Heavy Railgun useless weapon?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Heavy Railgun useless weapon?

Postby ustopable » 28 January 2018, 08:25

The gun seems to be the most useless weapon in the game apart from Alien Pistols. Heavy Railgun in single player really makes your blood boil because of its one shot capability but the reload compensates it for his Massive Damage but in multiplayer it got outclassed quickly by Lite Railgun and Sniper Rifle. I still remember the time when I got the Heavy Railgun from proxy. Deals atleast 1100 damage which is an absolute beast for a weapon but when you got to use it to multiplayer. The gun will never see sunlight again.

So what made it a bad weapon in multiplayer? First it has a slow reload like.... CS BNG and im pretty sure it doesn’t reload when holstered. Second its damage doesn’t even matter in multiplayer. Think about it 130-150 health is enough for a Lite Railgun or Sniper to kill an enemy in one shot and Assault Rifle could kill you about.... 6-8 shots maybe while Heavy Railgun while it can dish out massive damage got outclassed quickly by weapons in his tier. Third is very situational but lagging makes this weapon worse of its kind. Whats worse is that fire it in a wrong angle could kill you using your own weapon by meanof ricochet. Lastly if you missed a single shot of this baby and you’re open during these seconds without considering your other weapons.

So what does it brings in the table? First it is the most easiest weapon to ricochet since most of the time it ricochet. Second it has a big oh damage. Third like his brother, lite railgun its bullet travel really fast. Other than that it doesn’t give you an advantage in combat.

Lets look. If i got a heavy railgun and a rifle ill switch to heavy railgun, fire it once hoping it could hit an enemy and never use it again. If you see a sniper Rifle or a lite railgun in the floor, you have the biggest chance to throw the heavy railgun and switch to lite railgun or sniper rifle Yippee Kiyay. Wait is there a map with Heavyrailgun? Aslang fight for the base contains one

Is it the fate of this weapon to be slightly good in singleplayer but worse in multiplayer?

Want some trivia?
Did you know that before update railguns could absolutely destroy Plasmabloom Bullets in a single shot while CS BNG needs 2 shot to explode. Its not the best game breaking bug since you won’t waste railgun to fire to bullets anyways. It was removed sadly.
Got killed by a player with a railgun? Hide in the water. Why? Since Railgun even with its instant travel time slows down in water, making it easier to dodge.
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Re: Heavy Railgun useless weapon?

Postby unknown 1 » 28 January 2018, 10:12

I tend to disagree. First of all where did you get that the heavy railgun can deal 1100 damage in singleplayer? Last time I checked it did 550 damage on level 3 on a headshot excluding knockback damage. In multiplayer it does 440 damage on a headshot. Second of all, the heavy railgun actually does reload while it is holstered, which makes it actually the only slot 4 weapon which reloads while holstered. This gives it a massive advantage over the sniper rifle and to a lesser amount an advantage over the lite railgun. Third of all it's huge damage isn't useless. You see the lite railgun and sniper CAN one shot a player. But the heavy railgun willl ALWAYS one shot a player (unless it's a richochet shot). The lite railgun deals 100 damage to the body, 220 on a headshot, 140 to the legs and only 80 to the arms. That means if your enemy has 130 health, then the lite railgun will only one shot him on a headshot or to the legs (roughly 50% chance of a one shot kill). If your enemy has 150 health, than only a headshot can secure a one shot kill (roughly 25% chance of a one shot kill). The sniper deals 125 damage to the body, 275 on a headshot, 175 to the legs and only 100 to the arms. This means that you can only one shot a player with 130 or 150 health if you headshot him or hit his legs (roughly 50% chance of a one shot kill). The heavy railgun deals 200 damage to the body, 440 on a headshot, 280 to the legs and 160 to the arms. This means that on aproved maps it is a 100% one shot weapon if you have 130 or 150 health, which are by far the most common health values in aproved maps. This is why some people use it over the railgun and sniper. You probably know how annoying it is when you hit someone with the lite railgun or sniper and they survive the shot and then shoot back at you with some assault rifle and kill you. Yes, the heavy railgun is affected by lag quite a bit, but still less then the sniper rifle. And actually there are quite a lot of aproved maps which have the heavy railgun - not as a main weapon but as a rare, pickable gun. Also, noone will hide in some water pit just because they are afraid of a railgun. Considering, that it reloads while holstered and is a 100% chance one shot weapon, it makes up for it's slow reload and mediocre accuracy. In fact I think it's a more effective weapon then the sniper and arguaby even the lite railgun. You just have to know how to use it. In a map where there are only heavy weapons just fire the heavy railgun, (and hope that lag won't be harsh on you and will register the hit) switch to swords (the railgun will reload automatically), go for melee while the other person reloads or just run away. In a map where there are also a lot of automatic weapons, use the heavy railgun as a situational weapon and as soon as you see an enemy fire the railgun at them, then switch to a high dps weapon. If you hit them with the first shot then they will die immeadietly, and if you missed then you will kill them with the high dps weapon anyways. So, no, the heavy railgun isn't an useless weapon, it's far from it. Wait, why did i just waste like 15 minutes of my life writing this?

unknown 1
Recruit

Postby Max teabag » 31 January 2018, 21:43

Guns don't have to be balanced.

It's fairly effective in comparison to swords... in maps that only allows you to use heavy railgun.

The gun recharges while you're using other weapons ... lite railgun and sniper does not.
Max Teabag
Max teabag
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Master Cook » 1 February 2018, 09:33

It's good for a last-stand weapon in a tight corner - spare you enough time to grab another weapon and mow the person down
Master Cook

Postby Ayano » 1 February 2018, 09:56

I actually prefer the heavy Railgun over the light Railgun lel.
Just like what Max Teabag said
With the Heavy Railgun, it can still recharge even if your not using it.
You can simply just use swords along with it for mobility and switch back the to railgun when a charge is ready.
Or you can spray at an enemy with a Automatic weapon then followed by a quick switch to the railgun to deal more damage in a short amount of time.
If the enemy has a bit of health remaining after getting hit by the rail they would most likely be pushed back due to the force of the Rail/Bolt giving a bit of space for breathing time.
All you need is to be creative with the weapon, or any weapon that is.
Ayano
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Sniper J » 1 February 2018, 23:47

It's meant to deal a lot of damage, since it's a larger and more powerful version of the lite railgun. I've never had a problem with the gun, as it doesn't show up in a lot of maps nowadays anyways.

Sniper J
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby 49er » 3 February 2018, 04:53

The reason the weapon is actually useful in multiplayer is simple: it reloads when holstered. The sniper and the lite railgun don't.

The heavy railgun is fantastic as long as you have a rifle or a shotgun with you; it takes less than a second to fire and switch back, and you have a one shot kill that regenerates every five seconds or so. Also it can penetrate bodies so you can kill multiple people.

The only real downside is the lag issue.
49er
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby JayaRaya » 3 February 2018, 13:40

Max teabag wrote:The gun recharges while you're using other weapons ... lite railgun and sniper does not.

The only explaination why CS - Heavy Railgun is my favourite gun. I could switch guns easily between the Heavy Railgun & BNG (when it's recharging...) with assault rifles / shotguns & switch it back. The result : Many kill points for me :D
"Always repent and rectify any mistakes that you have been done."

Spoiler: Show More
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OMD_LSELAM
JayaRaya
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby ustopable » 8 February 2018, 13:02

Thank you for your honest opinions. As you can see I fail to see the advantage of Heavy railgun to lite railgun while I still get kills using heavy railgun while the gun could still kill myself whenever i’m using the gun in 0 degree arc. That’s for me other than that Heavy Railgun is good but for some reason the reload speed of Lite Railgun made me prefer it over Heavy Railgun.
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Return to General Discussion