[Suggestion] Ray Rifles should be non-approvable

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

[Suggestion] Ray Rifles should be non-approvable

Postby Aervec_ » 21 December 2017, 01:07

I believe that the Ray Rifle should not be available to approved maps. They are incredibly spam-driven and do not promote actual skill whatsoever. Maps such as stryde-rg only consist of people spamming the rayrifle at each other. All maps that have the weapon in them should have approval revoked.

What do you think of my suggestion? Should it be taken into consideration or even put into effect?
Aervec_
Recruit

Re: [Suggestion] Ray Rifles should be non-approvable

Postby Stryde » 22 December 2017, 00:28

Let's not stop here. I can spray any assault rifle, any pistol, any shotgun, any railgun, any rocket launcher, any defibrillator, any raygun, any plasmagun.

oh man oh man oh man this is a serious issueeee
what must we do
we must unapprove every pb2 map
can we?
im not sure
we must to be fair
lets unapprove every pb2 map that has a fuking gun in it, cause every gun is spammable
shit man this is gamechanging
pb2 will forever be changed for the better

Stryde

Postby lpzimm » 22 December 2017, 01:04

Honestly, I think that's a good idea. The rayrifle isn't super fun or satisfying, just accurate and damaging.

Stryde wrote:Let's not stop here. I can spray any assault rifle, any pistol, any shotgun, any railgun, any rocket launcher, any defibrillator, any raygun, any plasmagun.

oh man oh man oh man this is a serious issueeee
what must we do
we must unapprove every pb2 map
can we?
im not sure
we must to be fair
lets unapprove every pb2 map that has a fuking gun in it, cause every gun is spammable
shit man this is gamechanging
pb2 will forever be changed for the better

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_slope
Just because he mentioned your map doesn't make his suggestion bunk. He's more or less right, anyways.
lpzimm
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Stryde » 22 December 2017, 02:16

lpzimm wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_slope
Just because he mentioned your map doesn't make his suggestion bunk. He's more or less right, anyways.

1) my post is sarcastic
2) i literally don't give a fuk if he mentioned my map or anyone elses map in his topic, you dink
3) if we're being accurate, this section is for unapproving maps, not unapproving guns in maps
4) if we're being super accurate, not even right format, lock the topic

5) i dont think you understand what a slippery slope is
the first claim: ray rifles are spammable, unapprove maps with them
my claim: every gun is spammable (by holding down mouse on game and gun auto-fires), only fair to unapprove every map with a gun
if eric was to unapprove every map, then this would be, indeed, a slippery slope
since eric wont unapprove every map, this is not a slippery slope

a triggers b
b triggers c
c triggers z

Stryde

Postby lostmydollar » 22 December 2017, 02:19

The real problem is shitty maps. I believe i already said that. Not the guns
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby Hikarikaze » 22 December 2017, 02:29

I blame the game engine personally for not having a limit on ammunition first then mapmakers second. I like the ray rifle but most maps that feature it are generally designed to reinforce the spamshooting tactic, e.g having open areas for one. It's good for CQC but there's not much maps that like to focus on this as much as they focus on facilitating ease of getting kills (because if people can't get kills, the map isn't "good" gameplay wise as that argument goes).

The ray rifle's good for racking up kills but map designs make it all the more possible to do so, i.e the design influences how easy it is to get kills. The infinite ammunition gimmick just gives a base and reason to go forth with making open map designs; open map designs and less interrupted sightlines give plenty of reason to spam the weapon consequently. It's a low risk, high reward relationship.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Krutz » 22 December 2017, 05:13

ray rifle is one of the weapons that require the least amount of skill to be successful with

it has ridiculous dps and, like hikarikaze said, its not limited by anything because pb2 is rather undeveloped in its weaponry system for competitive gameplay

so ye its the games fault that guns are shallow in identity/weaknesses i suppose, and its the map maker's "fault" if he includes the weapon in his map

for example, the ray rifle in pb2.5 could be balanced by keeping its fire rate, having whatever for a magazine, have hard damage dropoff over distance, and heavily decrease accuracy from firing

similar fix could be done to the minigun; it wouldnt be a ridiculous weapon if there were more parameters to guns in general

Krutz
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby lpzimm » 22 December 2017, 20:05

Stryde wrote:since eric wont unapprove every map, this is not a slippery slope

a triggers b
b triggers c
c triggers z

From wikipedia:
Some writers distinguish between a slippery slope event and a slippery slope argument.[3][4]:122 A slippery slope event can be represented by a series of conditional statements, namely:

if p then q; if q then r; if r then … z.

I think it's a legitimate post, and a good point. Maybe it is the maps though. Why not discuss it? I guess you could move it to general discussion, but it does make sense here.
lpzimm
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Execute » 22 December 2017, 20:42

lpzimm wrote:
Stryde wrote:since eric wont unapprove every map, this is not a slippery slope

a triggers b
b triggers c
c triggers z

From wikipedia:
Some writers distinguish between a slippery slope event and a slippery slope argument.[3][4]:122 A slippery slope event can be represented by a series of conditional statements, namely:

if p then q; if q then r; if r then … z.

I think it's a legitimate post, and a good point. Maybe it is the maps though. Why not discuss it?

Z wont be triggered because, as many people are aware, every gun in PB2 has unlimited ammo, except for 1. So are we going to unapprove every map, or make only 1 gun approvable (the one where you can still spray, but must be 'reloaded')? Pick your poison

This is a legitimate topic to discuss, but the argument can be applied to any other gun in the game to some degree,if not the same degree, because of the game mechanics of PB2 itself.

Therefore, its pretty much irrelevant. This is like going to a hamburger joint for a hamburger, but you dont want a hamburger. Why the fuk did you show up to a hamburger joint if you dont want a hamburger? PB2 has unlimited ammo and spraying abilities by holding down mouse. You didnt want this, why the fuk are you playing PB2?

Edit: stuck on execute because on phone, i'm stryde in case anyone has been under a rock for 2 yrs

Execute
Recruit

Postby lpzimm » 22 December 2017, 21:21

Execute wrote:Z wont be triggered because, as many people are aware, every gun in PB2 has unlimited ammo, except for 1. So are we going to unapprove every map, or make only 1 gun approvable (the one where you can still spray, but must be 'reloaded')? Pick your poison

This is a legitimate topic to discuss, but the argument can be applied to any other gun in the game to some degree,if not the same degree, because of the game mechanics of PB2 itself.

Therefore, its pretty much irrelevant. This is like going to a hamburger joint for a hamburger, but you dont want a hamburger. Why the fuk did you show up to a hamburger joint if you dont want a hamburger? PB2 has unlimited ammo and spraying abilities by holding down mouse. You didnt want this, why the fuk are you playing PB2?

Edit: stuck on execute because on phone, i'm stryde in case anyone has been under a rock for 2 yrs

I understand your rhetoric, yeah. But I also think that the ray rifle is easier to spam than the other weapons because it's so accurate, damaging, and fast. The tech rifle is much less accurate. The human rifle is a little more accurate, but still not as effective. The minigun and plasmagun spray everywhere. The alien rifle is kind of dinky when you're not shooting through walls or using it in conjunction with the alien shotgun. I guess the alien shotgun is super spammable, though, fitting your argument well ("You can spam the alien shotgun as effectively as the ray rifle, why not ban the alien shotgun?"). This isn't as much a question of can you spam it, but instead of how effective your spam will be, I think.
lpzimm
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby wreak » 29 December 2017, 01:55

I don't think some people get the reason why were saying the ray gun should not be used for approved maps. It's because ray rifles has an extreme amount of DPS and still has an average bullet penetration making it stupid easy to kill people and impossible to even fight if you don't have this crucial weapon or a weapon at all.

of course you can spam every gun but certain weapons don't have as much DPS as others. Some guns just simply don't do enough damage to kill very fast while others will rip people apart in a matter of a few seconds or a few bullets.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby _rayriflepie » 7 January 2018, 01:45

What I love this gun I would have to disagree with you because I love spamming it's cool.

_rayriflepie
Recruit

Postby TerminatorRex » 7 January 2018, 17:43

Lol @ people crying about skill in a game where physics is client side and you can win any fight with lagswitch
artstation.com/seedee
TerminatorRex
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby wreak » 9 January 2018, 22:44

TerminatorRex wrote:Lol @ people crying about skill in a game where physics is client side and you can win any fight with lagswitch

Who would do this at a flash game?
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Return to General Discussion