Teleportation and Trigger Activation Bugs

Teleportation and Trigger Activation Bugs

Postby alnertane » 20 November 2018, 01:17

I found 2 possible bugs
I made an open map to show them
https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=alnertane-testb

a. 'Teleport all players from Region A to Region B' and 'Teleport all players from Region A to Region B and invert speed by X axis' seem to be broken as they only activate when the player is in the top half of the region or falling/jumping/ragdoll in the bottom half. Though, 'Move Character A to Region B' works fine.

b. While trying to create a system for a new map where guns are moved to the player, I used 'Activate Trigger A' and 'Execute Trigger A'. When executing a trigger with 'Activate Trigger A', the trigger being activated will also be executed. However, the system works as intended when executing the triggers as the player.
alnertane
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: Teleportation and Trigger Activation Bugs

Postby jeje52 » 22 November 2018, 16:29

The "bug" with trigger activation is just the way triggers work. When you execute the triggers, it will execute them one by one, so when you activate a trigger it goes back and executes the next trigger, which you activated. You can fix that by changing the order of the trigger actions.
The teleportation may be a bug, but it can also be fixed by extending the button region down by 2. It may be because the game doesn't know that you're in the region, it may think that you're barely under it.
jeje52
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: Teleportation and Trigger Activation Bugs

Postby alnertane » 22 November 2018, 22:51

Oh thanks, I was thinking that their activation should not cause execution, but I see how that would be convenient.
Edit: Oh no, I was just being an idiot
alnertane
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to Bug Reporting Archive