.:How to use the Text-to-speech trigger actions:.

Tutorials and guides for Plazma Burst and community features.

.:How to use the Text-to-speech trigger actions:.

Postby darkstar 1 » 4 February 2018, 00:32

The first thing you want to do is create a 'Voice object' and save it as a variable, this will determine what the voice will sound like. The trigger action you want to use for this is: 'Text-to-speech > Create Voice object and save it as variable 'A''

With the next three trigger actions you can change the characteristics of the voice, using the same 'Voice object' as in the previous step.
You can:
- Change the volume of the voice (0-1 is more silent, while higher than 1 is a higher volume)
- Change the pitch of the voice (numbers between 0 and 1 will give a low pitch voice (0 and 1 are default), anything higher than 1 will give high pitch voices)
- And the voice model (which can be found here: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/level_editor_manual/text-to-speech.html)

In the last two trigger actions ('Text-to-speech > Speak text 'B' with Voice model 'A'' or 'Text-to-speech > Speak text-value of variable 'B' with Voice model 'A'') you enter the text/or value of a variable in 'B', this is the text that will be said, and in 'A' you enter the voice model you made in the previous steps.

IMPORTANT: When using all these trigger actions in the same trigger, you'll have to activate it twice to make it work, so I'd suggest to make the 'Voice objects' at the start of the match with a 0 delay timer.
Last edited by darkstar 1 on 4 February 2018, 15:17, edited 1 time in total.

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Re: .:How to use the Text-to-speech trigger actions:.

Postby gani » 4 February 2018, 13:50

thanks thanks thanks! bro very helpful

2000-2018
gani
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Max teabag » 4 February 2018, 15:10

Doesn't seem to work for me. 28 characters
Max Teabag
Max teabag
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby gani » 4 February 2018, 15:14

Max teabag wrote:Doesn't seem to work for me. 28 characters

its working lol

2000-2018
gani
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Pixelbyte » 5 February 2018, 00:10

Max teabag wrote:Doesn't seem to work for me. 28 characters

It didn't for me either, but it did as soon as i set a pitch and volume (i set it to 1)

Pixelbyte
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Geniside guy » 17 February 2018, 20:05

I've been tinkering with this for about 15 minutes now,but I still can't figure out how to get player's texts to turn into speech. I've tried using the trigger action that sets the string value of var. 'A(av1)' to text being said, and then used the action that has voice object 'A(aa1)' speak text-value of varable 'B(av1)'. They are in the same trigger, and are the only actions in that trigger. The trigger is set to have infinite calls, it is activated by a timer that has 0 delay( and has infite calls aswell). Please tell me what I am doing rong, or how I can fix it.

Geniside guy

Postby ziomke » 22 February 2019, 08:31

Doesn't works because i can't enter any russian letters so russian female can't speak it and it's uselless.......
ziomke
Civil Security Lite [100]

Return to Tutorials