What if Fergus Took Over Pb2?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Re: What if Fergus Took Over Pb2?

Postby darkstar 1 » 9 February 2018, 07:48

I don't think that'd be a good idea, Fergus's games are too simplistic if you ask me, he isn't skilled enough to take over pb2/2.5 (yet).

If I'm not mistaken he was also banned several times before

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby jeff the hacker » 9 February 2018, 10:04

i'd say fergus and eric should work together so we will get our "16% developement" faster
im an alien inside

jeff the hacker
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Eric Gurt » 10 February 2018, 00:47

Fergus is quite young. Also I don't feel like he sees what Plazma Burst series both visually and technically are at this moment. He is practicing his programming skills using PB2 assets and I guess it is fine. He could give his project name that does not contain "Plazma Burst" in it, but I guess nobody would find his videos else way. It is fine as long it is non-commercial project.

As for VoiD developer, I'll be more than happy to give a shotout for his more of independent games. The direction he is taking Plazma Burst series is not what I would want especially when version looks like original version and not a modification of Plazma Burst 2 to so many players.

I feel like I'm responsible for Plazma Burst series and I don't know why other developers would want to do exact thing I do instead of, for example, creating their own games from scratch. Instead they just end up modifying few years of my work and adding their name on top of few 5 minute visual corrections? I personally just find it not right. At least having a short conversation with me on modification could possibly be enough (and it was in other cases).
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby Wardemption » 10 February 2018, 12:15

Fergus Sayadi? Because oh no..
Freedom's from, not to.
Wardemption
Falkok [250]

Postby TerminatorRex » 10 February 2018, 21:05

Eric Gurt wrote:I feel like I'm responsible for Plazma Burst series

Enjoy working on this game for the rest of your life

-
i dont sugar coat my words but really now? lol.
artstation.com/seedee
TerminatorRex
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby GhostX5 » 15 February 2018, 11:52

I recognize that dude. But apparently, I disagree for him taking over the game. I understand what Eric have said, but even darkstar 1 mentioned him being banned several times. By the way, I managed to meet him in a multiplayer map before, as I was a Game Master. I've seen some of his videos that included games that looked exactly like Plazma Burst 2, but there are 3D graphics on such things. But I don't happen to like some of it. It looks neat, but not as much as I would think.

As I would consider, some users on YouTube saw his vids that has the thing what I exactly meant, and some even asked for a DLC link so that they would play it. I am certainly disappointed that some people are moving away and going to a pretty much 'altered' version of the game, which is based off from Eric Gurt's actual game.

I know making games takes a lot of time, even updates and news for a new game. Although I still haven't received any news about PB2.5 recently, Eric still takes his time to create the game. Even though it's gonna take another 2 years for him to get to release the new game. I wouldn't bother to abandon the game since this is like a real deal to me since I've started playing PB Series, including FTTP, and PB2 is certainly the best 2D games I've ever played, same with SFH 2 & Raze 2.

As for Fergus working with Eric Gurt together, I disagree with this. If I know myself, making games isn't really that simple, and how Fergus made some games is simplistic, like what darkstar 1 have said. But for Eric, how he made games is very complex. He is pretty much a lone developer for me at least.
United Special Operations ~:~ RYZE-138 aka Ghost-138 ~:~ Leader of Alpha Team ~:~ Master Chief Petty Officer
Keep Moving Forward.
GhostX5
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby eru_ » 29 June 2018, 21:40

Yo boyz :) i really apreciete it to see people talk about me espesially eric

I'm not working with eric on pb 2.5 , i might took some features from eric and poot it in PBV or mods or maybe eric took some ideas from void and put it in pb for exemple the punch mod and the ak-47 (av-135) but i find this as a pleasure and also i though about this before , this dosn"t matter

The VoiD version is pretty creative but stealing other projects in my religion is haram (illegal) i didn't know about this so i regret , well my opoligies eric , also thj and VoiD and basliix are doing the same as mine

Also i'm programing Plazma Warfare and Pixel Plazma , thoose are simulators of pb2 , they sucks little but still proud of them , infact i'm working with Zoxter games , my dear friends santy and albertho and i'm giving them help undirectly

btw eric i'm wondering why u allways block me ? since fergus225 no rvalid reson to block me
well after twitter block i will no longer PM because i'm scared from blocking again
eru_
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby chrose » 30 June 2018, 18:56

This entire topic is inane. Why should he give the franchise to this person just because he knows how to write some code?

Eric doesn't owe a PB2.5 to the playerbase. AFAIK it's his hobby project and not work. Whether he releases the game before the playerbase loses interest in it is up to him.

and we should all be grateful for the progress from 16% to 20%
chrose
RtD Enthusiast

Return to General Discussion