Why did you vote for Eric to design the campaign? (OP upd)

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Re: Why did half of you voted for Eric to design the campaig

Postby curiosity » 10 May 2022, 20:06

LazyRain wrote:Also, if players in PB2 are able to make fantastic maps just with the current instruments, Eric definitely will do it better in the next game. Or will ask for some assistance.

Assistance exactly. That's the purpose of this topic. Eric needs an assistance.

Because you should learn to see the difference between "Eric the game developer" and "Eric the level developer". The latter is the problem. I checked his PB2 profile page, checked all his maps and I don't see a single map that looks properly detailed to match todays visual standards. Maybe I'm blind. Can you link me to the map that has a level of visual/plot quality similar to, let's say, Silk1's maps? Because if we find out that Eric cannot match similar level of skills, then what sort of a campaign will we get in PB3? Maybe you don't care about it, but who outside of this community would want to try this game out in 2022 if it cannot impress him with the campaign?

curiosity
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby wires memelord » 11 May 2022, 00:08

curiosity wrote:You will get the original feel, but at what cost? If PB3 campaign will look exactly like PB2 campaign but with 2.5D effect, would you be so happy about this "oRiGiNaL fEeL"? Or maybe it's just best to leave the campaign to people who actually can make maps in this game? To those who sharpened their skills for ages and have a true talent? Because these people can actually make a campaign that is enjoyable and pretty and would make you want to replay it again and again. Not to mention the WOW effect coming from people who will be new to Plazma Burst series. It's 2022, it's hard to impress people when there are so many other cool games around. Think about it.

I may be wrong though and Eric can make a visually and plot-wise good levels. If he made a demonstration map (maybe some footage from first PB3 campaign level or just something from PB2 level editor?) that has:

A) Good visual (proper background colors and shades, good use of decorations and effects).

B) Good wall placing (that actually forms some sort of a real life area, not just random retarded wall combinations like in most of PB2 maps).

C) Good plot decisions (not "round start > pew-pew > end").

Then I will admit that I was wrong and I will wish best of luck to Eric and the campaign he'll make.

There's nothing you can do about it.
I will be happy to get the original feel, because it's the same game I loved years ago.
And aren't there already video clips of gameplay/levels?
Look its best to just drop this because when the game does release people will be having fun and you will be crying over spilt milk.
STAPH

wires memelord
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Nozzle » 11 May 2022, 18:52

To be honest, i pressed it ACCIDENTALLY don't know how to revote it, lol, did even somebody do the same as me?
Also, i was going to vote for helping eric, or something, don't remember the text, but it was, something like that, also it's because you know, i agree with people's mind about eric, like he making it a bit boring, and will took more time for this.
so i agree, with their minds.
but since it's A) 50% voted and B) 50% voted, well, that's a bit sad tho.

ERIC, HE NEEDS A LITTLE HELP, OR NOT JUST A LITTLE, MAYBE BIG HELP
Well, if eric will do it alone, then it will be take so long time, somebody as me, can forget, what is pb2.5/3 game, what is this game, after that, i think it will have low online.
Since the progress will take like 5 years someone, could forget about it, and being bored to play this great game, damn.
We do a little waiting for pb2.5/3.

Nozzle

Postby Gorrdon Frreeman » 12 May 2022, 05:00

Nozzle wrote:To be honest, LP[/b][/color]
Well, if eric will do it alone, then it will be take so long time, somebody as me, can forget, what is pb2.5/3 game, what is this game, after that, i think it will have low online.
Since the progress will take like 5 years someone, could forget about it, and being bored to play this great game, damn.

(1) Of course making full game will take more time than map making He might not finish that as fast but he won’t take more than 1 year to finish campaign

(2) not much different for each guy to make each map for a series in 1 month as one guy can make full map series with effort just in 2 months, same thing here

(3) still, one thing will make me vote for pb2 users to make pb3 lvls because it helps Eric gurt a lot, both Eric and some pb map makers are good, so this is the only thing that make no difference

(4)ppl r dumbo 4 not voting for pb users make pb3 maps. Seriously easy as f•ck any pro can make good stuff, tbh I feel that ppl voted for Eric to make da maps because they like him. And respect him, like the map makers doesn’t have to be straight up from pb2, Eric can employ new guys with 5 or 12 years experience on design 2d maps

Gorrdon Frreeman
Recruit

Postby curiosity » 12 May 2022, 13:24

wires memelord wrote:There's nothing you can do about it.

Wrong. I can try my best to change Eric's mind through these posts that he reads sometimes and he may do things as I advised.

wires memelord wrote:I will be happy to get the original feel, because it's the same game I loved years ago.

It's not important what you or any other current community member wants. This game is dead and if we want PB3 to not be dead - it should have something to lure new players in from outside (of this community). Nowadays there are different standards in gaming and game developers fight for their part of audience by trying to make their game and campaign as impressive as it can be. So in order for PB3 to succeed there should be an indeed impressive campaign. The question is: can Eric create it all by himself or does he need help?

curiosity

Postby Nozzle » 12 May 2022, 14:27

Gorrdon Frreeman wrote:

(1) Of course making full game will take more time than map making He might not finish that as fast but he won’t take more than 1 year to finish campaign

(2) not much different for each guy to make each map for a series in 1 month as one guy can make full map series with effort just in 2 months, same thing here

(3) still, one thing will make me vote for pb2 users to make pb3 lvls because it helps Eric gurt a lot, both Eric and some pb map makers are good, so this is the only thing that make no difference

(4)ppl r dumbo 4 not voting for pb users make pb3 maps. Seriously easy as f•ck any pro can make good stuff, tbh I feel that ppl voted for Eric to make da maps because they like him. And respect him, like the map makers doesn’t have to be straight up from pb2, Eric can employ new guys with 5 or 12 years experience on design 2d maps

Bro, i was not going to offend someone, it's just my opinion lmao, chill

Nozzle

Postby Gorrdon Frreeman » 12 May 2022, 21:49

Nozzle wrote:
Gorrdon Frreeman wrote:
Well, if eric will do it alone, then it will be take so long map making
Bro, i was not going to offend someone, it's just my opinion lmao, chill

Don’t worry I’m neutral already. I’m just throwing facts in (1) on what u said. Then the rest was my opinion
If u say that u want other ppl make maps for Eric then I support that option ;]

Gorrdon Frreeman
Recruit

Postby Nozzle » 13 May 2022, 11:09

Gorrdon Frreeman wrote:Don’t worry I’m neutral already. I’m just throwing facts in (1) on what u said. Then the rest was my opinion
If u say that u want other ppl make maps for Eric then I support that option ;]

The thing you said on (1) like "he won’t take more than 1 year to finish campaign" is satisfying ^_^

Nozzle

Postby curiosity » 13 May 2022, 11:44

Nozzle wrote:The thing you said on (1) like "he won’t take more than 1 year to finish campaign" is satisfying ^_^

First of all, the main purpose of the campaign is to showcase game's features to new players to make them want to join community and maybe start making maps which is the fuel for his game to live long enough (PB2 lived for more than 10 years thanks to map making). To do it Eric doesn't need to make 42 levels or 100 levels. To showcase game features 12 levels would be enough imo, maybe more, maybe less. The size of levels can be bigger than PB2 ones due to having a better engine in PB3. The only requirement is having enough levels to finish the story of PB universe (because I seriously doubt there will be PB4 anytime in future). But it wouldn't be too complicated imo because the plot of this game series is not something extremely deep or thought-out. Just typical "good guys fight bad aliens and CSs". 12 levels would be enough to finish such simple story. Unless if Eric decides to make the plot bigger. If Eric desires to make more levels he can make alternative stories levels or maybe season 2 of the campaign after PB3 release so we won't have to wait for too long to finally play the game.

Secondly if you're pro at map making a good map should take you 2-3 days to finish it (unless if it's too big or complicated). So if we take these numbers, it would be 12×3=36 days. Of course Eric won't make them without breaks, but it definitely shouldn't take a year or more to finish campaign. If we make Eric ask for community assistance to make the campaign it should take even less time as there would be more hands.

curiosity

Postby Nozzle » 13 May 2022, 16:08

curiosity wrote:
Nozzle wrote:The thing you said on (1) like "he won’t take more than 1 year to finish campaign" is satisfying ^_^

First of all, the main purpose of the campaign is to showcase game's features to new players to make them want to join community and maybe start making maps which is the fuel for his game to live long enough (PB2 lived for more than 10 years thanks to map making). To do it Eric doesn't need to make 42 levels or 100 levels. To showcase game features 12 levels would be enough imo, maybe more, maybe less. The size of levels can be bigger than PB2 ones due to having a better engine in PB3. The only requirement is having enough levels to finish the story of PB universe (because I seriously doubt there will be PB4 anytime in future). But it wouldn't be too complicated imo because the plot of this game series is not something extremely deep or thought-out. Just typical "good guys fight bad aliens and CSs". 12 levels would be enough to finish such simple story. Unless if Eric decides to make the plot bigger. If Eric desires to make more levels he can make alternative stories levels or maybe season 2 of the campaign after PB3 release so we won't have to wait for too long to finally play the game.

Um, eric will finish 12 or more levels to release it as beta right? or what you mean

curiosity wrote:Secondly if you're pro at map making a good map should take you 2-3 days to finish it (unless if it's too big or complicated). So if we take these numbers, it would be 12×3=36 days. Of course Eric won't make them without breaks, but it definitely shouldn't take a year or more to finish campaign. If we make Eric ask for community assistance to make the campaign it should take even less time as there would be more hands.

Again, when you say it, it's makes me happy tho also thanks for little or big information idk lol.

curiosity wrote: If we make Eric ask for community assistance to make the campaign it should take even less time as there would be more hands.

I know but thanks again lol, you just ALREADY answered at my questions, which i was going to send, lmao.

Nozzle

Postby curiosity » 13 May 2022, 16:38

Nozzle wrote:Um, eric will finish 12 or more levels to release it as beta right? or what you mean

No, I don't know what Eric's plans are. I said that if I was Eric I wouldn't make too many levels.

curiosity

Postby Nozzle » 13 May 2022, 16:39

curiosity wrote:
Nozzle wrote:Um, eric will finish 12 or more levels to release it as beta right? or what you mean

No, I don't know what Eric's plans are. I said that if I was Eric I wouldn't make too many levels.

Oh, alright.

Nozzle

Postby curiosity » 13 May 2022, 22:05

I forgot to address this.

wires memelord wrote:3. Impossible for someone that isn't Eric to leak code,art,ect.

First of all talented trusted map makers are not ones to leak something for dumb reasons or for the lols. You should believe in people at least a little bit.

Secondly, will you not play PB3 campaign if someone leaks a png of a 2.5D stone to you? Okay, even if it's script, so what? Will you immediately leave Plazma Burst community after that? Campaign doesn't even matter the most. Map making does. It's what kept PB2 alive all this time and what will keep PB3 alive. And leaks won't affect PB3 map making anyhow.

It doesn't even matter if something gets leaked within community as it won't affect the number of active PB3 players. And to make PB3 a big and known game it should have new people coming from outside of community, it should have new people joining this place. And you cannot leak something to people who never were a part of the community in the first place and who will join the game only after release.

So what's the deal? The goal is to make PB3 famous, big, stable game. It's not possible to do with remainings of dead PB2 community. It's what new players can do, the outsiders, new generation. Their experience matter the most. Your pleasure is the last thing to care about.

curiosity

Postby Nozzle » 14 May 2022, 09:39

curiosity wrote:I forgot to address this.

wires memelord wrote:3. Impossible for someone that isn't Eric to leak code,art,ect.

First of all talented trusted map makers are not ones to leak something for dumb reasons or for the lols. You should believe in people at least a little bit.

what do you mean by lols, lol

curiosity wrote:Secondly, will you not play PB3 campaign if someone leaks a png of a 2.5D stone to you? Okay, even if it's script, so what? Will you immediately leave Plazma Burst community after that? Campaign doesn't even matter the most. Map making does. It's what kept PB2 alive all this time and what will keep PB3 alive. And leaks won't affect PB3 map making anyhow.

I can agree with your opinion.

curiosity wrote:It doesn't even matter if something gets leaked within community as it won't affect the number of active PB3 players. And to make PB3 a big and known game it should have new people coming from outside of community, it should have new people joining this place. And you cannot leak something to people who never were a part of the community in the first place and who will join the game only after release.

Indeed.

curiosity wrote:So what's the deal? The goal is to make PB3 famous, big, stable game. It's not possible to do with remainings of dead PB2 community. It's what new players can do, the outsiders, new generation. Their experience matter the most. Your pleasure is the last thing to care about.

All you say is making sense x2

Also don't worry, we always do a little forgetting :roll: even if brain is smart.

Nozzle

Postby curiosity » 14 May 2022, 14:12

Nozzle wrote:what do you mean by lols, lol

For the lols means for laughs, to troll, to do some bullsh*t because of boredom.

curiosity

Postby Nozzle » 14 May 2022, 14:24

curiosity wrote:
Nozzle wrote:what do you mean by lols, lol

For the lols means for laughs, to troll, to do some bullsh*t because of boredom.

Oh ok lol

Nozzle

Re: Why did you vote for Eric to design the campaign? (OP up

Postby iSeeYouForever » 21 August 2022, 21:58

Yep , if Eric made enough tools for design, then any player can make better design, which will be great 8)

iSeeYouForever
Cyber Grub [25]

Previous

Return to General Discussion