How to make your own RPG today!

Tutorials and guides for Plazma Burst and community features.

How to make your own RPG today!

Postby ilijah999 » 3 December 2015, 16:13

What you will need to create your own RPG:

-Use my open source map for RPG Money 1: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=i ... &id=640723

Now making a RPG is very simple! You might be looking at the open source right now and is thinking: WTF is going on??? Well it's not that hard once you understand the basics:

-The hub: That is where your character will spawn EVERY TIME after each missions or side mission. This gives the player a chance to use the closet to change there outfit, use the closet and it keeps them away from the enemies so you won't die.

-Missions (Campaign): This is not always necessary. But if you do want a campaign, make those your MAIN MISSIONS. The campaign missions should always have a story going on, just not random stuff going on. Also the rewards should be high, since the campaign is the hardest.

-Side Missions: Side missions does not involve the campaign. side missions could be very simple. In RPG Money 1 the side mission is the arena! In RPG Money 2, it's a Christmas shopping side mission or saving Santa mission. Side mission rewards should be extra content like outfits, armor upgrades and most importantly unlocking the other side missions.

In-game money (Credits): In RPG Money 1, you are able to gain 200 XP credits. BUT I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND DOING THAT! That actually caused A LOT of lag in the game. I would change that to maybe MAX 50 XP credits or less (RPG Money 2 only used 20 XP Tokens) That should be used to allow players to buy weapons, armor and more! It could be anything! In RPG Money 1 you use it to unlock missions and buy weapons. In the 2nd RPG you use it for weapon upgrades and armor! But you can use it for anything you please.

Interactive gameplay: In RPG Money 1 and 2 you can click E near other characters to talk to them! Also finding secrets and more gives the game more gameplay! It can also make the game HARD! In RPG Money 2, you have to protect the people of Nova City. And if more than 3 people gets killed, you LOSE! It makes the player have to play harder and be smarter.

Weapon and Armor upgrades: The upgrading in all of my RPG's are SUPER EASY to learn. In RPG Money 1 and 2 you need a certain amount of kills and XP to get the upgrade! For weapons in both games you need to buy them with a certain amount of RPG XP credits!

Enemies: Creating enemies are pretty easy. In RPG Money 1 there are 9 kinds of enemies, 3 being leaders! The others all have different health and weapons which makes it diverse! The more diverse the better.

Random generated system: I got the idea from Max teabag! Making it is easy, but it might take a while to understand. But once you make one, the 2nd one MUST be near the 1st one or it for some reason messes up. IDK why it does that, if anyone knows why please comment below.

That is all I have to tell you! All of the map source is open for you to check out and use for your own maps! I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!

ilijah999
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Re: How to make your own RPG today!

Postby Charlie 5 Lives » 4 December 2015, 01:29

You have really done well, I can't even explain to how impressed I am with this tutorial.

It's a pretty big map, though. I'll give it that. I would suggest probably making minimaps for each section, such as the Random Generated System, the In-Game Money, and the Interactive Gameplay.
Charlie 5 Lives
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby mingo1 » 4 December 2015, 09:37

I've never made one of these and knowing you've created a guide is quite awesome!
Thanks man, if I do make one in the near future, I'm definitely reporting back to this topic.

Thorough job with the explanation. I love it!

:D
mingo1
Administrator

Postby Silent Aurora » 28 December 2015, 15:09

Konquer wrote:thx

Avoid 1 word posting, add more detail also don't necro post, check the date from the last post.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Konquer » 28 December 2015, 15:14

Aurorra , 24 days before isn't necro post!
http://prntscr.com/9je7ii Forum Takeover
http://prntscr.com/9w48i6 comeback
http://prntscr.com/bnnrqa Simple kill
Konquer
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Silent Aurora » 28 December 2015, 15:34

Konquer wrote:Aurorra , 24 days before isn't necro post!

14+ is necro post. Topic locked.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Return to Tutorials