.:[Question]:. ERROR! Operations

Report any bugs here or ask questions here!

.:[Question]:. ERROR! Operations

Postby verecund gazelle » 23 October 2020, 11:11

I'd hate to inundate this section yet again with my smoothbrain threads that have either been answered ages ago, or can be answered by other threads, that I haven't taken the time to see, but couldn't seem to find anything on here (I searched this time, I swear).

I just found out how to access campaign sources, and saw the ERROR! trigger.

This has to be the trigger to activate the stats endscreen. Weirdly, it can only be seen when editing triggers as text. I am no genius, but it seems "1" represents a "unlocked" sort of thing, and "c1a" is the next mission's map source.

"op7" is preceded by the "Make damage in region "A" with power "B", and is succeeded by another ERROR! operation ("op8" ~ I don't know what it does; only has 0,0 fields), which is succeeded by "End mission with reason "A".

I had a hunch Level 41 would have another trigger, and sure enough, the end portal has another operation, "op47". I'm no genius, but this seems to be the trigger that activates the credits. Preceded by "Set remain calls for Timer "A" to "B", and succeeded by "Multiply maximal and current hitpoints of player "A" by "B" percents".

So, is there any way to use these operations in a practical sense?
For example:
making a series of maps, and having each map give you a post-mission stats log, and placebo "unlocks" the "next mission" and gives you "money"
redirecting people to the pb2 credits scene, when map completed (just tested this, no use it seems, even with copy-paste from level 41, maybe I missed something)
(get creditsrolled, you know the developers, and so do I)

Or is this just a campaign-specific trigger for all the campaign-y things that happen in the campaign?

PS: Thanks Derpixion and mrnat.
PPS: Isn't the constant font changing nauseating?
This is what I get for rating all my maps 1 star

verecund gazelle
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: .:[Question]:. ERROR! Operations

Postby jeje52 » 23 October 2020, 15:07

Looking at the game's code, it seems you're right about all of them.

op7: https://prnt.sc/v5bxps (doesn't show all the code)
It does exactly what you think it does. It shows the end screen and increases the current level, among lots of other things. It seems both parameter A and B are unused, despite them being used in the campaign maps. It's impossible to use in a custom map.

op8: https://prnt.sc/v5c0y8
No idea why this exists. It changes the parameter value types to integer, but they're not used anywhere else as far as I know. Maybe it did something in the beginning, but became redundant and was too difficult to remove with all the trigger actions that were already added on top of it? Technically all of it is usable in a custom map, but what's the point?

op47: https://prnt.sc/v5c69j
It shows the credits and adds achievements, among other things. Parameters are unused. Again, it can't be used in a custom map.

The trigger actions show up as errors because they were never registered in the editor. It seems that none of these can be used outside the campaign, unfortunately.
jeje52
Civil Security Lite [100]

Return to Bug Reporting, Help & Support