What is Killing Plazma Burst 2?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

What is Killing Plazma Burst 2?

Postby Lance Ryder Wilson » 18 October 2017, 02:53

What Is Killing Plazma Burst 2 ?

I think these 4 things are killing Plazma Burst :

1 : Lag

2 : Guests

3 : Hackers and DDoS

4 : Disrespect

We can't Remove all of these but we can remove 2 things.Lag and Guests

Lag:
Make Higher Ping Limit like 5,000 or 10,000.

Guests:
Remove play as a guest button.Its not hard to make a account.

Well what do you think is killing PB2?

Lance Ryder Wilson
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: What is Killing Plazma Burst 2?

Postby Kostadin 8 » 18 October 2017, 03:20

all of the points you made are incorrect. here is what kills pb2:

1. Hackers and DDOSers

2. People who act like theyre superior than everyone else (like panik and painn)

3. Sync Lag

4. 30 fps > 60 fps

here i will debunk your points:

1. If you can't afford a 100$ 2mbps internet connection well then why even bother going on the internet

2. The guests feature is for people who like to try out the game before making an account and wasting their time.

4. I agree but people who do this get punished, it doesn't ruin anything.
Kostadin 8
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby AI Robot » 18 October 2017, 03:20

1. Lag
2. Toxic community
3. Repetitive Gameplay
4. The Database crash back in 2015.
Spoiler: Show More
You thought you were going to see something here?
AI Robot

Postby Kostadin 8 » 18 October 2017, 03:24

AI Robot wrote:1. Lag
2. Toxic community
3. Repetitive Gameplay
4. The Database crash back in 2015.

Lag? you don't have 100$ to afford a 2mbps connection? that is enough for a 60ping pb2 experience.
Kostadin 8
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby AI Robot » 18 October 2017, 03:33

Kostadin 8 wrote:Lag? you don't have 100$ to afford a 2mbps connection? that is enough for a 60ping pb2 experience.

I'm rather referring to Others lagging, as a lot of people in this community, complain about it.
Also, The people who do complain normally have high ping, not Fps Lag.
You thought you were going to see something here?
AI Robot

Postby mrblake213 » 18 October 2017, 09:33

You are

plsnobanmeiloveyouguys
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Ayano » 18 October 2017, 10:54

Its just that people got tired of playing the game due to whatever reason.
Its normal for a game to die out honestly speaking.
People just suddenly get bored of the game and continue with their lives or just find a new one.

I don't really think that the very main reason of PB 2 Dying is due to the following

Hackers or DDOSers : Okay? I can understand a bit but, seriously I don't think this happens that much anymore..
Geez its just a game with filled Digital awards and Digital Numbers can't you just do something else rather than this?.

Problematic People : Right. One can just simply ignore or block another person. or just turn the chat off.

Guests : Why? Its not like you also play as a guest sometimes.

Internet Lag : Not everyone can afford Good internet, Not all countries have very good internet no matter how expensive it is. If you dislike fighting or playing with laggers, Go ranked or make your own match with a ping limit. Instead of complaining all the time in Approved and Custom matches, You can just simply solve your own problem by actually doing something.

Disrespectful players : The report feature was made for this. Simply take a screen and send it to staff.

FPS : This doesn't mean skill or anything. This is just player preference, It won't matter if you jump higher in 30 sooner or later you still will die to a person with 20 or 30 or 60 FPS on. Seriously. This is just player preference.

But instead its dying since there isn't really anything new.
Just like what AI Robot said.
AI Robot wrote:3. Repetitive Gameplay

I don't really think the Database crash could be a factor of PB 2's death since people can just simply make a new account and just regain their Kills/Deaths.
To those who left the game due to the Database Crash they just simply gave up since they lost "everything" which is basically just digital numbers. And you can gain the kills once more if you did try, who knows maybe it could have been better than last time.
Ayano
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby xChakra » 18 October 2017, 13:38

Ayano wrote:Its just that people got tired of playing the game due to whatever reason.
Its normal for a game to die out honestly speaking.
People just suddenly get bored of the game and continue with their lives or just find a new one.

I don't really think that the very main reason of PB 2 Dying is due to the following

Hackers or DDOSers : Okay? I can understand a bit but, seriously I don't think this happens that much anymore..
Geez its just a game with filled Digital awards and Digital Numbers can't you just do something else rather than this?.

Problematic People : Right. One can just simply ignore or block another person. or just turn the chat off.

Guests : Why? Its not like you also play as a guest sometimes.

Internet Lag : Not everyone can afford Good internet, Not all countries have very good internet no matter how expensive it is. If you dislike fighting or playing with laggers, Go ranked or make your own match with a ping limit. Instead of complaining all the time in Approved and Custom matches, You can just simply solve your own problem by actually doing something.

Disrespectful players : The report feature was made for this. Simply take a screen and send it to staff.

FPS : This doesn't mean skill or anything. This is just player preference, It won't matter if you jump higher in 30 sooner or later you still will die to a person with 20 or 30 or 60 FPS on. Seriously. This is just player preference.

But instead its dying since there isn't really anything new.
Just like what AI Robot said.
AI Robot wrote:3. Repetitive Gameplay

I don't really think the Database crash could be a factor of PB 2's death since people can just simply make a new account and just regain their Kills/Deaths.
To those who left the game due to the Database Crash they just simply gave up since they lost "everything" which is basically just digital numbers. And you can gain the kills once more if you did try, who knows maybe it could have been better than last time.

hi ayano

basically this
[sarcasm] Yeah... Sure[/sarcasm]
xChakra
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Green Eyed Demon » 19 October 2017, 23:21

A lack of players like me and an increase in players like you
Green Eyed Demon

Postby maxim12 » 20 October 2017, 15:25

Eh, I'm pretty sure It's the lack of updates to the game, but thats because Eric Gurt working on Plasma Burst 2.5.

And I hope all the issues that Plasma Burst 2 had will be fixed. Lag and poor optimisation for example. but one big thing I hope for Plasma Burst 2.5 is that it will be popular like how it was in Plasma Burst 2 when 2011 - 2013 (Sorry for wrong dates, I kinda forgot then PB2 was released -.-).

Whats killing Plasma burst 2 for me is that people have to be so obsessed with sniper maps and gunshop/school RPG maps, they've got so much old that they make me sick already. I personaly dont see anything fun in those maps. Gunshops are just boring and dont fit Plasma Burst 2, While sniper maps are just being so much over-used.

As for guests, removing that feature will be a complete stupid Idea. Would be better if It's just limiting their options. Like:
- Not allowing guests to talk in chat.
- Not allowing guests to kick vote other players.
- Finaly Implenting an option when creating a match. Like disallow guests entering the match you creating, so guests can't enter your match that is created by you.

That way, people (Guests) will have chance to experince the game and decide if they want to create account if they want extra features unlocked for them and get the full experience of the game.

And final thing I would like to suggest about guests is making it a time limited feature, not many wouild agree, but it would encourage people to create account. Come on, creating account isnt that hard thing, isnt it?
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby commando 54 » 23 October 2017, 02:52

I don’t know why you are asking, the answer is simple: age, this game is very old, anybody who started playing when PB2 came out is much older now and had most likely moved on, combined with the fact that this game is not mainstream means we don’t get new players often
Simple: this game is old, that’s not a bad thing, it’s lived a good life and we should be happy that at least we got to appreciate it. Lag isn’t killing it, guests aren’t and lack of updates isn’t, it’s just the age and the natural progression of how games go.
Halo 2 is the best PFS shooter ever created, Halo 3 is trash and the BR is a rice shooter and Halo 5 is straight garbage.
commando 54
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby David91523 » 8 November 2017, 13:49

Let me debunk this fact:
Guests: They want to experience with this game. They're anonymous
Hackers and DDosers: Theres only cheaters and DDosers who keep DDosing the official web site
Lag: Either it requires you to afford the Gaming PC.
Disrespectors: If you want to stop them. Theres the report button if you have a screenshot
[Insert reference quote here]
David91523
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby ECC9 » 8 November 2017, 16:53

I dont really hate guests but... I agree...
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby TerminatorRex » 17 November 2017, 14:28

Guests do not kill this game. anonymity should be mandatory in some way in my opinion, it reduces the amount of cancer greatly once the whole self-esteem stuff is gone
artstation.com/seedee
TerminatorRex
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby wreak » 18 November 2017, 02:33

I don't know about y'all but I don't like playing the same game for several years. Also I am trying to get into professional league by practicing almost everyday. Problem being I am only 5'9.5
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby br ad » 18 November 2017, 21:41

There's many reasons I believe. There's a language divide (english platyers, spanish players etc since there's no set langauge), there's lag, there's guests. (we didn't have those a while back)
Another thing is all these roleplay servers, I went in one of them to see what it was all about and well it wasn't exactly the most safe for work thing I've ever seen to say the least. I think lag is a pretty big factor in it though however there's not much we can do about that.
br ad
Recruit

Postby taktisch » 21 November 2017, 11:30

An toxic, unproductive and ungrateful community is my reason
taktisch
Recruit

Postby noir line » 23 November 2017, 15:27

I honestly think it might be that sometimes people find better games to play and leave PB2 in the drain.
noir line
Recruit

Postby Buzzard 1 » 19 January 2018, 02:38

Bugs from major updates, poorly optimized engine that is detrimental to the overall game's performance in which has yet to ever be addressed by Eric which game lag is also a factor which causes movement and overall physics to be very glitchy and at a times, resulting with hindering the player's gameplay experience in Multiplayer. It feels very outdated and the newest update didn't really do much to address these problems at all. Therefore making the game nearly unplayable in which this wasn't the case at all prior to the implementation of the FPS System. Terrible PP system, and overall the not-so-great community.
Buzzard 1
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Sniper J » 19 January 2018, 19:36

I simply believe it was the lacks of updates and the stagnancy of the game itself. With that being said, the toxic community has also contributed to the spiraling downfall of this game. All we can hope is that Eric continues to add updates, even if they are dumb, because it will give players something new to try out.
Last edited by Sniper J on 22 January 2018, 02:25, edited 1 time in total.

Sniper J
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Next

Return to General Discussion