What do we want for the next update?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series.

What do we want for the next update?

Postby apotheosis00 » 12 October 2019, 21:59

What do the players of PB2 want for the next update? Post them here!

apotheosis00
Cyber Grub [25]
 
Posts: 39
Joined: 30 March 2019, 22:25

Re: What do we want for the next update?

Postby Jason Eden » 12 October 2019, 22:07

There isn't a "next update". It was the last one. At least this is what I was told.
User avatar
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]
 
Posts: 299
Joined: 8 December 2018, 14:30

Re: What do we want for the next update?

Postby mrblake213 » 12 October 2019, 23:57

Perhaps.
But there would always be something to improve inside PB2.
User avatar
mrblake213
Moderator
 
Posts: 723
Joined: 16 July 2013, 10:25
Location: Philippines

Re: What do we want for the next update?

Postby apotheosis00 » 13 October 2019, 01:40

Yes. For example, the voting system. You can't remove votes, and half the time a gang of players join the match and vote against everyone.

apotheosis00
Cyber Grub [25]
 
Posts: 39
Joined: 30 March 2019, 22:25

Re: What do we want for the next update?

Postby mrblake213 » 13 October 2019, 02:05

Umm. Votes on what?

You can already change map rates by rating the map again.

And if you're talking about in-match kicking, kicking for no reason is illegal and you can report it.
User avatar
mrblake213
Moderator
 
Posts: 723
Joined: 16 July 2013, 10:25
Location: Philippines

Re: What do we want for the next update?

Postby ST-117985 » 13 October 2019, 06:55

its now v1.32 you gotta wait for the next update
can happiness buy a dirt or a cookie
User avatar
ST-117985
Cyber Grub [25]
 
Posts: 26
Joined: 22 January 2018, 10:30
Location: very SCARCE

Re: What do we want for the next update?

Postby Jason Eden » 14 October 2019, 14:38

Honestly I have one thing in mind which I think would make PB2 even better than it is right now.

It's an "inventory update". I wish we could like press [I] while playing the map and it would open an inventory window on our screen containing all the items we are carrying right now, including guns. I mean we have custom images now, right? So why can't we attach an image to some invisible physical object with gravity, and then be able to pick it up, drop it, give it to other player, store in boxes and other places? Maybe adding a custom name and description for these objects too? And perhaps adding a "Call trigger A when item B was used" trigger action for the items to make them more useful?

I think this update would allow us to make even more amazing singleplayer maps and make the time spent in multiplayer more entertaining.
User avatar
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]
 
Posts: 299
Joined: 8 December 2018, 14:30

Re: What do we want for the next update?

Postby generaltahsin » 14 October 2019, 18:27

Jason Eden wrote:It's an "inventory update".

Shut. Just Make the damn inventory system yourself. We don't need that update, you have the trigger actions to make an inventory system already. Use them.
User avatar
generaltahsin
Recruit
 
Posts: 22
Joined: 26 March 2018, 19:37

Re: What do we want for the next update?

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 14 October 2019, 20:47

generaltahsin wrote:
Jason Eden wrote:It's an "inventory update".

Shut. Just Make the damn inventory system yourself. We don't need that update, you have the trigger actions to make an inventory system already. Use them.


@generaltahsin being rude to others is not allowed i would suggest you to be more kind.

Ontopic:It is posible right now to make an inventory system using vars but having more options in the level deitor is always nice too.
User avatar
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator
 
Posts: 543
Joined: 13 August 2013, 16:52
Location: Greece.

Re: What do we want for the next update?

Postby ECC9 » 14 October 2019, 21:45

For the next update I want new staff
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Phoenix Falkok [450]
 
Posts: 496
Joined: 9 April 2015, 17:30
Location: Europe

Re: What do we want for the next update?

Postby apotheosis00 » 25 October 2019, 23:45

The inventory system was mentioned in the other topic I made, about PB2.5. Good idea.

When I said voting, I meant in-game voting, while in a multiplayer match.

apotheosis00
Cyber Grub [25]
 
Posts: 39
Joined: 30 March 2019, 22:25

Re: What do we want for the next update?

Postby mister mayhem » 26 October 2019, 00:25

At this point I don't see Eric adding any new features to PB 2 unless 99% of it can be easily transferred to PB 2.5.

Things like the new netcode and probably custom textures were only done because most/all of the work there is applicable towards 2.5.
User avatar
mister mayhem
Cyber Grub [25]
 
Posts: 31
Joined: 6 September 2017, 05:17

Re: What do we want for the next update?

Postby daft punk 777 » 31 October 2019, 10:59

i think eric will make pb 2.5 first. and then do updates. i hope this wont like hl 3 XD I HOPE IT WILL COME!

daft punk 777
Civil Security Lite [100]
 
Posts: 131
Joined: 22 December 2016, 11:15

Re: What do we want for the next update?

Postby Darnit525 » 31 October 2019, 12:07

a list of trigger actions i'd like.

"Copy decoration 'A' to all projectiles of gun 'B', erase these copies after projectile is destroyed." (used for custom projectiles)
"Set gun 'A' projectile model to index 'B' without changing it's appearance."
"Set gun 'A' projectile HEX color to 'B'
"Set variable 'A' value to skin of character 'B'." (used for being able to change player's skin back to their chosen skin)
"Set variable 'A' value to skin of player-initiator." (used for restricting access to map areas based on player skin)
"Set variable 'A' value to skin of character with slot equal to variable 'B."
"Set gun 'A' stats to that of gun 'B'." (for replicating modguns more easily)
"Set gun 'A' stats to that of gun model 'B'." (for modguns which should act the same as a regular gun)
User avatar
Darnit525
Usurpation Soldier [50]
 
Posts: 63
Joined: 14 October 2019, 20:19

Re: What do we want for the next update?

Postby Tempus » 31 October 2019, 22:15

As far as I know, V1.32 is the last major update. I'm sure Eric will continue to add minor patches... bug fixes, etc

As far as major updates. That's it for PB2. Thus why it was removed from "Beta Stage"
User avatar
Tempus
Administrator
 
Posts: 284
Joined: 15 July 2013, 02:45
Location: United States

Re: What do we want for the next update?

Postby Resi » 3 November 2019, 20:15

I rarely play this game anymore.

Not gonna lie, I liked the new netcode, it actually made PB2 feel fun after the large drought.

The problem is, the maps are still the same... It's just stryde-sniper, so I lost interest again very quickly.

Eric said it's not possible, but what I recommended was have a map rotation for ranked/approved unranked so every single approved map has a fair chance of being played and players' skill is tested per game rather than one map.
phsc wrote:WHY ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT REALISM IN A FUTURISTIC 2D FLASH SCROLL SHOOTER THAT HAS ALIENS AND UNREALISTIC UNHOLDABLE GUNS AND REGENERATION AND MANY OTHER THINGS, LOSTMYDOLLAR/JASON EDEN PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT A REALISTIC GAME AND STOP TRYING TO TURN IT INTO ONE BECAUSE IT WONT
User avatar
Resi
Heavy Marine [900]
 
Posts: 903
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: What do we want for the next update?

Postby mrblake213 » 4 November 2019, 03:43

Resi wrote:I rarely play this game anymore.

Not gonna lie, I liked the new netcode, it actually made PB2 feel fun after the large drought.

The problem is, the maps are still the same... It's just stryde-sniper, so I lost interest again very quickly.

Eric said it's not possible, but what I recommended was have a map rotation for ranked/approved unranked so every single approved map has a fair chance of being played and players' skill is tested per game rather than one map.


Ah yes, ranked matches stayed the same because people somewhat like the maps that they're already used to.
What's actually gone better are custom maps because of the new skins, decorations (such as custom images), and vars - you can already make something innovative and fun already deviating from the usual pb2 styled maps.
I see PB2 maps turning into Roblox in the future. Lmao.
User avatar
mrblake213
Moderator
 
Posts: 723
Joined: 16 July 2013, 10:25
Location: Philippines

Re: What do we want for the next update?

Postby Resi » 4 November 2019, 04:31

mrblake213 wrote:
Resi wrote:I rarely play this game anymore.

Not gonna lie, I liked the new netcode, it actually made PB2 feel fun after the large drought.

The problem is, the maps are still the same... It's just stryde-sniper, so I lost interest again very quickly.

Eric said it's not possible, but what I recommended was have a map rotation for ranked/approved unranked so every single approved map has a fair chance of being played and players' skill is tested per game rather than one map.


Ah yes, ranked matches stayed the same because people somewhat like the maps that they're already used to.
What's actually gone better are custom maps because of the new skins, decorations (such as custom images), and vars - you can already make something innovative and fun already deviating from the usual pb2 styled maps.
I see PB2 maps turning into Roblox in the future. Lmao.


Yeah, pb2 map making can be very inovative, but I usually just see roleplay maps which are not to my liking.
phsc wrote:WHY ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT REALISM IN A FUTURISTIC 2D FLASH SCROLL SHOOTER THAT HAS ALIENS AND UNREALISTIC UNHOLDABLE GUNS AND REGENERATION AND MANY OTHER THINGS, LOSTMYDOLLAR/JASON EDEN PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT A REALISTIC GAME AND STOP TRYING TO TURN IT INTO ONE BECAUSE IT WONT
User avatar
Resi
Heavy Marine [900]
 
Posts: 903
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: What do we want for the next update?

Postby Tempus » 5 November 2019, 23:13

It actually might be possible. I've been talking to Eric to see what can be done about it. I think it's a good idea and more developers will have their maps played. We're looking into options.
User avatar
Tempus
Administrator
 
Posts: 284
Joined: 15 July 2013, 02:45
Location: United States

Re: What do we want for the next update?

Postby Resi » 5 November 2019, 23:22

Tempus wrote:It actually might be possible. I've been talking to Eric to see what can be done about it. I think it's a good idea and more developers will have their maps played. We're looking into options.


Have multiple self-hosted matches with a map rotation and have the maps last 10 or 15 minutes.
phsc wrote:WHY ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT REALISM IN A FUTURISTIC 2D FLASH SCROLL SHOOTER THAT HAS ALIENS AND UNREALISTIC UNHOLDABLE GUNS AND REGENERATION AND MANY OTHER THINGS, LOSTMYDOLLAR/JASON EDEN PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT A REALISTIC GAME AND STOP TRYING TO TURN IT INTO ONE BECAUSE IT WONT
User avatar
Resi
Heavy Marine [900]
 
Posts: 903
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot]



cron