how to make a day/night cycle

Ask any questions you may have here.

how to make a day/night cycle

Postby Oriental » 21 January 2019, 16:05

Is it possible to make a day/night cycle using these things?

Not the sky image changing
I ran out of ideas what to type in the signature.
Oriental
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: how to make a day/night cycle

Postby Jason Eden » 22 February 2019, 17:17

You can change sky HEX color, but it won't look natural/realistic. You can change the color each few minutes to create this cycle, but like I said, it's a waste of time because the final result won't be good.
Jason Eden

Postby darkstar 1 » 22 February 2019, 20:23

You could use a sin or cos function and put those values in the R, G and B multipliers, maybe give it a slightly more blue tint during night

darkstar 1

Postby Resi » 22 February 2019, 21:57

Oriental wrote:No one replied for a month. Good job guys no one gave a shit in this post so I made this just for nothing -_-

yes i will probably get a warning because of double post but I just wanna know how to make the day/night cycle that's all but not even one guy replied to this, Maybe no one knows, Or you guys are fkin lazy to explain it.

You're lucky people are helping you despite you biting the hand that feeds.
phsc wrote:WHY ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT REALISM IN A FUTURISTIC 2D FLASH SCROLL SHOOTER THAT HAS ALIENS AND UNREALISTIC UNHOLDABLE GUNS AND REGENERATION AND MANY OTHER THINGS, LOSTMYDOLLAR/JASON EDEN PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT A REALISTIC GAME AND STOP TRYING TO TURN IT INTO ONE BECAUSE IT WONT
Resi
Lite Marine [800]

Postby Jason Eden » 23 February 2019, 08:56

Resi wrote:You're lucky people are helping you despite you biting the hand that feeds.

No, he is right. It's our fault that we ignored his topic and we're the ones who should apologize.
Jason Eden

Postby Resi » 23 February 2019, 12:37

Jason Eden wrote:
Resi wrote:You're lucky people are helping you despite you biting the hand that feeds.

No, he is right. It's our fault that we ignored his topic and we're the ones who should apologize.

On second thought, yeah, that seems about right. Let's all apologize for our sins.

I'm sorry, Oriental, I'm a good boy, please don't kill me.
phsc wrote:WHY ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT REALISM IN A FUTURISTIC 2D FLASH SCROLL SHOOTER THAT HAS ALIENS AND UNREALISTIC UNHOLDABLE GUNS AND REGENERATION AND MANY OTHER THINGS, LOSTMYDOLLAR/JASON EDEN PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT A REALISTIC GAME AND STOP TRYING TO TURN IT INTO ONE BECAUSE IT WONT
Resi
Lite Marine [800]

Return to Questions