Dear God, I hope my PC is not guilty for all of this.

Dear God, I hope my PC is not guilty for all of this.

Postby Nontafer03 » 12 July 2016, 21:48

I'm scared to hell right now because I think someone might take action against me for all these PB2 server crashes. A few weeks back, I was playing Feed The Beast Minecraft servers and I was banned once for two of the several of them after outages that occurred most of the time only when I connected to them. Ban reasons claimed that I was crashing these servers...

And now, after several times of saving one of my custom-made maps i'm building atm, at some point I will click save again and after a brief moment of freezing, a red text would appear on the bottom left saying that there are connectivity issues. However, when I play Plazma Burst 2 & multiplayer, fortunately there are no crashes. It only happens every time after clicking save on one of my custom maps more than once, it will crash and the "Is It Down Right Now" website will prove that it isn't just me having issues--the website itself is down for everyone.

Something is not right. Ever since I got my new gaming PC, suspicious activity has been distributed from it, to not just me but to other people. I see an LED flash on my network card every time for the second an outage happens. Fortunately, this doesn't happen on all online video games & browser games I play, you can tell me that i'm paranoid, but is there a way to find out if my PC could be rigged or might have something harmfully counterfeit? Iv'e looked deeply through my internet config files and all that, but I haven't seen anything obvious enough.

Please help if you can try to figure out this, thanks.

Nontafer03
Recruit

Re: Dear God, I hope my PC is not guilty for all of this.

Postby DoomWrath » 12 July 2016, 22:43

There is absolutely no chance a dodgy bit of PC hardware would affect the site in any detectable way. Being banned from a modded minecraft server is probably due to your specific software setup related to the game - like an unstable MC mod that's doing bad things. Or it could simply be because you spawned too many animals or something.

As for PB2 maps showing issues on saving, and your network card flashing, that's because your own network/internet connection is going down. The flashing light is an indicator of loss of connection, that's all.

For the whole site going down, this has been happening for years. PB2's servers aren't the best, but they're way too powerful to be affected by one single PC.

If you're still not convinced, wipe your drives and re-install Windows from scratch, and go from there. The only possible reason that your PC could even be remotely responsible for crashing game servers is if a virus on it is using your PC as part of a much larger botnet, but somehow targeting the servers you connect to for DoS/DDoS attacks.

Overall, I would say no, your PC is not affecting PB2.

Just curious, what are your PC specs currently?
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Civil-Lite » 12 July 2016, 22:51

Nontafer03 wrote:...

From the looks of it there, you were confessing to everyone that your 'computer' is the cause of the site crashes along with the servers. Though the site does have a few issues so really you dont have to take the guilt for it as we are all aware of all this.
Civil-Lite
Janitor

Postby Nontafer03 » 12 July 2016, 23:19

DoomWrath wrote:Just curious, what are your PC specs currently?

OS: Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium (will be getting 10 on July 25th)

GPU: Asus Strix Nvidia 980 Ti w/ 6GB video RAM

CPU: Intel i7 4770 (no K)

Main hard drive: 250 GB Samsung SSD

Second hard drive: 1 TB Western Digital Black HDD

RAM: HyperX Red 8GB

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus Hero

Nontafer03
Recruit

Postby iPegaZus » 17 July 2016, 13:37

o_o
i have never seen dis b4.

holy fck.

Specs are alright... (1 tb ftw)

kden, what's your OS running right now?

scan your laptop for malware or anything else.
remove those files.
listen, once you finish the map, make sure you will not edit it again.

that's all I can do. hope dis helped.
iPegaZus
Civil Security Lite [100]

Return to Bug Reporting Archive