is pb2 dead? state of the game and pb3

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

is pb2 dead? state of the game and pb3

Postby Canada777 » 8 August 2020, 02:18

Plazma burst 2 is one of those games that we all have a special connection to it is by far one of the best flash games in history, it used to have thousands of avarage players but now we are seeing no growth and stagnation. the game is not dead quite yet it is more stagnant now.

i feel pb2 is not dead yet.

Pb3 will hopefully save the game though i have some doubts. what are your thoughts?

Canada777
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: is pb2 dead? state of the game and pb3

Postby Civil-Lite » 8 August 2020, 02:55

I wouldn’t say PB2 is dead, at least not entirely. The remainder of the PB2 community right now is in fact keeping what’s left of the game alive as we speak. Therefore not all is lost. But the state of the game has gotten better over the years but the popularity for it has drastically fallen, which is quite unfortunate. It would be nice to bring back good old days / times, you can see people have supposedly moved on with their lives / onto other games, what you do have to remember is not everything lasts forever. We have to make do as well as be grateful with what we currently have and that’s what matters most. Although the question still lies ahead of us, “How long are you willing to wait?”, but it’s all down for you to decide on what you’re going to do in the meantime.
Civil-Lite
Janitor

Postby mingo1 » 8 August 2020, 06:05

I feel like PB3 will save the series for sure. I think the maps in PB3 will be insane. It'll be a much smoother game as well. It could last 10+ years like PB2 in my opinion!

:)
mingo1
Administrator

Postby broforce1 » 8 August 2020, 09:15

PB2 won't die without the discord server, and also, we are going to start a new world on PB2.5 so ^_^
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby ECC9 » 8 August 2020, 09:37

pb2 died if we look back on how much people played back then
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby IforgotmypasswordHaHAA » 8 August 2020, 10:03

I don't think PB3 will bring back a noticeable number of players compared to the ammount of player there were in the 2012 era. At best it could get new players that will play for a few hours and then get back to their FoTM video game because the way I see it there are too many people that can't switch from one game to another and don't have an interest in games that are not popular memes.
Last edited by IforgotmypasswordHaHAA on 8 August 2020, 13:47, edited 1 time in total.
IforgotmypasswordHaHAA
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby paulstin » 8 August 2020, 13:02

Pb2 has not died, its popularity has just declined from its hayday,

This is because, new games have come out and players have moved onto them, or have simply grown up and got on with real life and dont play flash games anymore, Also there are a lot of other online games out there to play, Many new players are joining pb2 each day, but sadly alot do not return, they seem to just play the once or twice, over the last few months, peak online activity has increased to around,a average 130 players at peak times which is after 7pm GMT time, the numbers rangeing from 120 to as high as 160s. this may be due to the covid virus, so regular players have more time to log on and play, the last few weeks this has had a slight decline, and over the last week, daytime players is really low, on average of 60,

PB2 can regain some of its former popularity by being better known, and advertised more, promoted on websites, and gaming channels/discord servers etc, the last year, the games online players has stablised, so i do not think it will die out, it just needs putting out there,

paulstin
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 8 August 2020, 14:49

IforgotmypasswordHaHAA wrote:I don't think PB3 will bring back a noticeable number of players compared to the ammount of player there were in the 2012 era. At best it could get new players that will play for a few hours and then get back to their FoTM video game because the way I see it there are too many people that can't switch from one game to another and don't have an interest in games that are not popular memes.

Make more MEMES.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Girl_Power » 9 August 2020, 00:40

paulstin wrote:Pb2 has not died, its popularity has just declined from its hayday,

This is because, new games have come out and players have moved onto them, or have simply grown up and got on with real life and dont play flash games anymore...

Exactly the reason why I'm semi-retired now. Moved onto other games such as Valorant. If you ask me, Valorant is definitely worth my time more than PB2 is.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby ECC9 » 12 August 2020, 10:06

play csgo not valorant
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Master Chief 0 » 12 August 2020, 10:26

The game is dead anyways from years ago, but when the game was evolved and got rough updates, it kept the game little bit alive, and by the way, I dont believe in clans that much that they keep the game alive, well kind of but still i'm not believing with bullshit, just kidding, anyways, PB2 will die immediately and yea when PB3 PB3 will come out, PB2 will be just like PB1 as well, PB1 is no longer known that much since the game died and PB2 released, it's being like a nostalgia right now according to PB fftp right now since PB2 appearance, so, my prospect is if PB3 will be released, the destiny of PB2 will be just like PB1, it will be a forgotten game for play, and it will be just a nostalgic game, and then people will start to hear the PB2 music as a nostalgic memory, and then people will talk about it and other features on the forums, and remastered maps of pb2 may be developed or people would like to play pb2 maps ad pb1 maps on PB3 a lot, just like PB1, but if really the clan will die too and the game wont have updates, the game will get a worse consequance, because if PB3 would really require clans to live longer, especially dark clan, the clan that kept the game intersting little bit, so if the clan dies, that would be bad, imagine if PB3 will also need clans and also the DC because this clan is very stable clan, so i think if we dont need any clans anymore, we can find something else that would be better for PB3, so would you think that if PB3 is on steam and it got official maps, like coop or something like that, and making servers and adding a console for a server IP and commands, and also that will make the game much more fun for play, the console allows advanced user access to special features and an area to issue commands, and also it can be used while the game is running too, but i think that's another bullshit so whatever.
so what then, i think I will quit and leave this community but before I will complete my objective for sure then I will announce my retirement.
Master Chief 0
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Nakimato » 27 August 2020, 22:34

Master Chief 0 wrote:The game is dead anyways from years ago, but when the game was evolved and got rough updates, it kept the game little bit alive, and by the way, I dont believe in clans that much that they keep the game alive, well kind of but still i'm not believing with bullshit, just kidding, anyways, PB2 will die immediately and yea when PB3 PB3 will come out, PB2 will be just like PB1 as well, PB1 is no longer known that much since the game died and PB2 released, it's being like a nostalgia right now according to PB fftp right now since PB2 appearance, so, my prospect is if PB3 will be released, the destiny of PB2 will be just like PB1, it will be a forgotten game for play, and it will be just a nostalgic game, and then people will start to hear the PB2 music as a nostalgic memory, and then people will talk about it and other features on the forums, and remastered maps of pb2 may be developed or people would like to play pb2 maps ad pb1 maps on PB3 a lot, just like PB1, but if really the clan will die too and the game wont have updates, the game will get a worse consequance, because if PB3 would really require clans to live longer, especially dark clan, the clan that kept the game intersting little bit, so if the clan dies, that would be bad, imagine if PB3 will also need clans and also the DC because this clan is very stable clan, so i think if we dont need any clans anymore, we can find something else that would be better for PB3, so would you think that if PB3 is on steam and it got official maps, like coop or something like that, and making servers and adding a console for a server IP and commands, and also that will make the game much more fun for play, the console allows advanced user access to special features and an area to issue commands, and also it can be used while the game is running too, but i think that's another bullshit so whatever.

PB1 wasnt ever alive to begin with, it was a generic shooter and there were many better similiar ones out there, PB2 had multiplayer and a robust level editor so comparing them is retarded.

Nakimato
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby astrodex pl » 13 November 2020, 13:11

plazma burst is dead there is nothing more to do only pb2.5 can save us
My purpose makes more sense when i look at insanity around that world
astrodex pl
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 13 November 2020, 18:53

mingo1 wrote:I feel like PB3 will save the series for sure. I think the maps in PB3 will be insane. It'll be a much smoother game as well. It could last 10+ years like PB2 in my opinion!

:)

PB3 can't die if it's never finished and released. 8)
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby snow_the _arctic_fox » 13 November 2020, 19:16

I wouldn't say the game is "dead" yet, but it is slowly dying, and has been for years. I can only hope that the standalone launcher can save the game, and the series as a whole. I am hopeful, however, for pb2.5 and 3.

snow_the _arctic_fox

Postby mokaal » 13 November 2020, 21:21

Still waiting since 2016
Plazma Burst 2 had its moments,

let it rest peacefully among the legendary flash games.
mokaal

Postby Gashadokuro » 13 November 2020, 21:40

First we would have to define death.

Is it an absence of activity, such as in the chat?
Is it an absence of players in mp?
Is it an absence of updates over a certain period of time?
Is it active users falling below a certain threshold, in relationn to its registered playerbase?
What about the discord community?
What about the forums?
etc
Gashadokuro
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby mokaal » 13 November 2020, 21:50

It's not about that, it's just the people inside the community doesn't want to play PB 2 anymore, due to lack of players and updates,

Most of people still waiting for PB 2.5 so
Plazma Burst 2 had its moments,

let it rest peacefully among the legendary flash games.
mokaal

Return to General Discussion