Idea for vehicles to be in Multiplayer

Discuss and suggest any update ideas you have for the Plazma Burst series

Idea for vehicles to be in Multiplayer

Postby Dr Hell » 23 December 2016, 14:00

I would really want vehicles to be in multiplayer to be honest. Just imagine how fun it would be to ride vehicles such as the Hound Walker and Corvette in multiplayer. Fun isn't it? I think it is, so why not add them?
Dr Hell
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: Idea for vehicles to be in Multiplayer

Postby mikey schmidt » 23 December 2016, 14:35

protonoid, teh, and others said to me : a vechile will cause lag in multiplayer. imagine 2 people hanging on a rope one of them will see that his friend was not on the rope ( same does the other one ) this will be terrifiying for those two players
mikey schmidt
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby tehswordninja » 23 December 2016, 17:20

mikey schmidt wrote:protonoid, teh, and others said to me : a vechile will cause lag in multiplayer. imagine 2 people hanging on a rope one of them will see that his friend was not on the rope ( same does the other one ) this will be terrifiying for those two players

And you're right; at least for PB2.

PB2.5 will have server side multiplayer, meaning everyone will see the same things, so vehicles could certainly work in PB2.5. PB2? Not so much.

This idea has been suggested countless times but again, it simply won't work in PB2.
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby maxim12 » 2 January 2017, 22:47

I don't really think that Vehicles would cause lag in multiplayer, considering that PB2.5 will get a new engine with much less lags and more stable gameplay.

I would like to see Converte death match with people flying the convertes and dogfight each other. Would be awesome. 8)

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby GhostX5 » 3 January 2017, 08:05

I agree. One of us actually asked why the rope is not seen on PB2 multiplayer map, told him that it causes lag, and it counts as a vehicle, that's why it's not on PB2.

Well, I guess it's time to use vehicles in multiplayer, make some high speed chases, gunfire on the road, aerial fights, even ground battles for PB2.5.

Hound Walkers are very impressive for defense and artillery. Why not give this a shot for some war maps?
GhostX5
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby Terror Only » 3 January 2017, 11:32

it's that kind of suggestions you don't need to suggest. obviously pb2 mulitiplayer is missing cars and shit. the reason is already mentioned - lag/desync/etc

perhaps pb2.5 will not have vehicles too for the same reason
Terror Only
Falkok [250]

Postby darkstar 1 » 8 January 2017, 15:55

We would also need triggers to repair those vehicles, or clone them if you want it in MP.
darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby jonb7 » 16 February 2017, 09:35

darkstar 1 wrote:We would also need triggers to repair those vehicles, or clone them if you want it in MP.

COOP excluded, this is the only major problem, if lag were eliminated. Either repair tools (Maybe a new thing for the 6 slot?), or respawn triggers. Or maybe, instead of vehicles themselves being in MP, we have vehicle pads, which spawn vehicles.

Land vehicles may be tricky to implement in good ways in MP, seeing as how they can only traverse flat land easily, currently. (Hound walker is something of an exclusion, and I must say it's all terrain capability via physics engine is pretty awesome.)

Imagine the possibilities, though. Aerial battles in corvettes, while infantry traverse areas too small for them to fit. Or, just an outright drone war.
Hound walkers walking the streets, while the more agile infantry traverse the rooftops. Or, players riding on top of drones and hounds.

So much epicness could result from vehicles. If lag can be removed, I don't care at all about the other issues, because map makers will make it work wonders.
jonb7
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby tehswordninja » 16 February 2017, 13:58

jonb7 wrote:
darkstar 1 wrote:We would also need triggers to repair those vehicles, or clone them if you want it in MP.

COOP excluded, this is the only major problem, if lag were eliminated. Either repair tools (Maybe a new thing for the 6 slot?), or respawn triggers. Or maybe, instead of vehicles themselves being in MP, we have vehicle pads, which spawn vehicles.

Land vehicles may be tricky to implement in good ways in MP, seeing as how they can only traverse flat land easily, currently. (Hound walker is something of an exclusion, and I must say it's all terrain capability via physics engine is pretty awesome.)

Imagine the possibilities, though. Aerial battles in corvettes, while infantry traverse areas too small for them to fit. Or, just an outright drone war.
Hound walkers walking the streets, while the more agile infantry traverse the rooftops. Or, players riding on top of drones and hounds.

So much epicness could result from vehicles. If lag can be removed, I don't care at all about the other issues, because map makers will make it work wonders.

Im sorry to say that removing just lag alone wouldn't fix anything. Sync issues would make vehicles next to impossible to work and multiplayer itself would have to be entirely rewritten to be server side in order to vehicles to be usable.

It's the same issue with AI more or less.

So we're just going to have to wait for PB2.5, sadly.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby jonb7 » 17 February 2017, 03:48

tehswordninja wrote:Im sorry to say that removing just lag alone wouldn't fix anything. Sync issues would make vehicles next to impossible to work and multiplayer itself would have to be entirely rewritten to be server side in order to vehicles to be usable.

It's the same issue with AI more or less.

So we're just going to have to wait for PB2.5, sadly.

Of course. Sync issues being included when lag is mentioned. I'm glad 2.5 is gonna be server side- I hope that dosn't cause any new issues.

Hm. With everything being server side, does this mean all the pasts sync issues will be fixed? Players might finally see guns and doors in the same places, and triggers might finally be synced for players newly joining a match.
jonb7
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby stormforce » 20 February 2017, 21:51

Of course, being able to flip over vehicles in Pb2.5 is great. Press E near it or a button to flip over a turned over mobile. Additionally, we can add a slower vehicle which can have two people, like the Warhog in Halo series. This would allow some nice and fun gameplay for all types of battle maps.
hi

stormforce
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Dr Hell » 8 March 2017, 13:11

We could have an infantry carrier that carries all players, what do you think?
~~ ======The Vice-Leader of Plazma Burst Democratic Republic====== ~~
Dr Hell
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby JayaRaya » 13 March 2017, 13:18

Im more thinking of a brand new battle aircraft that we could actually ride, instead of a corvette that only can be used by a drone - controller.
"Always repent and rectify any mistakes that you have been done."

Spoiler: Show More
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OMD_LSELAM
JayaRaya

Postby stormforce » 20 March 2017, 23:22

You would be able to control Drones and Corvettes better.
hi

stormforce

Postby Starwars7 » 8 July 2017, 15:21

jonb7 wrote:Imagine the possibilities, though. Aerial battles in corvettes, while infantry traverse areas too small for them to fit. Or, just an outright drone war.

I, for one, will be making maps like that as soon as PB2.5 comes out.
Ever had one of those days where everyone you meet in ranked likes you?

Yeah, me neither.

Starwars7
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby R0boBoy » 13 December 2017, 21:14

What about speeders? If they add those maps would have to be bigger but it would still be cool.

What about a space/galactic map with shuttles that come out of a ship?
R0boBoy

Postby Player_PB2 » 12 January 2018, 11:06

Just imagine others are corvettes and you are the only one on foot, that'd be funny
2020 and still laughing at a gray box ██ <---- funniest crap i have ever seen
Player_PB2

Postby Build » 26 May 2018, 17:37

And in the future.

it was now added in the multiplayer

but its bugged blah blah
Build
Falkok [250]

Return to Other Ideas