Special Effects Turtorial

Tutorials and guides for Plazma Burst and community features.

Special Effects Turtorial

Postby alexwang32 » 19 November 2015, 02:08

Tutorials in this topic are focused on special effects, such as strange phenomenons that aren't usually witnessed are are visually interesting.

Here's on I would like to share.

1. The split

I first saw it on 725dan-jail. Here's how to create it. Make a regionA with activation on Player/Character, activate a trigger that 'Harm the stability of players in regionA with power -50 ( enter any value that's negative, but keep it small, otherwise when you enter the region you get thrown into nowhere )

2. The static bullet

Ok if you've been playing superhero maps where you fly with defib, you've probably seen these things appearing. Somehow when a flying defib is used, static bullets appear in random places. Unfortunately they disappear after a few seconds and are uncontrollable in terms of positions. They don't cause damage or anything.

A flying defib is created by changing the projectile power and number of projectiles to a negative value.

3. Flamethrower

Ok this one is fairly complex, nvove-test that has it so go check it out. The problem with this is that the user receives damage from the 'flame' if he aims up. Still it's pretty cool.
Last edited by alexwang32 on 19 November 2015, 17:05, edited 4 times in total.

alexwang32

Re: Special Effects Turtorial

Postby DoomWrath » 19 November 2015, 15:51

NNC wrote:That's all? I've expected much more tips here, not just 1 simple trick.

Do you not think that it's going to be updated? Enough with useless non-constructive negative comments on tutorials please.

---

Interested to see what else is put up here. I will have to try this out in some of my maps.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Re: Special Effects Turtorial

Postby Silent Aurora » 19 November 2015, 16:52

I think thats how Cahir done it in his traps 9 map judging from the picture but ill have to do it myself.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Return to Tutorials