add back the ennemies list

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Re: add back the ennemies list

Postby isak-1110 » 25 October 2020, 23:50

eru_ wrote:Enemies in a Flash game.... aren't real life enemies enough? or you need more?
Also, this won't be added, no matter

why are you talking about real life when im talking about something in game ? its a game, isnt it logic to have friends and ennemies ? thats true, it wont be added if people like you say those things. If you re alone and not determinated thats sure they will never add it again.
BiggiBoi
isak-1110
Recruit

Postby wolf653 » 26 October 2020, 02:13

isak-1110 wrote:what is awful ? i have ennemy i want to remember them, where is the problem? you re saying to make a notepad for them then do it for your friends, try to remember all of them too or write it on ur phone . Personnally i dont want to make a notepad on my phone, i have pb2 and im asking to add it back cuz im playing pb2 on my pc. the ennemy list could be privat too if we re asking it, thats not the problem.

Ok i want you to acknowledge that many people in this thread disagree with you on this matter, and the way your writing this sounds like a absolute child which is doubtable with your account creation date. Almost as if your intentionally trying to cause drama and troll for the purpose of entertainment
you know i began to realize why youtubers beg for likes and shit its cause people forget to rate otherwise like come on how many people can have under 100 kills!
wolf653
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Incompetence » 26 October 2020, 03:33

jeje52 wrote:Having a list of enemies encourages toxicity. It exists, which means you should hate people and actively look for more people to add to the list. I believe that's the reason it was removed in the first place. Back when it was still a thing I would add anyone who wronged me to the list, and I would hold grudges for it. There's no reason to have that.

you don't have to hate the people you add or look for people to add, what kind of preconception is this? holding grudges is something you chose to do. enemies in the context of the list are your rivals/competitors. yeah it encourages toxicity but any form of competition will do that. it got removed because for some odd reason people wanted to badly see it as a list of people to always despise and they fixated on making the list look like that
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 26 October 2020, 12:18

Maybe instead of calling it an enemies list it should be like a Rivals List, or Competitors List. It should also be possible to add friends to this list. Competition isn't a bad thing if people can take it the right way.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby xElijah » 26 October 2020, 14:46

I would support the idea of adding enemies list back. Back in time when it existed and, a bit offtopic, clans existed, PB2 felt more alive. Things were happening everyday: some drama, some fun events, some big battles. People were interacting with each other a lot with both positive and negative intentions. Despite the fact that some of those interactions were toxic, they were something I wanted to see, hear, become a witness of. It was entertaining. It wasn't boring. It was something that made the community feel more alive and diverse when there were all sorts of relationships - both good and bad ones. I remember the old times when I was checking the website everyday just for the sake of them. Making loyal friends while fighting your hated enemies with all tools you had was a big pleasure for me and a reason to play PB2. Today everything feels dead and boring. There are many reasons for that, but declaring war on "toxicity" was sure one of them. Limiting possible interactions between people is something that kills the game faster than toxicity itself. I may be wrong, but I feel like it's true.
xElijah
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby jeje52 » 26 October 2020, 16:43

Incompetence wrote:you don't have to hate the people you add or look for people to add, what kind of preconception is this? holding grudges is something you chose to do.

I don't mean that they would go out and make enemies just like that, they would rather find some small inconvenience and remember there's a list for people like that.

Also:
"it got removed because for some odd reason people wanted to badly see it as a list of people to always despise and they fixated on making the list look like that"
So if what you say is true, people did do just that. It's common sense that people would use an enemies list to make enemies.

Incompetence wrote:enemies in the context of the list are your rivals/competitors. yeah it encourages toxicity but any form of competition will do that.

I would be fine with calling it competitors list or something similar like Phant0mB0nnie suggested. It would remove most of the negativity associated with it. Based on what you've said I feel like you used the list more for competition rather than enemies so we can probably agree to just have it renamed.
jeje52

Postby isak-1110 » 26 October 2020, 18:36

wolf653 wrote:
isak-1110 wrote:what is awful ? i have ennemy i want to remember them, where is the problem? you re saying to make a notepad for them then do it for your friends, try to remember all of them too or write it on ur phone . Personnally i dont want to make a notepad on my phone, i have pb2 and im asking to add it back cuz im playing pb2 on my pc. the ennemy list could be privat too if we re asking it, thats not the problem.

Ok i want you to acknowledge that many people in this thread disagree with you on this matter, and the way your writing this sounds like a absolute child which is doubtable with your account creation date. Almost as if your intentionally trying to cause drama and troll for the purpose of entertainment

Of course i acknowledge that many people will disagree that idea, there will be alaways someone or a group of person who will disagree something. maybe it sound like im a child for you and im sorry cuz im not good at english, i use google translate to write my sentences. Also im not trying to do any drama or troll, im just trying to review something that i liked before.
BiggiBoi
isak-1110
Recruit

Postby Incompetence » 26 October 2020, 20:26

jeje52 wrote:Also:
"it got removed because for some odd reason people wanted to badly see it as a list of people to always despise and they fixated on making the list look like that"
So if what you say is true, people did do just that. It's common sense that people would use an enemies list to make enemies.

except people were way too focused on defining enemies as people you solely hate and ignored every other definition of the word because it didn't fit their viewpoint. you don't have to hate your enemies nor does the list make you hate them. the entire argument for removing it was weak and based entirely on people's feelings, and because some people strongly felt the same way (note more people just wanted to rename the list instead), they got what they wanted due to being the vocal minority. it only ever got removed once big names like max teabag started supporting its removal and everyone caved in because the popular people said it

the entire discussion back then originally began because OP simply felt he was being hated by the people on his "hated by" list, and wanted to blame the list for creating that feeling. a valid sentiment, sure, but in an argument it holds no weight because you can't prove a feeling as fact. it was nothing but pointing fingers at the list and people without actually proving why or how it's their fault

jeje52 wrote:Based on what you've said I feel like you used the list more for competition rather than enemies so we can probably agree to just have it renamed.

i didn't use the list myself because i never had a need to, but renaming/reworking it makes more sense to me than outright removing it. i never once saw the hated by list and felt bad by it
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby wolf653 » 26 October 2020, 20:51

now that i think about it. It would be way useful to have the rivals list for clans only cause that actually makes sense to know who your clan is competing with. not just a individual person. it could even be like a friend request where the other party's leader has to accept
you know i began to realize why youtubers beg for likes and shit its cause people forget to rate otherwise like come on how many people can have under 100 kills!
wolf653

Postby nightmar » 29 October 2020, 13:37

wolf653 wrote:now that i think about it. It would be way useful to have the rivals list for clans only cause that actually makes sense to know who your clan is competing with. not just a individual person. it could even be like a friend request where the other party's leader has to accept

Clans are technically unofficial so we can't have a feature just for them.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Nakimato » 11 November 2020, 12:51

i still have it lol
i wouldnt be against adding it as long as they add a feature to auto add everyone you play with

Nakimato
Cyber Grub [25]

Previous

Return to General Discussion