How to start a basic clan

Tutorials and guides for Plazma Burst and community features.

Postby shadowstorm122 » 28 February 2016, 22:43

Please note that the other topic in this section does not go in depth on most of the stuff in this tutorial

So, you want to make a clan but don't know where to start? Don't worry its all easy stuff.

Step 1:The name.
Unsure what to call your clan?
Your clan will need a name what will sound cool For example: ViperEX
Or if you want to use a really large clan name shorten it down to the first letter of each word EG: United Global Task Force would become UGTF
The name of your clan will go in your username between the bars and then your rank outside the bar on the Right for example: [UGTF]Rec. (Random name here)

Step 2: The website.
The first thing you will need is a website i myself recommend Wordpress as that is what 65% of the clans on PB2 use but if you can find a Website builder what will will work go for it.
So, lets begin.(this will be on wordpress)
1. The layout of your site, For the layout you will want a theme with the menu at the top and a sidebar(this will show recent comments, posts etc.)
2.Do not add very bright colours as this will look unproffesional its better to go for a really dark colour and to use white(or a light grey) font colour
3. Add pages to your clan
Here is a example of a very basic clan website(You may copy the stuff throughout the site)
https://shadowpb2.wordpress.com/

Step 3: Communications.
So you've got a basic website up and running and now you want to communicate to your members.(You can either choose one of these chats or all)
Discord chat
This is pretty self explanatory and simple to make.
Go to the Discord website and it will guide you on how to make a chat
(Then send the link to your members)
Xat chat
1.To make a xat chat go to any random chatroom
2.Press"get chatbox"
3. Edit your chat to a style you like.
4. Copy the code for your chat and paste it on your wordpress.
PB2 Chat
With the new addition of the channels feature on the PB2 chat you can now make your clan chat on it.
To make a channel press the green "Create new channel" button In the bottom left corner
Then press the Red "Edit channel" button and change the settings You can allow YT videos and even images on the chat.

Step 4: Recruiting
To recruit members there is multiple ways
Ask a few of your friends if they want to join your clan.
Make a game in your preffered Server and call it "Clan recruiting" The map could be anything from a base map to a saw map or even a arena map.
You can even post your site on the forums(this will bring you more critisism than members)

Step 5: Keeping your clan active.
To keep your clan active you must play a minimum of one match with them everyday.
You can start tournaments to keep members busy and happy
Playing a saw map with your clan will help them to know multiple tricks of PB2 like selfboosting or flying think of it like training.

Step 6: Have fun.
Clans are not always about wars and fighting rivals, clans are about friendship and having someone to talk to. If your in a clan what makes you sad then it is not a proper clan, think of your clan as like a football team you have to rely on everyone on your team.
Last edited by shadowstorm122 on 3 March 2016, 12:55, edited 5 times in total.
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Re: How to start a basic clan

Postby Savxir » 29 February 2016, 02:42

Pretty good but you forgot to add the part that tells you to make sure some scumbags wont take the clan over betray you and then kill off a perfectly good growing clan because their egos were bigger than their heads
Savxir
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby ustopable » 29 February 2016, 11:19

Finally a new tutorial but can you make some tips for new clan makers?
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Kman910 » 2 March 2016, 22:06

You need a good website.
Cheers Kman910 :)
Kman910
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby mingo1 » 3 March 2016, 02:47

@Kman not necessarily to start a BASIC clan (something simple, just groundwork, etc. etc.).

Aside from that, bro, I love this tutorial. I'm legit linking this to every person that asks me about starting a clan.
So, thanks!
:)

Bravo my friend, bravo.
mingo1
Administrator

Postby shadowstorm122 » 3 March 2016, 12:54

Kman910 wrote:You need a good website.

The website was basically for people to copy and paste stuff(As stated)
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Postby Superpablo BoZ » 13 March 2016, 21:09

Thanks for the "basic to create a clan"
Noice :3
Superpablo BoZ
Recruit

Postby Vinal » 14 March 2016, 14:13

Wordpress does not support xat anymore. Neither weebly or webs I guess. You can use the redirect(ext. link) option in Wordpress at the menu section. Just a hint from my side.
Life is something you can ruin as easy as you can make something of it.
Vinal
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby tburn » 25 March 2016, 17:12

A successful clan needs a good name and members. Chat is extraneously unnecessary but is a good addition if you have what I just stated.
tburn
Recruit

Postby Neckxt » 28 March 2016, 13:30

A clan is build by its members. Choose members wisely. You should have a criteria (which I prefer) is attitude more than skills. Loyalty and dedication are the most important skills that a player needs to attain but it's pretty rare nowadays. You should be matured enough to understand and comprehend your members attitude to make them feel not left out. Treat your members equally. Like I said, never ever make your clan members feel left out because clans are for bonding not for fame. Be active and check your clans and your members daily activities everyday. Position someone as a co-leader and some ranks to make your clan organized. Be careful who you put at a specified rank, as they are the lower ranks role model. Website and chat are not really necessary. You could just make a simple, neat one that can be easily used by your members. Skype and TeamSpeak are both effective and easier for me because of its versatility and mobility. You can also try having an academy or school thingy, to improve / hone your members skills so that they can be effective for clan wars, dm'ing and such. Oh I also forgot, don't ever forget your clans rules and regulations which is pretty obvious why.

For me, this are the BASIC tips if you want your clan to be successful. This is how I make clans in some games. You can also add some tips as this is not a perfect tip to build a successful clan. Btw, I made more than 5 successful clans in some games ( CS 1.6, GTA San Andreas Multiplayer, and etc. )

Thanks ! :D

Oh I also forgot, (again with this sh*t) don't make your clan name sounds stupid or what. Making your clan name ONLY sound cool isn't different from shitti clan names. Make your clan name sound cool AND meaningful. I prefer names such as Endeavour, which means to strive or to achive, Synergy, which means to cooperate to achieve a bigger goal and Alliance, which is simple word that is used almost everyday, but has a deep meaning behind.

P.S : Can someone invite me to a clan? I feel lonely lol :P ( IGN - Neckxt_.) Sorry if sometimes I'm a sarcastic bastard, I just love to have fun and piss people off :P
I dreamed about someone killing me in 2:42am. I was happy that it was just a dream but now I checked my clock, it's 2:41am.

Spoiler: Show More

Neckxt
Recruit

Postby Nighthawk201 » 12 May 2016, 17:46

You better start running lol :3

Nighthawk201

Postby wreak » 15 May 2016, 20:41

Clan making takes a LOT of dedication and time. You will also need a few other people having the same attributes.
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Return to Tutorials