Lack of creativity in maps.

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Re: Lack of creativity in maps.

Postby Ayano » 17 November 2018, 14:23

There are some people who can copy the map just by being in the map itself
So even without viewing the map layout, it still can be copied either way

Plus I don't think there was any approved map which was originally copied?
Ayano
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby artichokecat » 18 November 2018, 06:02

Ayano wrote:
Plus I don't think there was any approved map which was originally copied?

There is. And it's approved. And I made it. But it's bad and unplayed.
artichokecat
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby 49er » 20 November 2018, 00:06

In the normal distribution of of # of maps vs quality, the extraneous exceptional maps owe their status only ostensibly due to the creativity put into them. Actually it's the lackluster thousand they stand against and the stratifying tendency of time and culture that has a hand on them, in other words the position they're thrown into on the inevitable bell curve, a mathematical law of all media. The perennial map isn't remembered because of the creativity put into it but because of the indecipherable random factor and the coherency no one knew it had until years later. There's no formula for creating the great map. Being creative isn't good enough. The problem of lack of creativity which is always in short supply is not really a problem at all. You're describing a normal distribution of quality of things.
49er
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby raevani » 17 April 2021, 15:07

Am here on behalf of myself Raevani and about (raevani-rocket), I honestly never copied Nyove's map with the intention of gaining fame or even because I had a lack of ideas. Around the time I copied Nyove's rocket map, his map was on the verge of being unplayable (Air spawns, spawning outside of play area, laggy and just not fun to play).

I now being a big fan of Nyove tried asking him to update map because I loved it so much and I didn't want to see the map die, after no response from him I copied his map (it was open sourced*) and I proceeded to make upgrades* to the best of my ability to make it playable again. I then used the map just to play with my friends where we could enjoy the map as I think it should of been. however not long after I was receiving thanks from the whole community for what I did and that's the story of how that map came about to be.

I know you weren't attacking me directly but just wanted to speak on it.

As for the lack of creativity within the pb2 map making community I think we have just come to a point where there is just not much you can really do in ale. new changes and additions recently have spiked creativity again which I think is good. How ever there is a few limitations, map size and how much stuff you can add to a map before it is too laggy is one of those secondly we in the map making community the generally makes maps that revolves around our fictional PB world (Base maps and fighting maps) asides from that we have skill maps (saws, parkours self boost maps etc.)
raevani
Recruit

Previous

Return to General Discussion