Why any religious items are forbidden in pb2?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Why any religious items are forbidden in pb2?

Postby pvt rya » 13 November 2019, 10:10

I tried to upload dome with cross twice (which is fits pb2 style) and it get rejected. there's no any other dome or religion stuff in library.

pvt rya
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: Why any religious items are forbidden in pb2?

Postby Incompetence » 13 November 2019, 10:16

portraying religious stuff in a certain way might upset someone and cause trouble. if you have a map where a church is getting blown up, that's not going to sit well with some people. same if you have a map where there's "enemies" by/from a religious place, it kind of gives a hostile message.
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby pvt rya » 13 November 2019, 10:29

Incompetence wrote:portraying religious stuff in a certain way might upset someone and cause trouble. if you have a map where a church is getting blown up, that's not going to sit well with some people. same if you have a map where there's "enemies" by/from a religious place, it kind of gives a hostile message.

i never saw this rule before (enemies in church)
i played a lot of videogames, i saw battles inside church many times, this is weird, what if i want to create church for peaceful roleplay map? (no, i wanted to add dome for my war map) so i created dome made out of pixels (btw there's hidden PTRD-41 inside it)

pvt rya
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby ustopable » 13 November 2019, 14:13

Church is somehow acceptable but yeah it might anger some people religious or non religious people. It depends on how it was portrayed.

The game Command and Conquer Generals I remember it banned in China for destruction of some chinese buildings in the game.
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby pvt rya » 13 November 2019, 17:28

ustopable wrote:Church is somehow acceptable but yeah it might anger some people religious or non religious people. It depends on how it was portrayed.

The game Command and Conquer Generals I remember it banned in China for destruction of some chinese buildings in the game.

literally pb2 styled dome with cross on top

pvt rya
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Incompetence » 13 November 2019, 21:32

pvt rya wrote:
Incompetence wrote:portraying religious stuff in a certain way might upset someone and cause trouble. if you have a map where a church is getting blown up, that's not going to sit well with some people. same if you have a map where there's "enemies" by/from a religious place, it kind of gives a hostile message.

i never saw this rule before (enemies in church)
i played a lot of videogames, i saw battles inside church many times, this is weird, what if i want to create church for peaceful roleplay map? (no, i wanted to add dome for my war map) so i created dome made out of pixels (btw there's hidden PTRD-41 inside it)

it was only an example. rule prohibiting religious content has always existed as a general blanket rule http://prntscr.com/pwkrth

other games have different rules so their lenience varies
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Return to General Discussion