What direction is PB going in?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

What direction is PB going in?

Postby Rayie » 24 February 2020, 03:40

I've been in this community since ~2012. This game has been getting more and more complex for what seems like no reason at all. Sure, I'm all for community ideas, importable decors is pretty neat, so is all the trigger functions; however, there's like 60 gun skins for what seems like some of the same guns, and all this on an aging engine that's not (or isn't about to be, i'm not even that sure these days) supported by Chrome.
Hey, didnt you used to make skins? Yeah I did, and they made sense because they were filling gaps, ex; there was no weapon filling the gap between an assault rifle and sniper rifle, thus an idea for a battle-rifle/marksman rifle was born a long time ago in the old forums. This was before user-created weapons were even a thing. Why the hell is there a shark gun that does absolutely nothing?
I can imagine making a game is hard, especially keeping the attention and listening to all the requests of players, but there's a point where a line has to be drawn. This is like the jump from Halo 3 to Halo 5, and that's probably why they're rebooting the series, just like Call of Duty did.

I may be wrong, but players need something new, something fresh, even if its a back-to-roots kind of thing. Cramming features into a game doesn't make a fun game. I dont think PB2 needs to be worked on much more. PB2.5 looks really promising and I hope development comes along well.

From someone who started playing in their teens, and is just now starting a career and seeing it now, thats my $0.02

Edit: My battle rifle is actually still on these forums lmao
viewtopic.php?f=148&t=14365&p=139476#p139476
what a damn relic
DoomWrath wrote:I have a cat. It's quite a modern model, I think it's the compact version. Got it with the optional 1" paws, sun roof, and cruise control.
Rayie
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: What direction is PB going in?

Postby Assassino Jack Black » 4 April 2020, 22:49

Just for me to unsderstand something before getting in further discussion, is it Eric behind all the new guns still coming into the game, or did he give the players some tool to create weapons themselves via the level editor?

Assassino Jack Black
Recruit

Postby Incompetence » 5 April 2020, 00:11

Assassino Jack Black wrote:Just for me to unsderstand something before getting in further discussion, is it Eric behind all the new guns still coming into the game, or did he give the players some tool to create weapons themselves via the level editor?

new guns recently were made by community members like ditzy and darkstar and voted publicly by the community. the weapons/assets with the highest votes got in. there's no given tool to make them; people just make them themselves and the software used varies depending on who you ask

back to OP, there's a handful of weapons that just aren't unique compared to other counterparts so using them gets boring or old pretty quick. the most recent additions are a step forward but i still don't think a lot of the new weapons are truly unique enough or possess a proper individual identity that can't apply to any other weapon. i guess the game engine is to blame to some degree for having limitations but it does also fall upon creators not making unique enough ideas/weapons/etc for the game to keep things new or fresh as well (myself included) and community members not voting for such unique ideas enough. gun skins in the level editor are just to allow people who weren't lucky in the polls to get stuff added in; i'd certainly like some of my own to become actual weapons one day since they're based from interesting ideas but eh, this is the closest i'll reach for now.

also i'm speaking more on the new weapons and skins added in this past update. level editor is a different story because it allows for limitless content regardless so i won't mention it. imo pb2 doesn't have a direction anymore; last poll seemed to be for adding content for the sake of adding content anyways, regardless of the quality of said content. trigger additions + importable decors were the only true unique things about the update and the only things that kept the update from being considered lackluster cause again, most of the new weapons aren't exactly anything special.
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby IforgotmypasswordHaHAA » 5 April 2020, 15:40

Rayie wrote:This game has been getting more and more complex for what seems like no reason at all.

You'll have to go in detail in order to convice me of that. For numerous reasons, I believe what you say is wrong.

Rayie wrote:Sure, I'm all for community ideas, importable decors is pretty neat, so is all the trigger functions; however, there's like 60 gun skins for what seems like some of the same guns,

So eric shouldn't add a feature that lets users add custom content just because you are personally displeased with people making a ''mislead'' use of said feature? Lol.
Besides, who are you to say someone has or no right to make their own skin?

Rayie wrote:and all this on an aging engine that's not (or isn't about to be, i'm not even that sure these days) supported by Chrome.

Eric has provided a standalone download without the need of using a browser a while a go. Also, he's making pb2.5 in his own engine. Eric has made a lot of changes through the game/editor despite your claim.

Rayie wrote:Cramming features into a game doesn't make a fun game.

Giving the players more tools to design and experiment/play with doesn't make the game more interesting or engaging? I guess I'll get back to have ''fun'' with 2011 maps with the same enemies the same design, lots of limitations in design and features, lack of new visuals.

Rayie wrote:I dont think PB2 needs to be worked on much more. PB2.5 looks really promising and I hope development comes along well.

This is the most confusing statement I've read in this forum, ever. Your whole post is against putting new features on PB2, but at the same time you say you expect Eric to work on PB2.5, when essentially both are the same game, specially considering that pb25 is pretty much pb2 with more features. I'd rather have eric giving us a feature the community asks for in a matter of weeks than wait 2 more years to get the whole update.
IforgotmypasswordHaHAA
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby AnnieFushi » 28 April 2020, 16:23

this game is already dead, but it will die another death being already dead.

AnnieFushi
Recruit

Postby phsc » 9 May 2020, 06:45

decay
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby ECC9 » 9 May 2020, 12:41

they are bored n has nothin better to do
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby EOw » 24 June 2020, 22:38

When someone asks: "What direction is PB2 going?" it really depends on what's going on currently.

There are more than a million people with PB2 accounts, but on 150 people are on each day. We are a secret community, and I feel proud that I am one of those people.

Some people might leave the game, but I will remain. I will keep playing until the end of time.

If a big Youtuber randomly joined this game, we might be in the same spot as when players in local Minecraft server 2B2T were in. Rusher recorded a video about the server, and tons of dozens of people flooded in. If that same event happened to us, it could help shape up the game. If the game gets too popular, where's a wait list, then that's bad.

EOw
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Girl_Power » 24 June 2020, 23:06

It really depends for everyone. I feel PB2 is headed in a generally good direction considering the next installment to the game is nearly here. I like having PB2 as a small community even though not everyone gets along.

The PB2 community is a family to me.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby paulstin » 26 June 2020, 14:02

EOw wrote:When someone asks: "What direction is PB2 going?" it really depends on what's going on currently.

If a big Youtuber randomly joined this game, we might be in the same spot as when players in local Minecraft server 2B2T were in. Rusher recorded a video about the server, and tons of dozens of people flooded in. If that same event happened to us, it could help shape up the game. If the game gets too popular, where's a wait list, then that's bad.

I think EOw has come up with the solution!. this game is like a secret, We just need one BIG and well known Youtuber to do a video, and Plasma Burst would get all the publicity it needs to get back to the old days when there was well over a thousand players online at all times, IF ANY OF YOU know a youtuber, or even if any of you you could make videos to give our game the KICK START it needs, this is a good game, with many dedicated players,

Guess what im going to say next, lol,, LONG LIVE OUR PLASMA BURST. lol

paulstin
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby ECC9 » 26 June 2020, 21:12

join dark clan if u want to make pb2 great again

#MAKEPB2GREATAGAIN

ECC9

Postby paulstin » 26 June 2020, 23:06

ECC9 wrote:join dark clan if u want to make pb2 great again

#MAKEPB2GREATAGAIN

YES ECC9, you are right, Join GLORIOUS DARK CLAN, to make PB2 great again, superior DARK CLAN technology will overcome any problem, our GLORIOUS DARK CLAN was founded by the exhaulted one, the pb2 legend YOSHIMAN THE GREAT, who has the highest K/D ratio ever of 18,

MAKE PB2 GREAT, JOIN DARK CLAN

LONG LIVE THE GLORIOUS DARK CLAN, LONG LIVE YOSHIMAN THE GREAT

paulstin
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 26 June 2020, 23:19

It's a good game, especially for a flash game. I don't know what the game was like back in the early days and at its prime; I only joined in 2018. Inevitably, it's gotten old. Flash dying is not going to help either. At least 1.32 was a good update, opening up multiple opportunities for the game to expand. Despite its flaws, this is a good game, with nice features and a decent community. Maybe it can make a comeback if, like EOw said, some famous dude picks up on it, has fun, and releases content about the game online. That's me being optimistic, but hopefully it can become reality.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby mingo1 » 27 June 2020, 03:49

I think you might just be playing the wrong maps! There are thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of maps and modes to play, all with their own theme, maybe story... the way I see it, if you're playing the right maps, you can't ever truly get bored of PB2. It's like GTA and Minecraft... the community makes those games their own

:)
mingo1
Administrator

Postby Anechoic » 3 July 2020, 12:18

Probably a triple "A" game. やれやれだぜ。。
Anechoic
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby nightmar » 6 July 2020, 16:39

mingo1 wrote:I think you might just be playing the wrong maps! There are thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of maps and modes to play, all with their own theme, maybe story... the way I see it, if you're playing the right maps, you can't ever truly get bored of PB2. It's like GTA and Minecraft... the community makes those games their own

:)

Yes there are literally thousands of maps out there, the problem is just that nobody plays them. Even if you do start a match in such a map, it most likely won't last long.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar

Postby ECC9 » 6 July 2020, 22:34

Now I am back at this topic askin' the same question since the ''new updates'' : )))

ECC9

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 12 July 2020, 04:04

Least we now have:
More characters.
Avre.
NORMAL EVERYDAY PEOPLE (civvies).
Police guys.
Triggered.
Homing missiles.
Freaking M202 Commando.
Toxic guns.
An AA-12!!!!!!
LASERS (not laser beams).
TASER (aka medic pistol).
Finally a shotty for the non-Advanced Usurpations.
Impact grenades (now we can make proper noob tubes).
Sticky grenades (that can float in midair, but okay).
Real arm cannons. (Happy Grub Noises.)
And the ability to make tons of other weapons and give characters fake heads, fake helmets, glowy lights, fake beards, and tons of other stuff with custom decors. ^_^

But seriously. All it really comes down to is this:
To play or not to play. That is the question. And the answer is neither right nor wrong; it is yours.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie

Return to General Discussion