New Rank System for PB2?

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

New Rank System for PB2?

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 13 October 2019, 16:50

Well.. here it is.

The idea I have is to have an Single Player rank system. *Main List*

How it works? Staff approves single player maps with some different colored check mark, or look at a map for example, a Saw map meant for one player. Staff sees how long it takes to beat a map and get rewarded over and over again. Unless a cool off time can be added for like a week to not farm? The SP maps gives a large amount of EXP to reach top 20. While killing players in MP gives very little. Skill Points, that can be kept for the challengers list which in my opinion needs to be top 20 instead of 100 since it gives more value for whatever reason. I must add too, the community can vote on a SP custom map to show wether it’s worth check marking or not, parallel to geometry dash’s system.

Now add on to this, the v1.32 update made the imaginations endless in SP maps, critical thinking, thinking out the box or fun in general. add that both lists will make the activity go off the charts and see SP maps shine after being left in the dust for years.

What do you guys think, what change would you like on this idea hm?

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Re: New Rank System for PB2?

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 21 October 2019, 10:50

You guys still don’t get it. You keep making events that are completely short term which will result in the same dying player amount in just 2 days after something new happens. I’m not sure why eveyone thinks exactly the same thing which is useless. It’s the same repeated situations for the past 6 years.

Either get rid of the rank system or change it to something else. Cause there must be a reason to playing this game and conquering others with equity.

Bump? o well

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Jason Eden » 21 October 2019, 11:11

It's a good idea. But I doubt that Staff will dedicate their time to approve SP maps considering that they can't even find the time to approve a few MP ones.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby ECC9 » 21 October 2019, 13:54

nah complicated
and no one cares :D
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 21 October 2019, 14:17

ECC9 wrote:nah complicated

Which you are in other players mind.

And you are a normie that’s hive minded and just care about the game being dead, barely.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Jason Eden » 21 October 2019, 14:49

ECC9 wrote:nah complicated

I would say where you can shove that "no one cares" part in, but since I've got a second forum warning this morning (which is also an unjustified warning), I won't do that.

So, if you have nothing useful to say, can you please just not post at all? It would save your time and prevent people from posting stuff they can get banned for. And everyone would be happy. Agree?
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby mrblake213 » 21 October 2019, 16:26

Personally, I believe this idea is too complicated to be implemented and to be understood by the common playerbase of the game. I also personally don't think kids would be up to participate. This would also take much time and effort of the staff in approving and moderating the event. It's a new idea - yes. But, it isn't applicable in today's state of the game.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 21 October 2019, 16:59

What can make it more simple? Like approving one map per day [24 hours] and all players must play it to get EXP? After 24 hours the map automatically gets unapproved and another SP map gets approved. Same repetition.

Or on specific days one SP map stays open to get EXP once in the level, afterwards you can’t get anymore. These maps can be recycled if need be to preserve map space and volume.
Last edited by Star Fox McCloud on 21 October 2019, 17:10, edited 1 time in total.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby mrblake213 » 21 October 2019, 17:09

So basically, you want the staff to set a particular map per day that would give more EXP than regularly playing it?

Could be a good advertising move especially for those maps that are rarely played.
How would a map be chosen? How would players know that the particular map is being EXP boosted by the staff? Do you think players would be up to play a different map per day, or would they just stick to the ol' regular paul base? How effective do you think this event is going to be long-term?
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Jason Eden » 21 October 2019, 17:20

Can't we just approve singleplayer maps like we do with multiplayer ones? Without any "per day" events and such? Like a golden V mark next to SP map and if you play it you get more XP than playing other SP map that doesn't have such mark.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 21 October 2019, 17:24

Not talking about base maps. I’m taking about maps similar to campaign, or saws or traps. It doesn’t need to be every day if it’s stressful. One-Two maps per week is perfectly fine. Players don’t need to know details about EXP boosting. It’s the main goal, you get main EXP just from those SP maps, while approved maps grants very little per EXP. While keeping the SP points [ppp] challengers list just for MP, this created a triangle of Activity. SP maps is one big way, MP is both for EXP and [PPP] “For challengers list which is a side list”. This is the alternative version of KD system. Although.. there must be a reset of EXP to start fresh and start a race.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby ditzy » 21 October 2019, 17:39

So this is an incentive system for players to play SP maps?

I'm trying to understand how this system would work but I may be too tired to comprehend. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this what you're proposing?
  • Another leaderboard for SP maps. Ranking on this leaderboard is based on a player's EXP
  • You want SP maps to reward more EXP than MP maps - SP maps should be the main source of leveling?
  • In order for EXP to be rewarded, the SP map in question will need to be approved.
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
ditzy
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 21 October 2019, 17:48

ditzy wrote:So this is an incentive system for players to play SP maps?

I'm trying to understand how this system would work but I may be too tired to comprehend. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this what you're proposing?
  • Another leaderboard for SP maps. Ranking on this leaderboard is based on a player's EXP
  • You want SP maps to reward more EXP than MP maps - SP maps should be the main source of leveling?
  • In order for EXP to be rewarded, the SP map in question will need to be approved.

Bam you got it right! SP is the main top 20 list. This is the REAL activity list.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby ditzy » 21 October 2019, 18:02

Star Fox McCloud wrote:Bam you got it right! SP is the main top 20 list. This is the REAL activity list.

Oh okay. I don't really like the idea of shifting EXP away from MP and making it into a daily SP grind. Then you'd have to consider farming, since your proposed system relies solely on the amount of EXP a player has. I see you've made some suggestions on capping EXP gain through map rotations, but I think there would be some issue with that system as well.

Putting maps on rotation makes players play maps that gives them EXP, not maps that they enjoy. It turns the game into a bit of an EXP grind, and I don't think grindy games are much fun.
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
ditzy
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 21 October 2019, 18:34

Players won’t get EXP the second time. It’s once only and you get it once you beat the level. Also farming in MP died with kill logs. Rotation brings you out the comfort zone. Remember, MP maps that you like are an alternative to get up the list.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Jason Eden » 21 October 2019, 20:09

ditzy wrote:Putting maps on rotation makes players play maps that gives them EXP, not maps that they enjoy. It turns the game into a bit of an EXP grind, and I don't think grindy games are much fun.

Yeah, this makes sense. I guess it's a bad idea then. Sorry, Fox.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 21 October 2019, 20:12

Ehh alright Jason. The V thing, do players play the maps and the maps remain approved?

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Jason Eden » 21 October 2019, 20:20

Star Fox McCloud wrote:Ehh alright Jason. The V thing, do players play the maps and the maps remain approved?

Yep. Just like with approved MP maps. Just a golden V next to the map. Forever. Unless if it gets disapproved by Staff or edited by map owner (or someone else who has access to the map. Eric can edit your map anytime he wants).

There is a trigger, which gives you XP when you finish a singleplayer map. It works only once. You can't farm it. Just add the "approval bonus" to it (Maybe x3 or x5 XP bonus). Here how the trigger looks by the way:

-EDIT- However this will require to disable usage of this trigger in non-approved maps. Because people can simply create 20 empty maps with that trigger and farm XP a way faster than finishing 1 approved singleplayer map.

This XP thing really has to be changed. To easy to farm.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 21 October 2019, 20:28

Jason is right on the money now lol, perfect PERFECT!

I think staff need to be bigger. As in, *map operator* if that sounds cool? They focus on approving mainly SP maps based on how many players do a thumbs up on a map and how unique/challenging/ how long it takes?

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Jason Eden » 21 October 2019, 21:00

Star Fox McCloud wrote:As in, *map operator* if that sounds cool? They focus on approving mainly SP maps based on how many players do a thumbs up on a map and how unique/challenging/ how long it takes?

I don't think we need a separate Staff team just for approving SP maps. The current one can do that. But as I said earlier they can't even find time to approve MP maps and that's a 5 minute thing if you ask me. Approving 1 singleplayer map would take them long enough for PB3 to be released.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Next

Return to Website / PB2 Game