Level 3 heavy railgun

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Level 3 heavy railgun

Postby maxim12 » 25 November 2017, 15:58

In campaign, we face against enemies who are armed with level 2 or 3 heavy railguns, which are over-kill and can kill the human player in single shot from full health.

I know It's challenge, but It's kinda way too much punishing, even on easy difficulty. Especiality when you enter a very wide arena and those railguns can shoot you from off-screen without giving you chance to fight back (mostly because you dont know where they are located.).

Flanking them doesent really work, since they instantly start aiming and shoot at you in mileseconds. <-- this is not only the case with heavy rainguns, this issue is also with BNG's and a good upgraded rocket launchers, considering the fact that you cannot reflect those projectiles.

^ this causes really frustrating gameplay in my opinion, It's just the same shoot and peek to cover back instantly fast all over again in almost all levels, It's boring and frustrating at the same time. There is not really much a wide open of tactics options in the singleplayer campaign, It's just using the same most effective tactic all over again and again, aaand again.

What are your opinions about that, and do you think there can be a solution to this?
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Re: Level 3 heavy railgun

Postby DeadlyEnergy » 25 November 2017, 16:06

They are powerful but it is still very easy lol.

DeadlyEnergy

Postby Trojan Warrior » 25 November 2017, 16:51

That's really true tbh it's really strong and kinda gets annoying for the human protagonist.
[YrN]Trojan Warrior™

Trojan Warrior

Postby WolfMaster12 » 25 November 2017, 17:46

Although I agree it can be annoying in start, you'll quite quickly get to know if the thugs are holding something that is colored blue-dark gray, you should prepare yourself for the fact you may not make it.

As far as I have seen, you can either:

- Just blind-fire with an assault rifle or minigun (alien rifle not recommended)

- Use a Heavy battlesuit, as a headshot from heavy railgun level 2-3 decreases your HP to 200 - 310 instead of the -50 - 60 you would get from Lite battlesuit

- Use an explosive weapon, such as a (recommendedly upgraded) BNG or an upgraded rocket launcher, as it will kill the Android SLC-56 in 1 shot and will destabilize others, leaving them open for a quick kill with another gun

- For Proxy, clear all the guns in her inventory from upgrades (and the basic weapons of the Marine if necessary), and use the money you got to upgrade Heavy Railgun to level 3. This will especially come handy in level 32, as the CS-Lites are as weak to heavy railgun level 3 as you are, ironically enough.

A solution would be that Eric replaces some of the level 2 heavy railguns with level 1 derivatives
Last edited by WolfMaster12 on 8 December 2017, 07:59, edited 3 times in total.
More cheese for the sir over here!
WolfMaster12
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby AI Robot » 25 November 2017, 21:19

I agree with this, the only real way to not get killed by 1 shot from it is to switch to heavy battle suit but it restricts movement alot.
Spoiler: Show More
You thought you were going to see something here?
AI Robot
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby lostmydollar » 26 November 2017, 02:36

If eric adds a new function to RMB(right mouse button) allowing you to zoom the screen out or "aim" it can solve the most of your problems

Bfg shot can be stopped by a railgun ray. Not sure about rockets tho

Npc react time is simillar to react time of any person in real life so no need to complain about it
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby Dandamage » 26 November 2017, 22:29

lostmydollar wrote:Npc react time is simillar to react time of any person in real life so no need to complain about it

Nah, that ain't true. Sometimes they have superhuman accuracy and reaction time. Most of the time they are stupid as bricks, though.
Dandamage
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Videogames73 » 26 November 2017, 22:40

This is a very cool idea. Perhaps a gun that could shoot through walls and have a passive lock on that flashes when you point it at someone?

Videogames73
Recruit

Postby maxim12 » 27 November 2017, 11:25

lostmydollar wrote:If eric adds a new function to RMB(right mouse button) allowing you to zoom the screen out or "aim" it can solve the most of your problems

Bfg shot can be stopped by a railgun ray. Not sure about rockets tho

Npc react time is simillar to react time of any person in real life so no need to complain about it

RMB zooming wont really help if the map lack of cover positions, and second, I dont belive that eric will implent such feature.

About NPC reaction time, not really agree. As DandDamage said, NPC have super human reflexes/reactions. If I was flaking a human from the back in multiplayer, it would take a few seconds or less untill he turn to me, NPC's do this instantly.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby nightmar » 29 August 2019, 03:02

Something worthy of mentioning wehn it comes to railguns( and most of slot 4 weapons) is that if you manage to land a hit on the enemy ( I suggest you use another railgun for insta-hits) theiy will lose their aim for some split seconds and in the heavy railgunners case, they will miss giving you the opportunity to launch a barrage at them. Sincerely heavy railguns are not that hard to deal with.

EDIT: You can also use explosives to hit them from angles that they can't reach you directly or also try to fight them in water
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to General Discussion