A Paid Subscription Model ideas?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

A Paid Subscription Model ideas?

Postby mrblake213 » 7 April 2021, 00:44

Plazma Burst 2 Staff Team is currently exploring the possibility of having a paid subscription model to support Plazma Burst 2.

We want to open this discussion up to the community to get your feedback and insight as to what things you'd like to see accompanied in a potential paid subscription model for Plazma Burst 2. There have been discussions on discord, and forum topics made similarly addressing this concept of in-game purchases with PB2. We welcome any and all ideas that are applicable and appropriate towards the game.

Please take note that donations to this cause should not be directly donated to Eric Gurt's patreon. Coolbuddy will still be paying for the servers.

Read https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=21 to know more information
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Re: A Paid Subscription Model ideas?

Postby hunterboi » 7 April 2021, 00:48

I think it would be great so to use the money to expand the plazma burst franchise or pay for servers

hunterboi
Recruit

Postby ZapruderFilm » 7 April 2021, 00:54

Support it in what way?
Why does it need support if CB is still paying for servers?
Why would we want to support this dead game? Can't we pay Eric to finish the new one instead?
I am so freaking confused rn.
ZapruderFilm

Left PB2 Staff to join Dark Clan.

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby mrblake213 » 7 April 2021, 01:03

hunterboi wrote:I think it would be great so to use the money to expand the plazma burst franchise or pay for servers

Yes, that is the of supporting PB2. But we are currently finding ways on how to divide the subscription model or what perks to give in those subscription models.

ZapruderFilm wrote:Support it in what way?

Support it by giving money monthly to aide the website and the servers

ZapruderFilm wrote:Why does it need support if CB is still paying for servers?

Coolbuddy will still be managing the servers but the money to support the servers will come from the community this time

ZapruderFilm wrote:Why would we want to support this dead game? Can't we pay Eric to finish the new one instead?

I think Eric would still like to keep the game active for the players that still actively play. That's why he is currently finding ideas to fill in https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=21
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby ZapruderFilm » 7 April 2021, 02:39

Sounds like you guys really need help. Sending love your way Eric.

Edit: be sure to make a monthly contribjtion goal so we can be sure to keep the site online.

Edit: paypal via google pay does not work so far as I can see.
ZapruderFilm

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Assassian4 » 7 April 2021, 03:35

gee if only this could've been done at a earlier time when the community was still above 15 people.

you've passed your prime for this, people were well ready to hand Eric buckets of cash months ago but its all since dried up.
although yes I do love eric and how cool a guy he is, he picked such an ass time to go ahead and start this up.
pb will forever be dead unless he speeds up with 2.5, money or not he could've been done years ago if he involved the community. of which is now leaving

eric took 1 year to add 4 sound effects into pb.
in my honest opinion a man that slow doesnt deserve money anymore, especially after what all ive seen from his staff.

Assassian4
Recruit

Postby ZapruderFilm » 7 April 2021, 03:41

Assassian4 wrote:gee if only this could've been done at a earlier time when the community was still above 80 people.

you've passed you prime for this, people were well ready to hand eric buckets of cash months ago but its all since dried up.
you've missed it.
stop trying to crawl your way back into relevancy, pb is dead an unless eric speeds up with 2.5 the unique community this decade old relic created will be forever lost.

If it isnt obvious, this decision wasnt made because they suddenly want to turn a profit. Its because theyre NOT turning one anymore. And we are getting to the point where PB2 is a charity service. Meaning that if you want to continue to enjoy the game, you'll have to chip in.
ZapruderFilm

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby the red death » 7 April 2021, 04:32

Lmao.

You know , these days I'm barely around PB2 mostly due to my shift in interests and the fact that better games exist, but I really just gotta comment on this particular forum post ;

Why ?

Can you give me one argument why you would want to keep PB2 alive at this point other than maybe "nostalgia" ?
Let's face it ; PB2 was a great game for it's time , it was definitely a part of my childhood and all but ... it's a dumpsterfire these days.
Adobe Flash is dated , the game is instable (at least for me) , it's laggier than before & the holy netcode makes it partially unplayable.

"But would you do it for the community ?"

No , absolutely not lmao.
PB2s community is mostly ... well let's say "garbage" to not be too offensive here.
The game was always plagued by toxicity (like any mp game lol) but there were always people you could talk to.
In the last few years though the community basically boiled down to a toxic plaque at the bottom of the barrel.
In fact it is so bad that some older (mostly productive) members of the community leave PBC & PB2 as a whole , mostly because they don't want to put up with all the bs. surrounding this game.

The fact that some staff members either don't take their few responsibilites serious isn't making it any better , especially if "certain" staff members participate in harassment &/or simply abuse their perms these days.

To not be classified as a free post though ;

No , I don't really have any good ideas regarding a paid sub model.
The only thing that comes to my mind are some kind of supporter badges , but apart from that ?
nothing.
I would be glad if the idea was implemented so I can meme it.

If I ever get to see PB2.5 for myself I may change my mind & maybe donate a little bit of money purely out of good will , but I guess it's gonna be a long time until that happens.

On a serious note , good luck with developing PB2.5 Eric.
the red death
Recruit

Postby ZapruderFilm » 7 April 2021, 04:44

the red death wrote:some snarky bullshit

People still play and love this game. People still gather and celebrate this game. You got on here and posted, because of this game. Dark Clan's main game is PB2.
Just because you affiliate yourself with disgusting people doesn't make the rest of us disgusting (I'm disgusting, but plenty of people here are not)
Over the last decade I've grown to find many of the people here familiar as family, and many of us have watched eachother grow up here.
Eric wants the game to live on for people who don't have other things to play as well.
If you don't want to donate, then don't. Eric didn't WANT to do this, I'm sure it was a last resort.
ZapruderFilm

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby mrblake213 » 7 April 2021, 04:57

Since PlazmaBurst 2 has ALE and the decoration workshop, it would be difficult to implement a cosmetics/gun/characters skins to give away to donators.

But a donator should have something that would differentiate them from a normal player.
I'm thinking having a colored username, a 'tab' badge (a badge you have beside your name when pressing tab), a custom profile border, possibly a profile badge too, and then emotes or taunts.

$1 Supporter could give you a colored username, a 'tab' badge and a profile badge.
$5 Supporter could give you the above but also with a custom profile border (perhaps maybe donators can upload their own images in their profile page? or they could choose from a pre-set)
$10 Supporter could give you the above but added emotes or taunts that you can use in-game. Taunts could be actions such as dancing, a thumbs-up, a salute. I don't know how taunts could work in MP especially in custom matches. The emotes could work similarly to League of Legend's emote system. A player can press 'T' and they can choose from 5 of the emotes that they've uploaded or they've chosen from a selected pre-set of emojis.
Here are some images:
Spoiler: Show More

EDIT: Another idea I wanted to add is voice chat. Perhaps supporters can use in-game proximity chat.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Build » 7 April 2021, 05:20

oh hi
been awhile now

mrblake213 wrote:a donator should have something that would differentiate them from a normal player.
I'm thinking having a colored username, a 'tab' badge (a badge you have beside your name when pressing tab), a custom profile border, possibly a profile badge too, and then emotes or taunts.

$1 Supporter could give you a colored username, a 'tab' badge and a profile badge.
$5 Supporter could give you the above but also with a custom profile border (perhaps maybe donators can upload their own images in their profile page? or they could choose from a pre-set)
$10 Supporter could give you the above but added emotes or taunts that you can use in-game. Taunts could be actions such as dancing, a thumbs-up, a salute. I don't know how taunts could work in MP especially in custom matches. The emotes could work similarly to League of Legend's emote system. A player can press 'T' and they can choose from 5 of the emotes that they've uploaded or they've chosen from a selected pre-set of emojis.
Here are some images:

i don't mind all this but
that's basically
pay so you can flex on em

mrblake213 wrote:EDIT: Another idea I wanted to add is voice chat. Perhaps supporters can use in-game proximity chat.

he called me a p***phile i mean hes not wrong but he has no evidence
Build
Falkok [250]

Postby mrblake213 » 7 April 2021, 06:06

Just adding, thj suggested to add trails/auras.
Perhaps when you walk, you can leave a trail of water, snow, fire that would be gone after like 2-3 seconds.

And then something like unique glows around the character.
Similar to Goku's Super Saiyan with different colors.

Another would be special kill/death messages.
Perhaps you can customize your own kill/death messages when you killed a player or died.

One of Stryde's submission is the permission to change nickname without having the login name in it.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Build » 7 April 2021, 07:51

I think these are not enough for supporters
so here's my ideas, Hope this helps

- Custom Avatar in Site
- Custom Themed Profile like in Steam (Ex. Nekopara Background GIF) and they can see it when they click on your profile
- You get a new Donator role in PBC Discord
- You can make your skin change colors every 3 seconds
- Capes ( Perhaps you can customize it as well )
- Soundboard in-game, You can add your own sound effects
- Able to use TTS whenever you want to
- Make voices for your skin
- Gives you 1 SP daily when you're active in ranked
- You can post custom images in ALE without approval at all

and Auras as what blake said, Wouldn't it be cool when you have effects around you?
Build
Falkok [250]

Postby yi en » 7 April 2021, 08:06

I am here just to reply towards their "wonderful" ideas of the rewards of donating 1 dollar to PB2. About the donation program itself I will just rather talk to eric directly so you can ignore this thread now if you are wondering my ideas.

The perks/virtual decorations only works when human are either stupid enough to say that they are willing to donate so they are able to flex to others, or there's something in return for them.

Yes, the point is, something in return for them. By far the ideas showing above, trails/auras/change nickname without having login name etc are simply doing nothing but just ruining the balances on PvP areas.

Let's think about it, trails/auras can cause other people found your trails thus giving yourself disadvantage, thus you won't even dare to install them unless you are youtuber/someone who is willing to challange yourself.

If you said that aura/trails are only visible to yourself only, then I can say if players are stupid/dumb enough to think this is worth it, then go ahead.

Since 2012, people aren't allowed change nicknames without having login name into it has security reasons. And now you are willing to release the exploits just for 1 dollar. Wow. This is cool af.

unique glows. As same as what I said at first, unless it is worthy for flash running, players, otherwise no thanks.

voice chat please refer to this post to get average idea of why this won't work.

emotes? really? I don't think this is a good idea but you can try if you want...

"Releasing some paid content which is towards community for the community isn't even care about it."

About build thread, I haven't read yours yet as I am posting this thread. so hang on.

Edit: Builds idea list.

- Custom Avatar in Site
(Sounds good at first, then you found out it's 2021 and imagine a game/platform still ask you money for this meanwhile forum is free to custom avatar.)
- Custom Themed Profile like in Steam (Ex. Nekopara Background GIF) and they can see it when they click on your profile
(Maybe the only idea which I think it works in return. Cost cloud size but ok.)
- You get a new Donator role in PBC Discord
(psst, nitro booster, psst.)
- You can make your skin change colors every 3 seconds
(not a fan for me but ok, maybe other people love it)
- Capes ( Perhaps you can customize it as well )
(Minecraft capes? ehh, idk how capes work in 2d but ok)
- Soundboard in-game, You can add your own sound effects
(Imagine spamming 18+ moaning sounds in matches. Nice)
- Able to use TTS whenever you want to
(TTS are annoying af, pls dont.)
- Make voices for your skin
(Well there's 2nd way/3rd way to make this done, but uhh, personally I am down of this idea, but not as down as the other ideas.)
- Gives you 1 SP daily when you're active in ranked
(Breaking PvP matches woohoo)
- You can post custom images in ALE without approval at all
(Same as soundboard in game, the problem exist.)
yi en
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Secret man123 » 7 April 2021, 08:33

1$ = Coloured username.
5$ = More customizability for your profile page.
(border colour, shape, custom [non-copyrighted] background image.)

Other than that, we can't really have features that aren't giving your unfair advantages (like extra perms on servers), other than novelty features.

Here's a weird example of the Customization of your profile page:
My reason for still trying make gaymes:
Secret man123
Recruit

Postby Build » 7 April 2021, 08:58

I really appreciate you yi en for agreeing with all of my ideas, I've been a fan of your chinese programming for a long time now and all the coding

now I feel the need to suggest more

- You can get secret abilities when you're a supporter (only works in Singleplayer)
ex. U to teleport
Y to summon temporary minions something like that
ability to be invisible, stealth, etc... besides time warp
and it would have a cool animation like the super power in nyove-class

you can set the keybinds in controls for that

- You can change your skin as a guest, so people are not going to assume your gender anymore when you don't have a account

- Every map is open source to you so feel free to copy them
If I were a supporter, I'd copy all Jason Eden's maps because they're top quality
Build
Falkok [250]

Postby nightmar » 7 April 2021, 09:22

I am having a hard time to keep up with why this is all of a sudden necessary. What happened and we are required to pay now?
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Secret man123 » 7 April 2021, 09:44

You can still play for free. It's just that Eric needs money to keep up the servers. That's why there's a Subscription system now.
My reason for still trying make gaymes:
Secret man123
Recruit

Postby Hyper75 » 7 April 2021, 11:23

Wait. So this is actually Pay-2-Win for PP?
Hyper75

Postby mrblake213 » 7 April 2021, 12:46

the red death wrote:Can you give me one argument why you would want to keep PB2 alive at this point other than maybe "nostalgia" ?

We aren't forcing anyone to support the game but there may still be a few players who are willing to support the game by giving money and this topic's purpose is for ideas on what perks to give to them.

yi en wrote:voice chat please refer to this post to get average idea of why this won't work.

This topic assumes that everyone would have voice chat. The voice chat idea would only be for supporters of a specific tier (maybe $10?). If only voice chats can be logged so that moderation would be easier. But I doubt that anyone would pay ($10?) just to abuse it and get banned.

nightmar wrote:I am having a hard time to keep up with why this is all of a sudden necessary. What happened and we are required to pay now?

A few days ago, Eric Gurt announced on Twitter that Coolbuddy.com is for sale. This could probably mean that the owners of Coolbuddy can no longer maintain the company. Also, according to https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=21,
Code: Select all
Our partner Coolbuddy.com been supporting Plazma Burst 2 through all these years but would not be able to support game in same amounts in future.
It's only safe to assume that Coolbuddy no longer has the profits to maintain the server that the website and the US, California server runs on. If I recall correctly, Eric owns the Europe, Ukraine server.

Secret man123 wrote:You can still play for free. It's just that Eric needs money to keep up the servers. That's why there's a Subscription system now.

You can still play for free, yes. But only at the moment. We still don't know how this supporter thing would go in the future.

Hyper75 wrote:Wait. So this is actually Pay-2-Win for PP?

No, it's Pay to Keep the Server Running.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Next

Return to General Discussion