changing character nicknames/model

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

changing character nicknames/model

Postby karim999 » 26 April 2020, 19:11

Hey guys, I just have one question about map creating, more importantly about changing the model(head/arm/...) of the player/bot or change the nickname of the player/bot.

I see a lot of Singleplayer levels where all the bots have the same names (ex: civil security boss name: Zombie)( like all of them ), or just bots with head model that do not belong to the body model

I know all of these are made with the help of triggers. but my question is, how do I change names or how do I change the model of the head for all the bots in the map, at once, do I have to use the millions of trigger for maps filled with bots or is there any shortcut?
karim999

Re: changing character nicknames/model

Postby daft punk 777 » 27 April 2020, 05:07

I think there is no short cut. But what you can do - place bot some where out of map. then use triggers with timers, (1 call , 0 seconds before activation) , do your changes, and then copy this character with all triggers and etc.... I think this is only way
daft punk 777
Falkok [250]

Re: changing character nicknames/model

Postby darkstar 1 » 27 April 2020, 23:08

There is no shortcut for it, you can however, if you have multiple of the same type of enemy, apply the changes to one, and then clone it a few times.

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Return to General Discussion