Whats the freaking point of the "Enemy list"?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Whats the freaking point of the "Enemy list"?

Postby maxim12 » 30 December 2016, 19:53

I'm talking about the "Enemy list" and the "Hated list"...

So, somebody explain me whats the frigein point of that list? I've looked into my profile and I've found that I've been "Hated" 15 times, by mostly users that I've never meet and have no Idea who they're are neither, for a reason that I've have no clue about.

So explain me whats the point of it?

I've even removed all users from my enemy lists (There are only 5 or 6 users around that list, not alot.), because I find it rather absurd and stupid to put other people you dont really meet in real life to enemy list.

Also, many people do some really stupid and cringy as hell things with the enemy list.

Example:

Yeah, there are many things that I hate so much, but I don't see the reason to make such stupid enemy list.

And by the way, why so many people hate trump? He is a fair and Non-biased president unlike Hillary clinton and Obama whose are very biased people who blame everyone else when it was their fault. I cringed very very hard when Hilary blamed russia when they lose the elections, whereas russia has nothing to do with their elections (It's rather their fault that they're so much biased presidents which caused them to fail in the elections.).

Yeah, I know the thread is not about politics and all that stuff, but I just want to make it clear for those people who dont use their brains and dont look at the situation properly.

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Re: Whats the freaking point of the "Enemy list"?

Postby Silent Aurora » 30 December 2016, 21:33

It's a nice feature to have, why are you complaining over a feature.

The enemies list is to keep track of your enemies, when an enemy is online, it will say how many are on in a numeric form which will be in red.

So when you do see your enemy online, you would want to find them in MP and challenge them or something,

Why are you overreacting bro? It's simple.

Hated list is to let you know who added you onto their enemies list so you can either contact them about it or just add them to your enemies list.

But really it's just a nice feature to have.
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby darkstar 1 » 30 December 2016, 21:36

Yeah, don't like it either, random people putting you in their enemy list... the only thing it can be good for is when you wanna stalk people who did not accept your friend requests :/
darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby stfu » 30 December 2016, 23:19

haha everything i don't like is cringe

some people use it to keep track of when people are online, some (like in your picture) use it humorously to aid in a more friendly image (unlike the one you are currently portraying)
stfu
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby maxim12 » 31 December 2016, 14:22

Silent Aurora wrote:It's a nice feature to have, why are you complaining over a feature.

The enemies list is to keep track of your enemies, when an enemy is online, it will say how many are on in a numeric form which will be in red.

So when you do see your enemy online, you would want to find them in MP and challenge them or something,

Why are you overreacting bro? It's simple.

Hated list is to let you know who added you onto their enemies list so you can either contact them about it or just add them to your enemies list.

But really it's just a nice feature to have.

Expect people dont use it as how you described it.

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby mrblake213 » 31 December 2016, 14:30

Then it is their fault, not the feature or the administration.
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Fixer21 » 31 December 2016, 16:28

People don't use it as Silent described, all I see is ''trying to brig their hated persons down''. It's super annoying if you ask me. I got like over 30 for no reason (haven't played approved maps since 2013).

+1 maxim12 :D
Fixer21
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Dariy » 31 December 2016, 16:34

Pls, how else would I keep track of the people I hate in this god damn flash game.
Dariy
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Location: ѕιттιηg ση α яαιηвσω ωιтн α ѕтяιηg αяσυη∂ му ƒιηgєя

Postby Wardemption » 31 December 2016, 16:41

Nothing wrong in it.
Just see my profile.
Wardemption
Falkok [250]

Postby Silent Aurora » 31 December 2016, 18:08

mrblake213 wrote:Then it is their fault, not the feature or the administration.

This,

It's not the feature's fault if people misuse it, you might as well blame the people rather than the feature itself.
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Dariy » 31 December 2016, 18:19

Silent Aurora wrote:

This,

It's not the feature's fault if people misuse it, you might as well blame the people rather than the feature itself.

If people don't use something the way it's "intended" to be used it's generally due to bad design.
Dariy
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby maxim12 » 1 January 2017, 01:06

Wardemption wrote:Nothing wrong in it.
Just see my profile.

Yeah, I've seen it. You just put me as your enemy for no reason at all.

Totaliy "Nothing wrong with it.". People like you just do stupid things with that feature; I.e like puting random people as their enemy for no reason.

I dont know you, you dont know me. So why in the world do you even put me as your enemy?

Silent Aurora wrote:

This,

If they know that the feature is going to be used wrongly, why they dont fix it? Or more smart; Why is this feature was implented?

Why you're protecting this feature so much even if you know it was being used wrong and/or abused?

Or you're the one of those stupid trolls who like to put people in the enemy list for no reason?

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Silent Aurora » 1 January 2017, 02:19

Dariy wrote:
Silent Aurora wrote:

This,

If people don't use something the way it's "intended" to be used it's generally due to bad design.

Bad design? What do you mean?

Design was simple, you add an enemy onto your list, he/she is added. He/She is then notified via their "hated list" who added him/her to it.

Simple. Not the designs fault since it's so simple and if people are so incompetent to even follow that, then what can I say?

maxim12 wrote:
Silent Aurora wrote:

This,

If they know that the feature is going to be used wrongly, why they dont fix it? Or more smart; Why is this feature was implented?

Why you're protecting this feature so much even if you know it was being used wrong and/or abused?

Or you're the one of those stupid trolls who like to put people in the enemy list for no reason?

I'm protecting it so people like you can stop blaming the system itself, but rather the people who uses the system since they are the ones using it incorrectly.

This feature was implanted for the pure idea of what I said in my first post, let me show you here:

Silent Aurora wrote:The enemies list is to keep track of your enemies, when an enemy is online, it will say how many are on in a numeric form which will be in red.

No, I'm not.
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Hikarikaze » 1 January 2017, 02:38

Friends aren't the only thing you make in a game that has a competitive side to it, which is why there's an enemy list. You'll be likely to get a rival or two in multiplayer - the list is there so you can add and organize those people in one place. Obviously people don't use it the way it's intended because they don't have to use it that way but it's not the system's fault nor is it a design flaw that this happens

maxim12 wrote:If they know that the feature is going to be used wrongly, why they dont fix it? Or more smart; Why is this feature was implented?

Because you can't force someone to use it correctly nor can you forcefully change someone's intentions with the list. It's not broken at all therefore there's no need to fix it. Some people use it the way it's intended just fine - that would mean it's working fine and that it's not broken, would it not? Don't try to imply that the system is broken or needs fixing because of a select number of specific cases

maxim12 wrote:Why you're protecting this feature so much even if you know it was being used wrong and/or abused?

Why are you against a feature that literally doesn't affect you in any sort of way? Have you run out of things to complain about that you've targeted this list out of all pointless things to discuss about?
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby MI6 AGENT 007 » 1 January 2017, 04:09

To keep track of your damn enemies and never let them out of sight. Like Dariy said how else would you keep track of the freaking people you hate?
MI6 AGENT 007
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby RenegadeKillerGSX9 » 1 January 2017, 11:43

Well, Silent Aurora and Hikarikaze is right. You seriously can't force someone to use it correctly or can you forcefully change someone's intentions with the list, I also agree with Darkstar, well, I have no problems with it, but GhostX5 and Himeko here do.
Look at Ghost's account and his other acc, Promethean, they have multiple enemies and those who have hated him. Himeko only has one hater, though. But Ghost/Promethean has multiples, because some hate him for impersonating one user, Prothean. And one user named Predator_PL hated Ghost for no reason.
RenegadeKillerGSX9
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby maxim12 » 1 January 2017, 13:48

Hikarikaze wrote:Why are you against a feature that literally doesn't affect you in any sort of way? Have you run out of things to complain about that you've targeted this list out of all pointless things to discuss about?

Because this is my nature. I always complian about things that are being used wrong and/or abused.

My opinion is my opinion, people should accept that, instead of always crying "Why do you always complain!!??".

Enemy list only promotes hate towards each other, and I'm sure thats not the point of the game It'self.

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Dariy » 1 January 2017, 17:56

The cases where the Enemy List is used properly are rare and the majority of those aren't honest feelings
they're just done due to a sudden moment of rage ex. getting killed by the "god" a couple of times on xnx-base.
One thing I think may help in reducing the misuse of this feature is making it so that it's much more like the
"Add As Friend" system, where both sides have to accept the request in order for it to be successful.
Another one is having the enemy list of each player wiped every now and then and if they really still feel
the need to have a specific person as their enemy then they can surely take the effort to make another
request to them. Also there is that glitch where you can add yourself as an enemy. It doesn't really make
any sense unless you actually hate yourself in which case you should probably see a psychologist.
Dariy
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Kazy » 1 January 2017, 19:19

maxim12 wrote:[...]

To answer your contexts' question. No snowflake, the feature is not being removed because you think it's being abused in any way because it is not possible in the first place.

As Silent Aurora's already said, it's to keep in track of enemies.
The feature as such is a nice to have thing and has been added for clan wars and the overall clan system which's been worked on and has never been released of course.
So it became a part of the game.

If you're being triggered by the feature that hard to make a rant-post about it, stop playing the game and/or stop using any or our services at all and ignore it.
Kazy
PB2 Official Weeaboo

Postby Hikarikaze » 1 January 2017, 19:51

maxim12 wrote:
Hikarikaze wrote:Why are you against a feature that literally doesn't affect you in any sort of way? Have you run out of things to complain about that you've targeted this list out of all pointless things to discuss about?

Because this is my nature. I always complian about things that are being used wrong and/or abused.

My opinion is my opinion, people should accept that, instead of always crying "Why do you always complain!!??".

Enemy list only promotes hate towards each other, and I'm sure thats not the point of the game It'self.

I'm going to have to stop you there because I'm seeing less of an opinion and more hostility coming from you. If your nature is complaining uselessly about any sort of random thing that has any sort of issue, good for you, but your OCD antics aren't suitable in a place like this considering how you've done nothing but complain and even try to insult in this topic

Unfortunately while you're allowed to have an opinion, you're not entitled to have one. Facts are facts and an opinion can't be used to disregard facts when presented just because you feel that the system is being misused or used differently than the way described or for any other reason made up from an opinion otherwise

And no, the enemies list doesn't necessarily promote hate among people. It can, but it's not the point. If you make an enemy in the game, chances are you'd want to compete with that enemy to see who's better. The point of the game is to kill other people and the point of multiplayer in general is to win against actual other people; encouraging competition among other people follows those 2 points perfectly even if it doesn't follow them entirely. If you want to see an example of competition in this game where the enemies list would be perfectly suitable, take a look at the Top 100 leaderboards and especially ranked matches. Even map making can get competitive at times

Last but not least:
Kazy wrote:If you're being triggered by the feature that hard to make a rant-post about it, stop playing the game and/or stop using any or our services at all and ignore it.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Next

Return to General Discussion