Last days of Plazma Burst Community?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Last days of Plazma Burst Community?

Postby Lance Ryder Wilson » 27 August 2018, 19:08

Greetings!

Plazma Burst Community seems to be dying. If we don't take action it might die. Eric Gurt will release PB2.5/3 around 2023 or later that time. Eric will take a huge amount of time, because he is working exceptionally hard. By 2021 I don't think it will be a thing. We need to save PB2 some how.

Is there a way to safe it?
Yes.

Here are the ways that can safe Plazma Burst 2 Community :

⦿ Advertising:
Advertising can be a good way to help Plazma Burst 2 to grow.

Where to advertise?

• Tell your friends about the game in school or some other friends.
• Tell People about the game on Discord or on any other program.
• Advertise on Social Media.
• Spam the link to the game on famous videos

⦿ Bring famous streamers here:
I would like to say bring famous streamers to the game.

That can save the Plazma Burst Community.

Discuss about it saving PB2 here.
Last edited by Lance Ryder Wilson on 28 August 2018, 04:21, edited 1 time in total.

Lance Ryder Wilson
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: Last days of Plazma Burst Community?

Postby phsc » 27 August 2018, 19:50

why not just let it die already
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby ChazBurger » 27 August 2018, 19:53

b-but i don't wanna go to fortnite

You're welcome.
ChazBurger
Recruit

Postby superfrank1004 » 28 August 2018, 02:00

Theres really no point in advertising pb2 at all when it already recieved bad "sponserships" in the past. Even making videos about it, sharing the game to other simple gaming websites, approving maps, or even have Eric get a patreon woulden't influence the game activity as it used to be, so might aswell just give up trying to make the game better and move on to other games like the rest.

superfrank1004
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Druddigon » 28 August 2018, 02:08

to be honest, i don't think advertising would do much. it could just increase the amount of toxic people in the fandom.

as well, with the streaming idea, pb2 has a max room cap of 16 players, which can be rather troubling in some situations.

i'd rather just wait for plazma burst 2.5.

i mean, there are some fangames of pb2 going around, with Konquer and eru__, even if one of them is rather unpolished, and the other is in the beginning of development. i don't think the fandom would die that easily.
Druddigon
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Kostadin 8 » 28 August 2018, 05:57

let it die. seriously. stop trying to revive it.
Kostadin 8
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby GZ55 » 28 August 2018, 06:13

1) Leave the game.
2) Let the Plazma Burst series die.
3) Don't think about the future instalments. You'll be too old for web games when it releases, either way.

GZ55
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby mister mayhem » 28 August 2018, 06:47

Most of us are just hibernating in wait of PB2.5's release. Doesn't matter if PB2 is dead by then, PB2.5's success lies upon the fact the game is quite niche, there isn't too many 2D side scrolling multiplayer shooters out there, plus it's loyal fanbase. Many of us here would gladly wait for Eric to polish the game into a gem.

The only way PB2.5 could fail is if it turns out to be horrible ( gameplay, performance, etc. take your pick ), the game gets delayed into oblivion (where us fans are like 60-70 yrs old and have forgotten about the game), or another game similar to the PB series steals the spotlight.

Anyways calling it "the last days of Plazma Burst" is a bit overly dramatic, the discord is still quite active, the forum gets regular postings as well, and the game hovers around a stable, although low, playerbase. In the worst case, I reckon the community to be active for at least another 2 years. ( like no updates to the game, nor progress on PB2.5) Heck, some people may stick around just for the community here.
mister mayhem
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Ignas Jazbutis » 28 August 2018, 10:23

kostadin that means all the clans will die out in pb2. that includes BoZ btw.
Ignas Jazbutis
Recruit

Postby phsc » 28 August 2018, 21:27

mister mayhem wrote:Most of us are just hibernating in wait of PB2.5's release. Doesn't matter if PB2 is dead by then, PB2.5's success lies upon the fact the game is quite niche, there isn't too many 2D side scrolling multiplayer shooters out there, plus it's loyal fanbase. Many of us here would gladly wait for Eric to polish the game into a gem.

The only way PB2.5 could fail is if it turns out to be horrible ( gameplay, performance, etc. take your pick ), the game gets delayed into oblivion (where us fans are like 60-70 yrs old and have forgotten about the game), or another game similar to the PB series steals the spotlight.

Anyways calling it "the last days of Plazma Burst" is a bit overly dramatic, the discord is still quite active, the forum gets regular postings as well, and the game hovers around a stable, although low, playerbase. In the worst case, I reckon the community to be active for at least another 2 years. ( like no updates to the game, nor progress on PB2.5) Heck, some people may stick around just for the community here.

pb2.5 is going to die a few months after it releases unless it somehow gets popularity, which can be done by putting it in steam and... steam, right, steam
but if pb2 is dead by then, how are we get to know pb2.5 is released? theres many pb2 players who would come back for 2.5, but they have no idea that it is a thing, maybe even for a week, but still, the nostalgia factor would already be good enought to maybe bring they back?
anyway, this game is for kids, and by kids i mean... not exactly only kids but kinda young people, im not even that old and i have some fun with the lvl dev, but really none playing unless im with like 7 friends but like anything can be fun with 7 people, and in pb2s case its kinda weird sometimes as its not even fun
yeah, pb2 is kinda like niche, that is a great thing id say, if eric adds lootboxes or skins to 2.5 like i said in that russian lord tachanka post thing it would be great for him and in a general way for the game, aim for something like dota 2/cs go, which are really great games, popular, but still somehow kinda niche, mostly dota, but then, with the focus for kids, as if anyone older than like 15 finds this game and plays it prob wont have fun, ppl that are older than that have fun beucase theyve played it a lot
but pb2s current playerbase isnt loyal, i mean, how many people actually play the game? its just a bunch of people that come and go really fast rn, like in the past, but theyre staying for less time id say, of course some will stay for years, but thats just the "elite" of the community

also i cant imagine a 25 year old playing pb2 for like more than a month, not like its not fun but, it takes time to make a great map, and skill in it is all about playing too, not about understanding complex mechanics, if it delays like 5 years for 2.5 it might happen to some people

but anyway, id say the game is dead, not like 100% dead, but lets use dota 1 as an example, nobody deliciously exquisite pizza sauce plays it, its a dead game, but theres some 45 year olds who have like 20k games who still play it, and these people are the 2011-2013 elite, the actual 2011-2013 players, as most people lie about it

anyway in 2 years the community is going to be even smaller, until a day the server shuts down or like new computers cant run flash or smth
anyway, thats why im kinda active, i want to have as much memory of it, i mean, its my childhood, its not like a swing i can go back and look to it destroyed, its a website, which in like 40 years i wont be able to look at, and that is really sad
and i kinda dont want new people to get in the game too, theyre going to really get into it and not have as much fun out of it when they realize the servers just died some random day
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby lostmydollar » 30 August 2018, 16:24

if you really wish to help pb2, collect cash and send it to Eric so he would start buying ads

seriously, none of my friends know what the f* is plazma burst. that's the problem. pb2 is the greatest flash game ever created. the problem is that nobody knows about its existence
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby GZ55 » 30 August 2018, 16:59

You have to be aware of the fact that this entire behemoth of a game (!) was merely an experiment by Eric Gurt. He did not intend to acquire any revenue for it: it's likely eating up a part of his finances as we speak, either through server upkeep or through the less hours he works at his job in order to work on his personal projects. (Salaries in Ukraine are dismal, take my word for it.)

It's very likely he has no motivation to make the Plazma Burst series his "cash cow", nor actually continue it through Plazma Burst 3, because it's been a part of his mind for too long. It's been almost a decade since the first instalment (PB1) was released, so... wouldn't y'all get tired or something. I don't know.

GZ55
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Tortoise » 31 August 2018, 17:38

Its been "Last days of Plazma Burst Community" for like 3 years now. There isn't really anything to be done so lets all play some motha flippin fortnite already.
https://youtu.be/0c1u5zspRzA
Tortoise
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Kostadin 8 » 1 September 2018, 01:16

Tortoise wrote:Its been "Last days of Plazma Burst Community" for like 3 years now. There isn't really anything to be done so lets all play some motha flippin fortnite already.

both (pb2 and fortnite) are garbage games in fact
Kostadin 8
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby sbilko » 1 September 2018, 20:50

Who cares about 2023? xD
Who will wait until then when this game is almost 8 years old already?

"Eric will take a huge amount of time, because he is working exceptionally hard."

xDD :P Not to criticize Eric, but your logic instead: either someone is working exceptionally hard and gets it done fast, or they don't and so they take a huge amount of time.

"Advertising can be a good way to help Plazma Burst 2 to grow."

It sounds like an attempt to spread some religion. xDD The sort of: "go forth and multiply", "thou shall kill" and "if thy kill 100.000 infidels, thou shall to go to XeavenH". :P

The PB2 god threw horrible bolts of inactivity upon our maps, flooded thousands of happy clan families with a tsunami of toxicity, damned us with the loss of the best map-makers. He only taught us to kill and kill and kill, and even rewarded us for killing our brothers!

O mighty god of PB2! Seek death in other corners! Leave us alone and at peace! Will this bloodbath ever end?

Abandon him just like he abandoned us. Turn your back to his religion just like he turned his back on us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFFxiPegAE0&app=desktop

This will never end cause he always wants more! :P

sbilko
Recruit

Postby Lance Ryder Wilson » 26 September 2018, 22:49

sbilko wrote:Who cares about 2023? xD
Who will wait until then when this game is almost 8 years old already?

"Eric will take a huge amount of time, because he is working exceptionally hard."

xDD :P Not to criticize Eric, but your logic instead: either someone is working exceptionally hard and gets it done fast, or they don't and so they take a huge amount of time.

"Advertising can be a good way to help Plazma Burst 2 to grow."

It sounds like an attempt to spread some religion. xDD The sort of: "go forth and multiply", "thou shall kill" and "if thy kill 100.000 infidels, thou shall to go to XeavenH". :P

The PB2 god threw horrible bolts of inactivity upon our maps, flooded thousands of happy clan families with a tsunami of toxicity, damned us with the loss of the best map-makers. He only taught us to kill and kill and kill, and even rewarded us for killing our brothers!

O mighty god of PB2! Seek death in other corners! Leave us alone and at peace! Will this bloodbath ever end?

Abandon him just like he abandoned us. Turn your back to his religion just like he turned his back on us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFFxiPegAE0&app=desktop

This will never end cause he always wants more! :P

No one asked you for your cancerous opinion. Don't destroy brain cells here. You are far worse than Hikarikaze.

Lance Ryder Wilson
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Incompetence » 27 September 2018, 01:33

Lance Ryder Wilson wrote:I would like to say bring famous streamers to the game.

famous streamers won't care about this game. flash games have fallen out of style and they'd rather play more interesting games that are along the lines of AAA quality.

the most streamed games are typically those with large followings or AAA games in general (CSGO and league are probably considered AAA at this point). flash games in general and pb2 specifically can't realistically co-exist among these games on the same level when it comes to streaming; it's a small niche on its own. put this with an audience who'd rather see their favorite streamer play a game that's popular and relevant instead of some obscurely known game, specifically a flash game of all things; streamers need/want to make money too and there's no better way to secure one than playing the hottest games around that people want to see (alongside other things but that's besides the point)
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby phsc » 27 September 2018, 02:02

guys calm down its all under control
when pb2.5 comes, ill activate my secret plan with all the high tier members of dark clan (look at my signature) and we will ressurect this game
part 1 of the ULTRA MEGA SECRET PLAN
1 DARK CLAN IS THE BIGGEST CLAN OF PB2, as we are big, we are not small, game = alive
2 for real the game might be kinda active for a while but people will leave because theyre not 10 year olds anymore and the 10 year olds are watching logan paul and ninja, so we will recruit the old pb2 legends that are prob in their 20s to dark clan, the neo-anarchism will take pb2.5 over
3 we will make eric gurt give us the game kinda like francese revolution style, then we will decapitate him and we will ressurect pb2 into true communism

BUT FOR REAL
the game is dead, the current community is kinda nice, keep playing it if you like it, the level editor is amazing and the game as a lot of potential and well, and it gets kinda frequent updates rn

tldr: its all planned guys
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby 49er » 27 September 2018, 20:23

I don't know any browser game that approaches the customization depth of PB2. Seriously there is not really a limit to what you can do with this simple browser game. The userbase has already flatlined as far as I can tell; if it wasn't dead in 2016 (seriously the servers are still at 2016 levels of traffic) then it isn't going to die on its own from lack of interest of the few people who still play it. The people who still play it at this point are here to stay - that includes 2.5 by extension. Flash getting killed off is the real threat to this game. I hope Eric will transfigure the game into a different webmode, otherwise it doesn't have a future as a browser game. There is also the cost of keeping the servers running which at any point could prove too much a burden to bear, but since traffic hasn't declined dramatically since the flatline after 2016 or so, I don't see any indication for concern there.
49er
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to General Discussion