Team systems [voluntary and random] (open source)

Tutorials and guides for Plazma Burst and community features.

Team systems [voluntary and random] (open source)

Postby alj99 » 27 December 2019, 13:38

I made multiple ways to sort or arrange your teams
There are multiple ways to arrange your teams, I actually created this a long time ago and even showcased one of them, however due to lack of attention to the map and me, it didn't really made an impact, so this is the first time i actually tried to show the design and how it works

Also to visualize which team, i only colored them
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Map is also open source

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
The first one showcased is the permanent arrangement, it cannot be changed, that has been the way since the beginning, each slot already have a defined team, which pose an unbalance when people start to leave

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
The second one is a voluntary or 'pick your own' teaming system, the design that i used in the demo is obviously not how it works. The idea is that there are three buttons, red, blue, and yellow. Pressing that button teleports you into a closed area with your teammates, and also changing your team.

However it doesn't have to be 1 button for each team, you can also make multiple buttons that are single use which goes to a certain team each button, but it does waste a lot of space
    You can also have multiple 'waiting area' for players rather than one large area for each team, you have also put everyone in a single area but players are likely to pvp so it is better to separate each team

You can also remove the balance in teams but you would just make it unfair

As for how this works, press which button below which color this press one of the buttons above below the actor to move it to the region, the order doesn't matter

The third and last one is the random teaming system, for this one the teams are not decided by the players or completely permanent, instead it is completely random. Designing this is a pain, mostly because i forgot something important.

The way this works is that there is a region that "scans" the player (the laser scanner is unnecessary) which goes to a check and a randomizer, if there are enough people in a certain team, it would automatically redirect to another team, if there are also enough team in it it will again be redirected, then the character is teleported. All of this process is done in a closed area because if an additional character entered, it would ruin the entire process

Again you can also remove the balance or the maximum amount in each player teams but you would still make it unfair

The more teams you add the more you complicate this, i don't wan't to imagine making a four team, the amount of redirect will be a lot each team is added

Also if you are wondering why won't i just loop it, it breaks it for some reason so it is not a probable solution, they would somehow skip a player or just slow the game given the amount to process

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I could also design an auto-balance feature given the amount of characters there are currently, but i intentionally didn't, one of the reasons is that it would be bigger.
    And also the design are made for actors not for players so do not put yourself in the contraption, only press buttons and look.
    Since it is open source, you can use it a reference to make actual designs

If the test map gets some attention and you also pm or comment to improve the design, i will probably improve the test map and make actual design rather than prototypes that are designed only for actors
Hello.
alj99
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Return to Tutorials