Does the Approval Team have "full map access"?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Does the Approval Team have "full map access"?

Postby Jason Eden » 28 September 2019, 11:18

So I noticed one thing on the forum. Ditzy replied to Lance's approval topic with a screenshot of his map being opened in level editor (http://prntscr.com/pc35zv). But the thing is: his map isn't open sourced (http://prntscr.com/pc36f1). I suppose Ditzy is a part of the Approval Team. That makes sense. So I have a question about it: do members of this team (besides Eric Gurt) have so called "full map access" or "owner's access" which allows them to edit the map and save it with the ID of original map creator? Or are they only allowed to see the source and save it with their own login (like "ditzy-aqua")?

I'm asking this because I don't want random people except Eric to be able to edit my maps without my notice. It violates my privacy. Eric, in case you read this I want you to answer this question, because I don't trust anyone else.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Re: Does the Approval Team have "full map access"?

Postby mrblake213 » 28 September 2019, 13:01

The approval team has a step-by-step system on how it would "access" and "edit" the maps.
I can assure you that your map is safe and your privacy is well protected.
There will be no edits made without your approval.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Jason Eden » 28 September 2019, 13:27

mrblake213 wrote:The approval team has a step-by-step system on how it would "access" and "edit" the maps.
I can assure you that your map is safe and your privacy is well protected.
There will be no edits made without your approval.

I want a direct answer - yes or no. Can you edit maps of other users of Plazma Burst 2?
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 28 September 2019, 15:13

Shit Sherlock

First name NO.

Number 1: Tempus clearly comments on maps before they get approved. As well as rating a map before the map immediately gets approved in less than a day sometimes.

Number 2: Eric does not touch the approval section in the forum for almost a year.

Number 3: If Staff can see ALL of the objects or have everything loaded on the ALE, SURE they can make it their own ID. When they show you a map makers map in ALE.

Number 4: Doomwrath edited maps as well as KIRIAKOS who obviously worked on MAP’S own newer realwar version “Update MADE by KIRIAKOS” as the description.

Number 5: Tempus clearly rearranged the approval topics and had them reorganized mostly himself.

Number 6: Ditzy had his map edited on September 3rd and made his edit request topic on the same date. It got approved on the same date. Although he edited the map first then made the topic when it could have been reversed when he could have “wait” for Eric to approve the map. But no Ditzy showed the map changes to a staff member and it was A-Okay and got approved on the spot in meet minutes to an hour after the edit.

Number 7: Alex543-batlefield has the description “UPDATED” by Kiriakos96 Gr96, small fixes by Eric Gurt” Which means Kira touched the map himself.

Number 8: When concentrationcz-fftb needed approval again the new mod “Golden 1” needed to speak with OTHER staff / admins to see if they can get the maps approved again. Though the new mods were mainly for discord, not PB2 site itself until a little later. If they were trial, they still did not have the ability to edit maps and change map IDs. Actually I strongly believes admins are only capable of editing map ids.

Number 9: When Eric said “FULL ACCESS”, he literally means, “FULL ACCESS”.. lol

So Yes, If Blake still has to say “Yes” he can do a freepost without spending a dime below mine.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Tempus » 28 September 2019, 16:36

Thank you for your reply fox, it's mostly correct ;)

Let me bring light onto the question;

Right off the bat, we have members of the team who review maps. Everyone apart of the Approval team is allowed to view maps. We see everything in your map & will give you a request to edit / change something on your map we feel is restricting it from "Approved.

So what does this mean?

It means we wont edit your map unless we know for 100% you are inactive, left the game. If this was to happen, we could make a copy of your map (you are left with your original map) and we make changes to keep up with the ever changing ALE / Gameplay.

We cannot simply go into your map and start editing, It's not that easy. However, it is very easy to view your map if it's closed. Keep in-mind we don't change anything unless it's requested for us to make changes from a map owner. Additionally, we have logs for literally everything, I personally check them daily. Eric checks them in his sleep...

To re-cap:

We can view maps
We cannot Edit (as easy you think it is, It's actually quite a process)
We ask you the Map Owner to Edit your map or if you ask us to make changes for you
We will make copy of your map if you left the game / super inactive from it (example haven't seen you for over a year)

Here is our Privacy Policy https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?a=&s=17 Give it a read.

Your PB2 account belongs to PlazmaBurst2.com & everything you access / do here is PlazmaBurst2.com property. Do not try and say "it violates your privacy".
Tempus
Advisor

Postby Jason Eden » 28 September 2019, 17:04

Tempus wrote:Thank you for your reply fox, it's mostly correct ;)

Let me bring light onto the question;

Right off the bat, we have members of the team who review maps. Everyone apart of the Approval team is allowed to view maps. We see everything in your map & will give you a request to edit / change something on your map we feel is restricting it from "Approved.

So what does this mean?

It means we wont edit your map unless we know for 100% you are inactive, left the game. If this was to happen, we could make a copy of your map (you are left with your original map) and we make changes to keep up with the ever changing ALE / Gameplay.

We cannot simply go into your map and start editing, It's not that easy. However, it is very easy to view your map if it's closed. Keep in-mind we don't change anything unless it's requested for us to make changes from a map owner. Additionally, we have logs for literally everything, I personally check them daily. Eric checks them in his sleep...

To re-cap:

We can view maps
We cannot Edit (as easy you think it is, It's actually quite a process)
We ask you the Map Owner to Edit your map or if you ask us to make changes for you
We will make copy of your map if you left the game / super inactive from it (example haven't seen you for over a year)

Here is our Privacy Policy https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?a=&s=17 Give it a read.

Your PB2 account belongs to PlazmaBurst2.com & everything you access / do here is PlazmaBurst2.com property. Do not try and say "it violates your privacy".

No, I know you have that account called "MAP" where you make sh*tty remakes of approved maps. I know you can open a close-sourced map anytime and save it with your own ID (like take map "jason eden-map1" and save it as "tempus-map1"). I know you can do that. That's okay. That's not a problem.

What I'm worried about is can you for example open my map and save it to my account with my login (like take "jason eden-map1", do a few edits there and save it as "jason eden-map1" too)? So I wouldn't even notice that? Can you do that?

Also please don't use that "we ask permission" thing. I know you hire drug addicts to the team and give them head moderator powers. And I will never trust you or your team ever again because of that (and other reasons too of course). There is no trust and there won't be any trust in future. Not with you in charge. So when I asked my question I did not want to listen those "we are good guys, there are logs, we won't do anything to your map without your permission". All I wanted to know is if you have a tool to edit the map without changing the original ID. And there is only yes or no answer. Why do you make me read walls of text when you could just say "yes" or "no"?

Also, I understand that my account is a property of Plazma Burst 2. I can take that. But it's not YOUR property, Tempus.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby Tempus » 28 September 2019, 19:11

You're wasting your own time. Don't make me your problem. If you have issues with the staff team, that's on you not on me. If you want do further discuss issues you have with the PB2 team, feel free to contact me Avelade

Don't waste my time.

On a side note;

"Also please don't use that "we ask permission" thing. I know you hire drug addicts to the team and give them head moderator powers. And I will never trust you or your team ever again because of that"

I'm curious on how that effected you? I never promoted anyone to HM. But let just make that clear.

"and other reasons too of course). There is no trust and there won't be any trust in future. Not with you in charge"

Other reasons? and what does it have to do with me being in-charge?

Do let me know.
Tempus
Advisor

Return to General Discussion