Netcode

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Netcode

Postby shother23 » 12 December 2019, 09:05

I love what plazma burst has done over the years, and with word of pb2.5/3 being worked on i was hella Excited, but the newest netcode feels a little... Clunky? For Example, The latency in games gets so bad that people will lag across the map, or you shoot someone with a sniper in the face 3 times and they don't die, The hitbox seems a little Bogus, since i've noticed that rail guns are able to kill me just by be inches away. Its gets players so mad that they throw around "You're hacking" Or "You're a lagger" that's Not the problem in my opinion, The netcode messing with the servers and making everyone D/c In the middle of game with flawless internet, i have fiber optic with where i live at, And i STILL get D/ced from lobbys with 3000+ ping, I'm in no way supposed to experience Connection Problems like that with Fiber Optic Cables, Thats just a little bit of the problems i've noticed and experienced, Ive noted A lot Of other players Experiencing the same problems, Please Fix The Netcode

shother23

Re: Netcode

Postby ECC9 » 12 December 2019, 20:21

Well, not a lot of players play the game so I guess you just have to ''deal with it'' ?
Yeah, it will not be changed most likely, and I hope Eric will work on PB2 instead of fixing pb2 n stuff.
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby the guard2 » 13 December 2019, 09:52

If the netcode makes it unplay-able/clunky how would people continue playing it. They the new aspects of pb2 wouldnt be enough to compensate for the games netcode, since it plays a big factor in multiplayer. Games like, sniper and swords have lost its ability to be able to dodge, it's now about the first one to inflict damage, except you won't know who killed who, until you or the opponent dies. This death, will most of the time be portrayed in a misleading manner, due to the netcode.

Perhaps, people will acclimate and focus on the bright side. Can't be that hard to play right?

the guard2
Recruit

Postby nightmar » 23 March 2020, 11:34

the guard2 wrote:If the netcode makes it unplay-able/clunky how would people continue playing it. They the new aspects of pb2 wouldnt be enough to compensate for the games netcode, since it plays a big factor in multiplayer. Games like, sniper and swords have lost its ability to be able to dodge, it's now about the first one to inflict damage, except you won't know who killed who, until you or the opponent dies. This death, will most of the time be portrayed in a misleading manner, due to the netcode.

Perhaps, people will acclimate and focus on the bright side. Can't be that hard to play right?

I think that the reason most people did not abandon the game because of the netcode is because most players have been playing pb2 for a long time and are not willing to give up on it because of a bad update. Also some hope that the netcode will change again. As for the "bright side" I can't see one in ranked and approved games so I play only custom matches now. It's impossible to keep a good overall kdr after the update
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Naitor » 25 March 2020, 22:28

Yep it's literally impossible to keep an good overall kdr after that update, these bugs are more common in approved and ranked maps and the annoying shit will always happen to you, it doesen't matter how many or how less ping you have, it happens and it changed the gameplay drastically. that's why a lot of good maps like eric gurt-railwars and stryde-sniperwars are shrek's ass hair now, plus not only that, the physics are not the same too. now selfboosting is useless because you get fall damage in times where you are supposed and not supposed to. no wonder why ranked and approved maps are super dead since 2017, it's no longer a game where players figure out or create tactics to help they get on the top, now it's endless mexican standoffs where both or one player dies even if the other player shot first, oh yeah this also includes the boring base, rp and saw matches in the custom maps section. i wish i did made an account and played frequently back in 2011 so i could have an actually good multiplayer experience.

TL;DR = the new multiplayer sucks.

ECC9 wrote:Well, not a lot of players play the game so I guess you just have to ''deal with it'' ?
Yeah, it will not be changed most likely, and I hope Eric will work on PB2 instead of fixing pb2 n stuff.

That's a pretty shit statement, a lot of players hate this thing and it can't be directly ignored because the WHOLE PB2 community doesen't hate this, at least not yet, the main reason of why the multiplayer is still alive and active is because there are players who are new to this game or that still have hope for it just like the other said. however mostly of the good and recognizable players are giving up on this game and are actually having a life or a better gaming.
Last edited by Sgt Dwayne on 28 March 2020, 18:50, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Merged 2 posts
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over
Naitor
Recruit

Return to General Discussion