.:QUESTION/HELP:. Performance Issues

Report any bugs here or ask questions here!

.:QUESTION/HELP:. Performance Issues

Postby Darkosto » 18 August 2023, 21:40

I get horrible performance when playing both campaign and co-op, my FPS is constantly going on a rollercoaster between 30-50 and it never seems to plateau at 60.
For reference, I have 8GB of ram, GTX 1650 and a Ryzen 3 3200G.
In msi afterburner when I monitor the game, GPU usage stays below 7% at all times and CPU usage is between 40-60% at all times.
Is this an issue with flash player? or do i need to tweak some settings in it to make it run smoothly?
Oh, and also, I've enabled unlimited storage for flash player to use but the issue persists.

Here is a screenshot of it all:
https://imgur.com/a/Uu51Oi8

Darkosto

Re: .:QUESTION/HELP:. Performance Issues

Postby Mean Me » 24 September 2023, 05:11

I have default specs (Intel UHD Graphics 620 GPU, 8 GB RAM, and a Intel Core i7 CPU) and my launcher runs fine at 60 FPS in the campaign. I've noted that this game depends more on CPU for performance and it looks like most of the game's FPS depends on it. You could try to close other applications when playing. I'm no expert in the field but hopefully you can resolve the issue.
Spoiler: Show More
I have nothing to say. Goodbye.
Mean Me
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: .:QUESTION/HELP:. Performance Issues

Postby Pb2 D » 24 September 2023, 12:49

This is a rough issue because there is no solution for it.

Although I can recommend you some things that may help with your performance:

1.) Using browser to play flash.
Browser's flash performance compared to standalone is better for some so I recommend you to try to find a browser that still supports flash.
Some examples include:
Maxthon Nitro 2015,
Chromium, (Needs to be setup to use flash https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqoyTkgPQ_0)
Liebao (I don't completely trust this one as it is chinese and it put stuff on my pc, but if you want to go for it)
2.) Turning display quality to low.
This is something you can do in the game's settings. Just go to the main menu and set it to low.
3.) Setting task manager up for flash.
To do this, you would need to open task manager, set affinity to a single CPU core and set the priority to something higher than normal. This isn't guaranteed, but it's worth a try.
4.) Turning off background apps.
If you are playing PB2 I recommend you turn off anything else that could eat up your system's resources.
5.) Play in windowed mode.
PB2 does lose performance if you play in full-screen or maximized mode, so I recommend you keep it windowed and to NOT make it maximized, keep it at 800x400 as it is intended.
6.) Rivatuner.
Rivatuner is an FPS counter and it also helps to stabilise the FPS on your game. It downloads along with MSI afterburner, so you could also download that. It automatically attaches itself to the game, but I think you might have to put in more effort if you are playing with browser PB2.

Pb2 D
Recruit

Return to Bug Reporting, Help & Support