({what if topic}) decors could work as GIFs?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

({what if topic}) decors could work as GIFs?

Postby broforce1 » 16 April 2020, 21:32

So, what do you think about that thing, like you now, decors are nice, custom decors are a lot nicer, cuz, you can use any image from anywhere though that, and you can use it on your maps too, but sometimes, we think about an image that can move, so we usually use PNG, and other files, but, one of the files are a lot cooler, the moving images, and you can call it, GIF images or files, so basically, it's an image that including multiple frames that are combined together , making it a movable picture, like a video inside an image, but with no sounds, and it keeps looping, and the nice thing about the GIFs that they're short so you won't have a time to watch it or something, they also use it for a lot faster video show, or something, and it's cool how do you see that image is moving with frames like videos, butwhat if the GIF file could work as well as decor, I mean, that would be amazing if it was working because sadly, it doesn't work at all, I know that something like that could be done with triggers, but it was going to be a lot easier to be enabled to use gifs, so what do think about that, I think if people can use gifs, they will use it rather than doing animations by triggers, it will be useful to take the whole work from uploading multiple screenshots and animate it by triggers, just use gifs will be a lot easier from animating frames together via triggers, and it's pretty fun for users, it's and pretty cool to use something like that you know, hope that if staff could fix that and it will work someday if this could happen anyways.
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Re: ({what if topic}) decors could work as GIFs?

Postby Girl_Power » 16 April 2020, 22:38

Hm, I thought about that idea too. I think it would be possible, just not sure if Eric would have enough time to add this feature. By the way, nice avatar.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby broforce1 » 17 April 2020, 09:34

Girl_Power wrote:By the way, nice avatar.

lmao, thanks.
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby mrblake213 » 17 April 2020, 09:52

I think this has been suggested before but this would take a lot of server consumption.
So I don't think Eric would be up for this in PB2.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby IforgotmypasswordHaHAA » 20 April 2020, 08:57

mrblake213 wrote:I think this has been suggested before but this would take a lot of server consumption.
So I don't think Eric would be up for this in PB2.

True. Maybe if there is a size limit implemented that is equal to the average image submitted on the editor it could be possible to support it.
IforgotmypasswordHaHAA
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby yi en » 26 April 2020, 06:22

Let's make that possible in Advanced level editor despite it may end up a big big cost.
If we are building a GIF decorations, we had to make the GIF halved into frames and frames.

Then by using your most favorite conversation chain method, then we can make a chain of decoration changing images.

But despite of doing that with 1000++ frames, I would say sure why not. But imagine I just uploaded a gif file which has 32M big, it could be a big problem.

So I would think that if the gif support of more images could be possible, or something else that my map storage tools should supply you the border of crate.
yi en
Civil Security Boss [500]

Return to General Discussion