Help????

Tutorials and guides for Plazma Burst and community features.

Help????

Postby map9 » 13 June 2020, 06:04

I am getting frustrated at trying to make a trigger or whatever system it is that detects which player slot it is for multiplayer.
The reason why I need this system is that so I can make a system that can clones guns based on the player pressing E on the button that should spawn the gun to him but at the same time I also wanted for it to be on what player that pressed E on the button that would do so spawning the gun only for the player who press E on the button for example.
Let's say player 1 which is slot 0 in game would press E on a button this causes the gun to spawn on the player who pressed the E button but what if player 2 which is slot 1 in game pressed E on the button? It should spawn the gun for the player 2 because he pressed the E button instead of the other one.
The propose of this system is to prevent extra lag caused by overlaying or stacked over guns that usually number to the amount of how many players there is in the map so this system only needs one gun that gets cloned and spawned at the player whenever he press E on the button but for some reason I tried and it's not working the way it should be and it frustrates me like HELL I just can't take this bull crap anymore okay?

map9

Re: Help????

Postby Nyove » 5 July 2020, 16:50

Hey,

Sorry for the late response..
Have you tried trigger action: Set variable 'A' to player initiator slot?

After running the trigger, your variable 'A' should contain the slot number of whoever pressed the button.
Then, you can execute a chain of triggers, each trigger checking every individual value of slot number (trigger 1 checks slot 2, trigger 2 checks slot 1) and perform the necessary trigger actions from there.
Proud to be part of something meaningful.
Need any assistance? Join the PB2 discord server at https://discord.com/invite/Bhe9rNz or raise a support ticket at https://www.plazmaburst2.com/support

Contact me on discord for quickest reply possible.

Nyove

Re: Help????

Postby nightmar » 9 July 2020, 16:27

If you want to be able to make such complex mechanisms it is best that you get the hang of variables first. If you do not already know the basic of vars you will just go in blind.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to Tutorials