Zoom Glitch

Zoom Glitch

Postby xXWaffleDudeXx » 9 April 2016, 23:02

I'm not 100% sure if this is a glitch or not, so please don't put any negative comments.

It appears that people are using this glitch to take advantage over other players in ranked approved matches (most likely something to do with ctrl + ?). I don't think its only bullet spraying, since they will be on platforms out of my view and know exactly where I am without using sniper rifle sighting lasers. If it is a glitch, please patch it to ensure that everyone's KDrs and predicted player points will not be depleted unfairly.

xXWaffleDudeXx
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: Zoom Glitch

Postby Ayano » 10 April 2016, 00:30

Ctrl + just enlarges the screen resolution of the game.
It doesn't give any advantage or what so ever.
so yeah it doesn't give you extra view
your probably fighting Pro enemies then.
I personally don't use Ctrl + (Aka "Zoom") for it makes me lag more both in Connection and in FPS.
Ayano
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby xXWaffleDudeXx » 10 April 2016, 00:55

Though they could be pro, how could a regular player see me from far away?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sYRZWERkR4

xXWaffleDudeXx
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Psykoz » 10 April 2016, 01:27

xXWaffleDudeXx wrote:Though they could be pro, how could a regular player see me from far away?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sYRZWERkR4

My pizza sauce that was like, 3 years ago, Eric patched that up after he found out a lot of users were exploiting it.

People were probably just randomly shooting or just assumed where your location is.

Psykoz
Recruit

Postby pixelbyte » 10 April 2016, 04:31

People with headphones can hear your footsteps, Giving them the advantage, just hearing a footstep and shooting in the direction can kill

pixelbyte

Postby Silent Aurora » 10 April 2016, 12:59

What you said was true, about the zoom glitch. It was around 2012-2013 until Eric noticed and fixed that. I myself used it too.

One of the biggest factors is sound. You wouldn't believe how much sound helps to find your target, once you master it then you will roughly know where your enemy is and there you go. Kaotic Kaos knew where people were in eric gurt-railwars1 just by using sound, thats one example. It's no bug, people just use sound and predict.

Topic locked, problem resolved.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Return to Bug Reporting Archive