Gadgets that disrupts movement. Will they shaken playstyles?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Gadgets that disrupts movement. Will they shaken playstyles?

Postby ustopable » 19 October 2019, 16:14

While watching some R6 Videos, I watched several Nomad videos where defenders lose because they weren't extra careful when there are airjab gadgets around. It will force them in positions where they can't do anything for several seconds. I was wondering how strong would be if Eric starts implementing stuffs that needs you to be, a little careful on where you stepping or where you moving. A small example would be land mines. It doesn't shake the playstyle of different players but you'll be surprised on how many dies because they weren't careful on where their stepping or landing (BF1 flashbacks).

But I was imagining bigger things. A device that when it detects a person selfboosting fires a beam that will pull down a player down with 2x gravity. A mine that when it detects a player moving in a line where this mine is pointing will fire a railgun that will deciminate an unsuspecting enemy in the line. A trap that completely immobilizes you unless you fire at it. A device similar to airjab that will blow you away. Mines that will fire you upward and more.

Mobility is pretty strong in this game as well as screen wide awareness but if a device that will make you a little careful or else you'll die. Would it shaken your playstyle assuming you take advantage of ways to boost mobility?
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Re: Gadgets that disrupts movement. Will they shaken playsty

Postby Incompetence » 19 October 2019, 16:43

keep in mind r6 has a very different gameplay style to pb2 at its core. hiding airjabs or trap gadgets in general is a major key factor in winning or losing matches and hiding gadgets like an airjab can be very easy due to the game being 3D and map design itself. in pb2 you always have visibility of such devices due to side-scrolling layout so the effectiveness of these things can instantly be reduced because they'll just get avoided and taken out if spotted just like traps in r6
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby ustopable » 19 October 2019, 17:05

I know that. That's why I specifically said in the end that we had screen wide awareness but sometimes seasoned players also falls into the obvious traps because sometimes our eyes fails to keep up and usually it happens during fast paced action where we need to respond quick to an enemy that we fail to remember or see that there is a trap in the area. Of course you will still avoid real obvious traps like a pitfall or a giant mine but no one would make it a giant mine but make it blend slightly or force an enemy to make a rash decision (Capture the Flag game mode would make this really fun but annoying at the same time) or block off flanking areas will still make good use of traps.
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Incompetence » 19 October 2019, 17:11

ustopable wrote:I know that. That's why I specifically said in the end that we had screen wide awareness but sometimes seasoned players also falls into the obvious traps because sometimes our eyes fails to keep up and usually it happens during fast paced action where we need to respond quick to an enemy that we fail to remember or see that there is a trap in the area. Of course you will still avoid real obvious traps like a pitfall or a giant mine but no one would make it a giant mine but make it blend slightly or force an enemy to make a rash decision (Capture the Flag game mode would make this really fun but annoying at the same time) or block off flanking areas will still make good use of traps.

maybe if there was a way to hide traps better so it's not obvious but still visible to more skillful players it could work in this type of game. that said, traps and other gadgets are a good idea. there's a lot of creative potential for them given the game's mechanics.
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Return to General Discussion