Do pets/animals deserve a place in the Plazma Burst world?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Do pets/animals deserve a place in the Plazma Burst world?

Postby mingo1 » 27 July 2020, 00:29

Recently I've thought about if pets or animals would fit into the Plazma Burst world in both the campaign and multiplayer, perhaps for PB3.

Personally, I think alien animals opens up the door for tons of new art and campaign/singleplayer/multiplayer map ideas. For example, you press E to open a door and a bunch of alien guard animals come chasing after you or something. Or for multiplayer zombie maps, for instance, it could be a mix of zombies and possessed spiders or something!

Do you think animals/pets that follow you around (maybe as an animation) fit the Plazma Burst world or would they be too weird for PB3?
If you do think they fit, what alien animals/animal ideas do you guys have?

Let me know,

:)
mingo1
Administrator

Re: Do pets/animals deserve a place in the Plazma Burst worl

Postby Girl_Power » 27 July 2020, 00:40

I feel having animals would be a little weird in the PB world but nonetheless would be cool to have.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby wolf653 » 27 July 2020, 01:12

honestly i've always wondered why i never see a dog or a bird in this game especially on earth like have they all gone extinct/ although gameplay wise this would allow more wiggle room for interesting ideas and enemies but every custom animal would have to be added to the game by the dev himself. and In MP i can see stryde-sniper becoming a floor is lava map but the floor is a pit of dogs if they were companions. They could be a cosmetic like in terraria and not have influence on combat aside from distracting enemy players
you know i began to realize why youtubers beg for likes and shit its cause people forget to rate otherwise like come on how many people can have under 100 kills!
wolf653
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby nightmar » 27 July 2020, 02:31

Are we talking about animals like cows and stuff or animals like a xenomorph?

PS:
Does robo-dog count as an animal?
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 27 July 2020, 02:47

Yeah, how about attack dogs or those wolves from Intrusion 2? Maybe horses even if you like being old-school.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie

Postby yizhe » 27 July 2020, 03:03

maybe marine can get a pet to help him in campaign?
Meep!
yizhe
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Civil-Lite » 27 July 2020, 10:18

In my opinion, I think it’d would be quite interesting to see pets / animals implemented into the game and how they would behave altogether. A small change such as this wouldn’t be all that bad as you’d be witnessing all different kinds of creatures running around across the map, however, with certified limitations for this to work accordingly. It would be nice to have a dose of variety every now and then. At this rate, we could have this opportunity and extend further beyond the limit of our imagination.
Civil-Lite
Janitor

Postby ECC9 » 27 July 2020, 22:32

no‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby yeetYeet342 » 28 July 2020, 00:51

Makes game realistic enough but eh
yeetYeet342
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Tossah » 28 July 2020, 01:23

It would be odd to have a planet with no actual animals instead of the opposite. Also, I think the odd part about it would depend on what animals are implemented be it fictional or not.

Tossah
Recruit

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 28 July 2020, 03:01

Random wildlife like birds and bunny rabbits should be an afterthought. But animals that can be used in combat, like attack dogs, wolves, horses, anything that can be of a significant tactical value, should be included. It'll really help expand the game and its possibilities.
Me in my imagination:

Me IRL:
Phant0mB0nnie

Postby yizhe » 28 July 2020, 11:18

First of, can i behead the bats in pb2 to eat them so that i can spread covid19?

On topic: its ok to kill humans and aliens in pb2, is it ok to kill furry animals in pb2? I guess yes since they already started a massacre in minecraft.
Meep!
yizhe
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby EOw » 30 July 2020, 16:16

We need a gang of wolves to follow the player.

EOw
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby mrblake213 » 31 July 2020, 22:15

I believe pets/animals/companions (could be robot companions) can have a place in the PB Universe depending on how they're introduced in the campaign.

Perhaps in the futuristic world of PB3, there could be robotic companions that would help the protagonist.
Maybe something that would give him heath or also shoot by having a pistol?
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Master Chief 0 » 1 August 2020, 09:25

Enough that we are having animals on PB2 community, stupid users, besides of the topic, I can act like a cop and have a dog to catch my enemies, that would be sad if your animal or your pet dies.
so what then, i think I will quit and leave this community but before I will complete my objective for sure then I will announce my retirement.
Master Chief 0
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby MLG COOL DOMINIK » 1 August 2020, 12:44

No, earth animals such as dogs, cats etc... do not belong in pb2.
However, alien creatures such as xeno may belong in pb2
Nobody actually plays this game now, do they?
MLG COOL DOMINIK
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby mingo1 » 2 August 2020, 23:27

wolf653 wrote:honestly i've always wondered why i never see a dog or a bird in this game especially on earth like have they all gone extinct/ although gameplay wise this would allow more wiggle room for interesting ideas and enemies but every custom animal would have to be added to the game by the dev himself. and In MP i can see stryde-sniper becoming a floor is lava map but the floor is a pit of dogs if they were companions. They could be a cosmetic like in terraria and not have influence on combat aside from distracting enemy players

Yes!! Perhaps as elements of multiplayer aesthetically would be really cool. Today in multiplayer, we have things like a punching bag... those clearly aren't part of the PB2 space-type world, so why not have cosmetic animals? I agree here

Phant0mB0nnie wrote:Yeah, how about attack dogs or those wolves from Intrusion 2? Maybe horses even if you like being old-school.

This is sick!! Combat-based animals/AI in the campaign would be really cool. Even for zombie-type maps in multiplayer, I think this would be awesome

yizhe wrote:maybe marine can get a pet to help him in campaign?

I like this! Maybe he finds a small pet that can lay on his shoulder and help him get through various areas. Would it be too weird if this pet talked??

Civil-Lite wrote:In my opinion, I think it’d would be quite interesting to see pets / animals implemented into the game and how they would behave altogether. A small change such as this wouldn’t be all that bad as you’d be witnessing all different kinds of creatures running around across the map, however, with certified limitations for this to work accordingly. It would be nice to have a dose of variety every now and then. At this rate, we could have this opportunity and extend further beyond the limit of our imagination.

I agree that it wouldn't be as bad to introduce something like a pet into the world. Perhaps it's something that may not fit at first but then grows on players of the game and lovers of the lore

Phant0mB0nnie wrote:Random wildlife like birds and bunny rabbits should be an afterthought. But animals that can be used in combat, like attack dogs, wolves, horses, anything that can be of a significant tactical value, should be included. It'll really help expand the game and its possibilities.

I really like your focus here - having animals that contribute to the world not only aesthetically, but also fit the theme of violence for the game. Animals that can either serve as an obstacle or a tactic would be dope!!

EOw wrote:We need a gang of wolves to follow the player.

This would be sick!!!!

mrblake213 wrote:I believe pets/animals/companions (could be robot companions) can have a place in the PB Universe depending on how they're introduced in the campaign.

Perhaps in the futuristic world of PB3, there could be robotic companions that would help the protagonist.
Maybe something that would give him heath or also shoot by having a pistol?

I didn't even think about robot animals! Now this is something I can absolutely get behind and that perhaps could fit into the world more seamlessly than just your average "dog," per say. Brilliant

MLG COOL DOMINIK wrote:No, earth animals such as dogs, cats etc... do not belong in pb2.
However, alien creatures such as xeno may belong in pb2

Just like how Blake suggested, I absolutely agree that perhaps alien/robot versions of animals would be the way to go!

Thank you all for your replies, for real :D
mingo1
Administrator

Postby oklahoma » 3 August 2020, 02:21

Yeah they should introduce goats and camels and ponies to ride around and feed wheat and corn to regenerate their health.

Imagine if a troubled kid decided to play this violent game. It would be best to add a farming mode.
oklahoma
Recruit

Postby yeetYeet342 » 3 August 2020, 11:10

Imagine if Lion was added The whole players well get chased
However if elephant was added Could be good to make a medieval Fight for example
yeetYeet342
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 3 August 2020, 19:44

If we do add non-combat based animals, like farm animals for instance, then it could make for some interesting role play maps. Also, if us humans use animals like security dogs alongside armed forces, then it would make sense for aliens to have some version of this as well. Whether it be something organic or a robot, it would still be kinda cool.
Me in my imagination:

Me IRL:
Phant0mB0nnie

Next

Return to General Discussion