How do you think the new update will play out?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

How do you think the new update will play out?

Postby wreak » 4 February 2018, 05:53

Another post about some guy trying to start a topic about every new update.

With the title said, how do you think the new guns/skins will affect maps. Do you think current maps will add these new guns and skins or do you think newer maps will be made with these updates and rise to the top.

I think this update will be different then how the combat rifle and starfire update played out. Since those 2 weren't major updates, current popular maps either added those updates or simply ignored it. If your maps don't have these new guns, skins and decors then I think your maps won't be as popular considering how major this update might be. I wouldn't be surprised if map makers are making maps ahead of time so when the new update comes out, they have places to add on this new update.

However with this being said, not all guns will have same treatment, I believe some guns like the laser rifle heater will be used a lot more then the little bastard. In other cases, the new guns will replace old guns currently in pb2. The RPG is likely to replace the rocket launcher CS for an example (considering that maps will be updated). Lastly, there will probably be maps with only one type of gun which will be one of the new guns in the game.

The decors are likely to make an impact on how maps look. I am sure the machine decor will be used a lot as new maps are made. The lamp decor is definitely going to be used more than the actual lamp based on how.

But tell me what you think; to sum it up quick, I think the new update will make newer maps have a chance of replacing older more famous maps.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Re: How do you think the new update will play out?

Postby AI Robot » 4 February 2018, 08:17

I think it will really have not much of an effect, most of them are just re skins of some other weapon, and recycling old sounds.
Spoiler: Show More
You thought you were going to see something here?
AI Robot
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Classical » 4 February 2018, 09:23

Tbh the Models i tried to insert like the update gun into a (cancelled) map i tried to put in didnt work, so im not sure if thats gonna get fixed.
Go Add me On Discord: ClassicalReborn#1671
Add me on Xbox Aswell: zydontherecon

"Its Time to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum, And im All out Of Gum"
Classical
Recruit

Postby Hikarikaze » 4 February 2018, 10:38

Classical wrote:Tbh the Models i tried to insert like the update gun into a (cancelled) map i tried to put in didnt work, so im not sure if thats gonna get fixed.

The new content isn't in the current version of the game, which is why it won't show. There's a testing/experimental version where you can see all of the new stuff: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&exper ... t-testtest
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby stormforce » 4 February 2018, 22:22

I really like the weapons. They add a lot more variety to the game and are very cool. This made me want to play the game again.
hi

stormforce
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Hikarikaze » 4 February 2018, 22:43

stormforce wrote:I really like the weapons. They add a lot more variety to the game and are very cool. This made me want to play the game again.

In terms of aesthetics, the weapons add a lot of variety but there's only a few that truly add complete variety in terms of gameplay. Hopefully more fan content drops become a thing later on

Anyways I expect laser tag maps to be a trend now that laser rifles are a thing.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Cemetery John » 5 February 2018, 06:56

I estimate that the weapons will do good for the game. People who had no idea this update was coming are going to be taken by surprise when a bunch of new maps start cropping up with all sorts of new kit. The only question is, are they enough to topple stryde-sniper?

Cemetery John
Recruit

Postby acepilotarg » 5 February 2018, 14:19

When will the update be launched?

acepilotarg

Postby wreak » 6 February 2018, 00:02

Cemetery John wrote:I estimate that the weapons will do good for the game. People who had no idea this update was coming are going to be taken by surprise when a bunch of new maps start cropping up with all sorts of new kit. The only question is, are they enough to topple stryde-sniper?

I'm not too sure, stryde is a very popular map so I doubt it will affect approved maps but I know this will completely change unapproved maps.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Cemetery John » 6 February 2018, 05:00

wreak wrote:
Cemetery John wrote:I estimate that the weapons will do good for the game. People who had no idea this update was coming are going to be taken by surprise when a bunch of new maps start cropping up with all sorts of new kit. The only question is, are they enough to topple stryde-sniper?

I'm not too sure, stryde is a very popular map so I doubt it will affect approved maps but I know this will completely change unapproved maps.

You're probably right. I don't think any of the new guns bar the laser rifle will be as popular as the sniper rifle was when it was added. It also depends on whether any maps that contain new guns get approved, and how quickly they end up approved.

I'm sure all the base and gunshop map designers will have to update their gun rooms rather hastily to keep up with demand.
画像が微妙に合っていると思うのは自分だけ

Cemetery John
Recruit

Return to General Discussion