Plazma Burst 2: VoiD... Remember?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Do you remember PB2: VoiD?

Yes, I remember VoiD
95%
No, what's VoiD?
5%

Total votes : 99

Plazma Burst 2: VoiD... Remember?

Postby mingo1 » 25 May 2017, 09:21

Plazma Burst 2 VoiD was released in 2012-13ish and is a mod for Plazma Burst 2.

Eric was previously OK with this version of the game, but the creator of VoiD broke some rules that Eric had set for Eric to be "happy" with the mod. It recently has "come back" with a new update.
Here is its forum: http://voidsdev.com/pb2void/index.php

Do you remember PB2 VoiD?
Did you play PB2 VoiD?
Does its return excite you in any way?
Are you goin' to play a bit after reading this topic, perhaps to kill time as we await 2.5?

Let me know!

I've also created a YT video to display and debrief PB2 VoiD in 2017. At this point, Eric doesn't know how to feel about the VoiD mod, but gave me permission to upload footage for exposure. Take a look for some gameplay and explanation as to what's goin' on with it:

:D
mingo1
Administrator

Re: Plazma Burst 2: VoiD... Remember?

Postby guest-electric fish » 25 May 2017, 20:48

nice topic mingo1. i remember this game which was in many sites and in the old plazma burst Wikipedia they wrote about it but it was scandalous and controversial so much that this word wasn't allowed in pb2 chat. i played a bit this game once and i founded it OK . the return of this game isn't make me excite as i rather play the original plazma burst 2 game and no i won't play this to kill my time while i wait plazma burst 2.5
Spoiler: Show More
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby darkstar 1 » 25 May 2017, 22:26

Tbh it was the first version of pb2 I've ever played :/

And I don't see the point of playing this instead of the actual pb2, yes, it has some spiky characters and some new guns, but it's not like it's very special/different from pb2 when the campain is still the same... So I won't play it after reading this forum.

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby tehswordninja » 26 May 2017, 20:26

I remember seeing this and thinking it was a joke.

The enemy and weapon names, character skins, etc, they're all just so... horrid.

I wish I had a nicer way of describing them but I really can't come up with a better word.

The character skins are just so out of place, the weapon and characters names are just blatantly bad, etc.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby wreak » 26 May 2017, 23:05

I remember playing void but I never thought they had a forum, let alone an active one. Also, numerous names in the forum look familiar.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby GhostX5 » 27 May 2017, 16:48

Yup, I definitely remember PB2: Void. It looks cool, spiky characters and new weapons, I liked how Alien Pistol looks, it looks like an upgraded version of the rail alien pistol, which is capable of firing the armor piercing Railgun rounds.

I have played the old version, but not this. Well, my laptop's fried and I'm on my iPad right now (said this about a couple of times), I don't have the excitement for the game, despite Voidtek (I think that was the creator's name) did broke the rules on something. Although the skins look very cool, I didn't like PB2: VoiD that much. Spiky characters, seems way too much for such players like me, because they just reminded me of the Spike Aliens from Unreal Flash 3, looked way different. Anyway, I got no liking on this game, I just hated it, but liked the new things. Especially the "new" music he put, backgrounds.

That is all I have to say, even though I played the old, but not the new one.
United Special Operations ~:~ RYZE-138 aka Ghost-138 ~:~ Leader of Alpha Team ~:~ Master Chief Petty Officer
Keep Moving Forward.
GhostX5
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby Incompetence » 27 May 2017, 23:02

i remember playing this once out of curiosity but i wasn't that interested by it because nothing stood out other than the fact it's a visual mod

the real question here though is do people remember the greatness that is the royal mod?
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby mingo1 » 28 May 2017, 19:14

GhostX5 wrote:Yup, I definitely remember PB2: Void. It looks cool, spiky characters and new weapons, I liked how Alien Pistol looks, it looks like an upgraded version of the rail alien pistol, which is capable of firing the armor piercing Railgun rounds.

I have played the old version, but not this. Well, my laptop's fried and I'm on my iPad right now (said this about a couple of times), I don't have the excitement for the game, despite Voidtek (I think that was the creator's name) did broke the rules on something. Although the skins look very cool, I didn't like PB2: VoiD that much. Spiky characters, seems way too much for such players like me, because they just reminded me of the Spike Aliens from Unreal Flash 3, looked way different. Anyway, I got no liking on this game, I just hated it, but liked the new things. Especially the "new" music he put, backgrounds.

That is all I have to say, even though I played the old, but not the new one.

Right right. I agree, it's pretty cool! :)

Incompetence wrote:i remember playing this once out of curiosity but i wasn't that interested by it because nothing stood out other than the fact it's a visual mod

the real question here though is do people remember the greatness that is the royal mod?

Royal mod? hm?
Anyways, I see where you're coming from; it isn't much more than just a visual and sound mod. Nothing TOO crazy
mingo1
Administrator

Postby Incompetence » 28 May 2017, 19:43

mingo1 wrote:Royal mod? hm?
Anyways, I see where you're coming from; it isn't much more than just a visual and sound mod. Nothing TOO crazy

this, it's the first result when you search for it http://www.y05.com/games/Royal_Mod/

I believe the creator of that mod got banned for some reason and he ended up making a saltstorm about it. don't quote me on that though

aside from it not being more than a reskinned PB2, the only way it stands out is that it's one of the first mods for the game, and a popular one at that. too bad the creator and eric had issues regarding advertising since the mod had a bit planned out like multiplayer and the usual added content
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Psykoz » 28 May 2017, 23:15

The north remembers...........

Psykoz
Recruit

Postby jeff the hacker » 29 May 2017, 11:25

i have played that game before
but for some reason it begins to generate an annoying glitch ( do not get off a vehicle glitch ), or a disturbing/creepy glitch ( stretchy upsurpation soldiers )
im an alien inside

jeff the hacker
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby mingo1 » 30 May 2017, 03:50

jeff the hacker wrote:i have played that game before
but for some reason it begins to generate an annoying glitch ( do not get off a vehicle glitch ), or a disturbing/creepy glitch ( stretchy upsurpation soldiers )

Yeah, I've noticed that too. Usually mods have those types of glitches/errors, from my experience.

Nothing that really takes away from the whole experience tho
:)
mingo1
Administrator

Postby meme123321123222 » 30 May 2017, 10:59

I will answer all your questions in order

Q: Do you remember VoiD?
A: Yes
Q: Did you play VoiD?
A: Yes
Q: Does the return of VoiD excite you?
A: Definitely not
Q: Are you goin' to play a bit after reading this topic, perhaps to kill time as we await 2.5?
A: No, I'd rather stick with PB2 without mods

There you go, all questions answered...

meme123321123222
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby 49er » 30 May 2017, 14:17

In PB2 the weapons have appropriate names based on the manufacturer, VoiD apparently can't understand that simple concept.
49er
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby nexir » 1 June 2017, 06:03

Better than pb2 in my honest opinion
nexir
Recruit

Postby WolfMaster12 » 21 June 2017, 18:58

Yeah, I remember VoiD, but it's not as good as some say it is.

http://prntscr.com/fmimlz <--- Okay, I agree these are good things to have, but if you guys remember, there existed a chat room option in-game before in original PB2, and a few know there exists a full-screen PB2 as well, well, I forgot the link. You can also see from the pic that the skin is new, okay, it doesn't look bad, but not very original.

http://prntscr.com/fmiq4r <--- Well, okay, these are modified, but that's all. I also heard from VoiD, the developer of the game, that the Alien Pistol will be equivalent with Lite Railgun, meaning that Alien Pistol will become a small Lite Railgun, making you OP. About Tac-B, I thought it to be better than C-01r of PB2, and actually, it is slightly better.

The soundtracks are new in the game, and, in my opinion, better.

Many of people in PB2 VoiD are familiar from PB2.

I think that's all. In my opinion, VoiD is slightly better than PB2, but SLIGHTLY.
Last edited by WolfMaster12 on 22 June 2017, 09:50, edited 1 time in total.
More cheese for the sir over here!
WolfMaster12
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Kostadin 8 » 22 June 2017, 00:09

why does everyone say it has spiky characters and things? it doesnt anymore, when i asked void for that version he said it was just a test.
Kostadin 8

Postby maxim12 » 22 June 2017, 16:57

tehswordninja wrote:I remember seeing this and thinking it was a joke.

The enemy and weapon names, character skins, etc, they're all just so... horrid.

I wish I had a nicer way of describing them but I really can't come up with a better word.

The character skins are just so out of place, the weapon and characters names are just blatantly bad, etc.

Pretty much what ninja said.

PB Void just looks like Plazma burst 2 rip off for me. :nope:

One thing that PB2 void did great is the Combat sound track (music), It's awesome.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby GhostX5 » 15 July 2017, 16:06

WolfMaster12 wrote:Yeah, I remember VoiD, but it's not as good as some say it is.

http://prntscr.com/fmimlz <--- Okay, I agree these are good things to have, but if you guys remember, there existed a chat room option in-game before in original PB2, and a few know there exists a full-screen PB2 as well, well, I forgot the link. You can also see from the pic that the skin is new, okay, it doesn't look bad, but not very original.

http://prntscr.com/fmiq4r <--- Well, okay, these are modified, but that's all. I also heard from VoiD, the developer of the game, that the Alien Pistol will be equivalent with Lite Railgun, meaning that Alien Pistol will become a small Lite Railgun, making you OP. About Tac-B, I thought it to be better than C-01r of PB2, and actually, it is slightly better.

The soundtracks are new in the game, and, in my opinion, better.

Many of people in PB2 VoiD are familiar from PB2.

I think that's all. In my opinion, VoiD is slightly better than PB2, but SLIGHTLY.
It looks neat for it, but the Marine helmet on Noir Lime's armor is slightly off. It's like wearing a Nightfall helmet on a Helioskrill armor which the helmet looks ugly, and messed up the look. It's pretty incompatible for me. I didn't like what Voidtek did with the CS-RC, because it looks better if he leave it like the way how it looks like in PB2. Also, I realized that the Battle Music he used is the slow pitched version of Killing Floor - My Ak. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vg8SQvJ7Lc4
United Special Operations ~:~ RYZE-138 aka Ghost-138 ~:~ Leader of Alpha Team ~:~ Master Chief Petty Officer
Keep Moving Forward.
GhostX5

Postby _Guest Protecter_ B1G F8T A55 » 4 December 2017, 14:13

I Played The Old version, and i try to play the new, i have literally no idea how to play as a guest in the new version. :sorry:

_Guest Protecter_ B1G F8T A55

Next

Return to General Discussion