Q&A with Eric (PB2.5 Stuff, Etc...)

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Q&A with Eric (PB2.5 Stuff, Etc...)

Postby Build » 31 August 2020, 11:51

Hi, We had a little fun asking Eric some questions from Discord and some may be important for people to see these.

Let's begin (I'd only include the necessary ones so its not a waste of time)

Q:
MoatazGlobal10 wrote:How much percent is pb2.5?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:I don't know how to measure.

Q:
MoatazGlobal10 wrote:Also i had a question If there is any ability if you can actually Dual wield the glocks

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:In PB2.5/3 any weapon can be dual wielded if set in Level Editor. But normally only pistols and maybe smgs.

Q:
Silk1 wrote:What will you do with the cape psychics that you shown in the latest vid from 2019?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:So far - leave for custom maps, unless campaign will have characters with cloth-physics.

Q:
the red death wrote:
Ngl- I'm still curious if custom gun animations (custom muzzle flash, reload, illumination ec.) could be a thing.

I really don't like to ask the same question twice, I just feel uncomfortable, but still...
I would like to know if this kind of customization may be a thing, since I designed pretty much all my guns in way to make it relatively easy to animate them.

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:Custom guns are not supported yet. But it kind of looks like decorations will be more flexible in 2.5 yet these are not implemented yet.

Q:
yi en wrote:would it become 100% pure coding with what language to do the trigger job? or we have a better GUI system to deal with that?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:I think coding should not be done visually for efficiency. So far it is pure coding and I might just make editor as much user friendly as possible.

Q:
Silk1 wrote:Will server matches in pb2.5 allow more than 16 players?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:There won't be forced limits on matches. If match owner believes it can be playable with any amount of players - then he will be able to have match like that.

Q:
Silk1 wrote:How long do you think the development will continue?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:How long development will take... If it will include campaign - I feel like it won't take less than a year. But if it is skipped then it could be faster. But then there is not much point in releasing game without campaign since there probably will be more stuff to do after release and by the time campaign could be done there won't be as much hype at there potentially could be. So something like that.

Q:
yi en wrote:would you afraid that 100% coding would just scared a lot of new map developers and causing the amount of good maps become lesser if we are going to code by notepads and special languages?

or does the coding will become something like scratch which uses a lot of bricks to build it up to reduce the "difficulty gates" of coding?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:I expect to make some sort of simple environment for coding with hints end everything. Maybe would not even call it coding to not scare off any potential map makers. Bricks is probably a no.

Q:
Silk1 wrote:Will the 'add to favourites' feature in custom decors will be implemented sooner?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:I planned it as feature but it feels like PB2's custom images isn't organized very well. Then I think of PB2.5 and realize they are not even compatible now. In short - I might leave it not implemented for PB2 for some time.

Q:
ChaoSquid wrote:Don't know if you saw my question, but do you plan on adding a page feature to the custom maps, custom decos list?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:Feature pages are always a good thing I believe, none are done for PB2.5 so far though.

Q:
Build wrote:Will there be map categories in 2.5? like Adventure, Creation, etc...

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:Probably yes.

Q:
CakeSpider wrote:can we work with any 3d objects in pb2.5 editor?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:It won't be hard to import at least textured .obj files into game. Not edit though. As for materials I'm also not sure - engine uses quite simple shaders in order to have better performance on average devices.

Q:
Silk1 wrote:Will you post more pb2.5 sneak peek pictures in Twitter soon?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:I'm working on Interfaces and interactions between servers so there is not much non-spoilery stuff to show recently.

Q:
Arkham Warrior wrote:wait so if u make a map can you transfer those elements into pb2.5?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:It should be possible to transfer PB2 maps into PB2.5, along with converting PB2's trigger actions into code-styled form of PB2.5, but it will work only in one direction.

Q:
yi en wrote:besides the trigger feature had been transformed into coding, meanwhile guns, skin recoloring etc are still working in UI mode?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:It will be more complex than that but yes, I plan to keep visual editing of initial stuff. Thinking about separate scenes that could be added to main one at any time due to map logic. So like enemy spawning won't require hidden copies of enemies, and then more than that could be achieved.

Q:
ChaoSquid wrote:Actually, would you be down to give us some more teasers for the skin editor, or even a stand-alone demo? Just kind of goof around with it, walk around a small box room, something like that?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:I somewhat believe in games starting aging starting from first long-enough gameplay video or playable demo, so probably not much to expect as for early releases.

Q:
CakeSpider wrote:oh yes, btw, about campaing 2.5, do you will make harder level design? (as add more stuff : trees, doors, new textures)

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:Not sure about campaign for now. It is still in form of script. Don't have Level Editor to make it nor all engine features are done like decorations or PB2's 2019 update additions.

Q:
MoatazGlobal10 wrote:well the fanarts character? ( for example civil security riot) well get in the campagin?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:So far I have no lore for fan-art characters, but there could be few places where some of fan-art submissions could appear while having proper arc added. So far I hope it could be done later & after main campaign is done.

Q:
yi en wrote:so far, any ideas of syncing grenades and bullets like the players in PB2.5? Since in PB2 grenades doesn't seems synced like players syncing which gives more accurate results yet.

also, any thoughts of further improving the entity interpolation better in PB2.5?

(and the other features which door syncing, triggers on death sync and something else

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:Projectile sync is works nicely in PB2.5/3 compared to what is in PB2. Entity interpolation works well too. Doors sync and interpolate properly as well. Triggers don't need much sync since they are all server-side in PB2.5/3 (but stuff like teleporting is still is sent to clients as event so players are not pulled across whole map and properly teleport instead).

Q:
LazyRain wrote:for example falkoks could have some kind of a cult. i'd put ditzy's skin in there. also that group from fttp looks like a rogue part. usurpation forces could have different divisions based on the world they conquered and home world division. also advanced factions for races like tcorr for humans

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:I have certain plans for that, but it might depend on lore shown in PB3. Generally it can be expected that main heroes do not have much understanding on aliens since they live separately and not really speak same languages as humans.

Q:
yi en wrote:will it possible to name the guns in editor?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:Gun naming - not really, but naming gun classes should be possible (basically new weapon IDs based off existing sprites). Hints on hovering are not implemented yet too.

Q:
Silk1 wrote:Will custom characters has an ability to have different sizes?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:So far character size is something that given to character during spawn and defined by level itself. There is so far no such thing as preferred size attached to skin itself but I think it could be added later.

Q:
Silk1 wrote:Will there eventually an ability to add your own voices for the custom characters they made?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:Voices for custom characters - maybe. For custom maps it could be easier to add than for player skins though. But then again, this will require a plenty of pre-moderation. Not sure if new stuff will be instantly available to other players.

Q:
Drowny wrote:will pb2.5 on steam ?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:Can't tell for now.

Q:
Silk1 wrote:A random question, but will you hide an easter egg like what you did with the Hakase dabbing decor in PB2?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:Easter eggs might be in the game. If I'll feel like adding some - I'll add some.

Q:
OmegaCreeperBoy wrote:Could you add Melee weapons? The Acid Sword in paul404-base is really interesting, and it would be cool to be able to wield a hammer or axe with different types of powers, such as the ability to dismember, insta kill, a dash ability with it, or to block bullets with it.

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:Maybe eventually. Stuff like this might not be in priority if these won't be in campaign.

Q:
Secret Man123 wrote:how will we code? .lua?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:Some form of scripting language, probably not lua, but can't tell for sure yet. I have working prototype but it is something that can change during beta.

Q:
yi en wrote:will PB2.5 supports ray tracing

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:Probably no, but flat reflections might work.

Q:
yi en wrote:any plans of hosting some ads towards your brand new PB2.5 once PB2.5 is suitable and confortable to released?
(and some sort of social relations of advertising?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:To be honest ads that were done in past didn't seem to influence much. Not sure if ads really work nowadays unless big money put into ad campaign. It might mostly depend on what is manually done, maybe even if people are contacted directly for advertisement.

Q:
OmegaCreeperBoy wrote:Are there going to be beta testers for PB2.5? And if so, can I be one of them?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:At some point. I think it will include mostly known people from community by the time game will be ready for beta. But then it will be more about testing new features.

Q:
yi en wrote:any thoughts how to advertise your PB2.5 currently? via steam, social media or somewhat else?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:PB2 was advertised by players and it appears to be most effective. There probably can be extra sources of advertisement, perhaps YouTubers. Whatever will be popular by the time game is nearly finished.

Q:
broforce1 wrote:how i'm gonna mod the swf without flash, i mean, i use a flash decompiler, that works on swf files only, flash games, so if PB2 got converted to another thing like, HTML5, so how i'm gonna mod the game, like no file decompiler or something.

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:So far I have no plans for PB2 to be ported to HTML5. There are some ways to edit HTML5. Adobe AIR to which PB2 might be turned into - I don't know really, maybe Adobe AIR can be decompiled in some way too.

Q:
OmegaCreeperBoy wrote:how many ppl are registered in pb2?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:Like 2-3 millions, but then half of accounts was lost at some point.

Q:
Build wrote:eric add parallax as a feature in 2.5 it'd be more nicer in maps

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:I think it will be possible to put wall or decorations on different Z offset which would probably help achieve required result.

Q:
yi en wrote:4 months left before flash is dead. Had you done the choice about moving PB2 to HTML5 or adobe cloud?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:So far it might work as standalone in Flash Player that added to downloadable folder. Not much more done.

Q:
Secret Man123 wrote:do you have the ability of making custom skyboxes in mind?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:Should not be too hard to add.

Q:
Derpixicon wrote:Will there be mods for PB 3?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:Maybe.

Q:
tehswordninja wrote:i would accept remade campaigns tbh

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:Perhaps maybe of active players would. I'm just kind of trying to think what players that left would think. It could be something like "Nice, 10 years just to remake same game".

Q:
LazyRain wrote:about campaign. will it something like new sonny did?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:I haven't checked new Sonny, though I played one of earlier Flash games in series.

Q:
broforce1 wrote:i always liked to hear echo effects on mp3 sounds on some caves

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:I think effects like echo could be done later, I didn't prioritize them yet.

Q:
Mr jaks nes wrote:Hello Eric! it's good to see you, i have a question, do you think that in PB2.5/3 there will be more than 16 players? if yes then what's the maximum amount of players who can join a match? thx!

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:High player count will probably cause performance problems (depending on how much stuff is happening on level), but I plan to not set any strict limits. If there will be server that can handle more than 16 players - then there will be more.

Q:
yi en wrote:so does the 1st california server become stand alone supportable too in 2021?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:I think it works with standalone right now? It was changed like a year ago, without any announcement though.

Q:
thetoppestkek wrote:hey eric are there any particles/effects in PB2.5 we haven't seen yet?

like smoke coming out of gun barrels after you fire, or guns kicking up dust when you fire them close to the floor

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:Dust exists, but when something drops on the floor. Sparks when guns hit walls too fast. Can't name more that is non-spoilery, but probably there is not so much.

Q:
Eshaan123 wrote:will there be asian servers in pb3? lol

A:
Eric Gurt wrote: I think yes.

Q:
BowWrath wrote:Actually, what will happen to PB2 when Adobe flash dies in December?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:Download / Redistribute button will become more noticeable.

Q:
Secret Man123 wrote:Hiring community to voice act?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:I'm not against it usually. People are just might be more shy when it comes to voice acting in community they are part of.

Q:
Coda wrote:eric will pb3 support 144fps and 240fps

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:It looks like it will be possible. Not tested with monitors like that though.

Q:
MoatazGlobal10 wrote:Well there be a medkit or something (like food) in pb2.5 that can help us to restore our health without a need of a defib?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:So far there still will be regeneration. Custom maps can have both options I think (medikits can be made in PB2 now too).

Q:
Arkham Warrior wrote:dosen't the Download / redistribute button use flash too?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:Yes, though Flash is only removed from browsers.

Q:
yi en wrote:been some checking and found that it really works in cali. thought the shut down of the flash will forced you to make PB2.5 faster but uhh ok.

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:Kind of but rushed release can make whole work somewhat pointless which I might not want.

Q:
CreeperHunter55 wrote:Hello, Eric. How can I join to alpha/beta testers team of PB3? And is it possible?

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:Most probably I'll pick some people when it is time.

Now the last important question.

Q:
Drowny wrote:eric what will noir marine and proxy gonna do when they enter time machine

A:
Eric Gurt wrote:Noir Lime will be teleported to Usurpation Soldier's planet and will find out they are anime ladies just like Proxy. Then Noir Lime will forget which one is real Proxy and unfortunately will build a strong partnership with Proxy-like character. Marine would be sent directly to space when he will survive for few days since he needs no air to breathe until he will die from fall damage due to gravity of random planet.

That was all of them, It was a pain the ass to look for the questions in Discord
Build
Falkok [250]

Re: Q&A with Eric (PB2.5 Stuff, Etc...)

Postby mrblake213 » 31 August 2020, 15:39

very nice topic +1
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Re: Q&A with Eric (PB2.5 Stuff, Etc...)

Postby broforce1 » 31 August 2020, 15:57

I should've said all of that with better grammar if I knew that topic will exist.
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Return to General Discussion