.:[Question/Help]:. New Gameplay Mod Trigger

Report any bugs here or ask questions here!

.:[Question/Help]:. New Gameplay Mod Trigger

Postby verecund gazelle » 6 October 2020, 09:11

So, as (possibly) many of you guys know, a new trigger action has been added, pertaining to something that has been quite mundane, and hasn't seen much use at all over the years (that I'm aware of):

~ (Op. #331) Var > Set variable 'A' string-value to string-value of "Gameplay Modifications" field from match starting screen.

"Something could be done to use it though." ~ Encouraging words. Could it mean this section can finally see actual use after all these years? I hardly know anything about straightforward vars; much less concerning string-values, so I figured I'd make a topic on it, and have you adepts explore this new feature and discuss it here.

PS: This is a topic for to discuss and explore this new function. And consolidate information for someone to develop a guide for future use.

PPS: I beg of thee, tell me if this is a boneheadass post. Never posted here before.

PPPS: Thanks chir for screencap.
This is what I get for rating all my maps 1 star

verecund gazelle
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: .:[Question/Help]:. New Gameplay Mod Trigger

Postby YensLe » 7 October 2020, 02:59

Yeah, I've already experimented with it on my map "Zero Gravity" in multiplayer.

Codes for the gameplay modification section for my map "Zero Gravity" is down below.

Slow motion - Makes it like the matrix like my previous maps matrix swords and matrix rockets.

Fast motion - Makes it be in faster gameplay speed obviously.

Double health - Sets all players health from 130 to 260.

Double damage - Sets all weapons firepower 2x more powerful including defibrillators but I couldn't modify the swords though as that trigger action simply does not exists.

If there is more ideas let me know I could add them if you want that is.

But from what I understood was that any strings you put in the gameplay modifications are obviously set to variable as a string-value which then is used to check if it contains that string value via by another variable which is set to value 0 which by 0 it is disabled and if it were 1 it would mean it's enabled and basically you make it so that it checks if it has it enabled it would activate the set of triggers to make the map by applying those gameplay changes based on if it contains that string-value that is.

I decided to make my zero gravity map open-source for you all to see the new trigger action and how it's been set up by me and it works flawlessly obviously as I have tested it myself and experimented with it myself in multiplayer and honestly I find it very very cool and amazing as I've no longer have to make the map satisfied by me as all you have to do now is add the codes and you're good to go!

Very amazing feature that is though I did find a problem and that problem is that you can't combine those codes together unfortunately for as that code simply won't work unfortunately which means if you want slow motion with double damage you won't be able to as it will consider it as invalid code for whatever reason despite it contains the codes.

YensLe
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Nyove » 7 October 2020, 08:29

Hey everyone,

Refer to the 4th post in this forum thread to implement what YensLe has hoped to achieve.
viewtopic.php?f=149&t=24933

Best regards,
Nyove
Proud to be part of something meaningful.
Need any assistance? Join the PB2 discord server at https://discord.com/invite/Bhe9rNz or raise a support ticket at https://www.plazmaburst2.com/support

Contact me on discord for quickest reply possible.

Nyove
Falkok [250]

Postby Yex » 16 October 2020, 01:55

I feel so glad experimenting with this trigger action as YensLe.

Obviously, it got some great features as it is useful for making maps without having to constantly updating them to suit user's needs as all they have to do is add the codes provided by the level developer in the gameplay modifications section.

Man, feels quite nostalgic when I first seen the gameplay modification I remember messing with it only to find out it didn't do anything back then until now thanks to the new trigger action.
Now I really want to die. Just to get out of this embarrassment.
Don't talk to me.
Yex
Civil Security Lite [100]

Return to Bug Reporting, Help & Support